Evic Primo 2.0, smoke coming out of battery port

Status
Not open for further replies.

rymail00

Dec 18, 2017
Well received an email back from joyetech. They asked for a short video of the problem so I made one. Also another few emails went back and forth. I have the original box, and everything inside it, as well as the serial number and other codes on the back of the box but no receipt since it was gift.

So sounds like I'll just be buying a new mod after all. I'm going to start looking at some of the suggestions here. I really liked the primo but the original 1 I have has had problems with the "510 pin" (not the correct term I believe lol) but where the the tank screws into the mod keeps coming loose, sliding up and down and wobbles and the 2.0 burnt out.

So going to check the Ark mentioned and Smoant Charon.

Thanks again to everyone who's responded it's been extremely helpful!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Well received an email back from joyetech. They asked for a short video of the problem so I made one. Also another few emails went back and forth. I have the original box, and everything inside it, as well as the serial number and other codes on the back of the box but no receipt since it was gift.

So sounds like I'll just be buying a new mod after all. I'm going to start looking at some of the suggestions here. I really liked the primo but the original 1 I have has had problems with the "510 pin" (not the correct term I believe lol) but where the the tank screws into the mod keeps coming loose, sliding up and down and wobbles and the 2.0 burnt out.

So going to check the Ark mentioned and Smoant Charon.

Thanks again to everyone who's responded it's been extremely helpful!
Well, if that don't beat all. Don't suppose the 'gifter' would intercede do you? Just a thought. Have you looked at the pico's? Very sturdy mod and fits in the palm of your hand while being powerful. Takes one 18650 external battery.

:)

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I love it when one of these stories has a happy ending!

Makes me feel all Christmassy inside, even though "Christmassy" is a chick word.

Edit: Since you were gonna lay out $40-something anyway, how about an external battery charger instead? You can charge the cells outside of the mod and not risk this happening with the new Evic. :)

rymail00

Dec 18, 2017
I love it when one of these stories has a happy ending!

Makes me feel all Christmassy inside, even though "Christmassy" is a chick word.

Edit: Since you were gonna lay out $40-something anyway, how about an external battery charger instead? You can charge the cells outside of the mod and not risk this happening with the new Evic. :)

Well I actually do have one as well as 4 extra batteries. I work for an airline so I'm on the road and in hotels 4 days a week so packing space is limited so I always used the passthrough. But after this little debacle I think I'll find a way to make work lol.

I know joyetech says it's "capable" of charging it the way I did but many youtube reviews i watched befote buying it said "yes it can be done, but better off not to". But i think im going to try and make sure stick to the external battery charger from on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread