Status
Not open for further replies.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I have an Evic Primo mini. The ohm readings compared to all other mods and ohm meter that I have are off by .1 ohm. It consistently reads .45 ohm coils as .55 ohm compared to other mods.

Used this mod for about 4 weeks and it didn't used to read wrong by anything like this amount. I have cleaned all contacts even though they seemed to be clean already.

I was using it in TC mod before it started misreading by this amount. Obviously not working in TC mod anymore with that much off on the reading.

Is there any way to calibrate this mod? Or should I just write it off as unusable?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
If the offset is consistent it's something you could just live with, just not rely upon to determine resistance when building. As to the TC issue, yeah, that's shot so if you're primarily a TC user it's toast. But in wattage mode it shouldn't matter and simply be used as a beater for however long it continues to last.

maibol

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2017
I have an Evic Primo mini. The ohm readings compared to all other mods and ohm meter that I have are off by .1 ohm. It consistently reads .45 ohm coils as .55 ohm compared to other mods.

Used this mod for about 4 weeks and it didn't used to read wrong by anything like this amount. I have cleaned all contacts even though they seemed to be clean already.

I was using it in TC mod before it started misreading by this amount. Obviously not working in TC mod anymore with that much off on the reading.

Is there any way to calibrate this mod? Or should I just write it off as unusable?

Have you considered to try artic fox ?......since i try it my joyetech mod works amazing and they are more accurate on TC

Hex nut

Feb 6, 2018
Netherlands
@Beamslider, sorry to hear your Primo Mini is having such serious issues. Mine's still working pretty decently for the past eight months or so. There is a new firmware update, maybe that's worth trying? Software download - Joyetech
Doesn't appear to be a complete overhaul, although TC seems a little smoother - at least on my MTL atties. Can't say if it's the same on more exotic coils, because I'm only using simple ("boring"?) spaced coils.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread