jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
You may want to read this.
Taste Your Juice | EVIC-VT HEADS UP…

Apparently the evic VT will hit your coil with a 30+ watt surge for about 0.5 to 1 second when you either switch tanks or it wakes up from sleep mode, or you turn it on. The purpose of this is so the mod can detect whether your coil is a temp control coil or not. After the surge, it settles down to the wattage that is set. So if you have a coil on there that cannot handle that surge, it will scorch your wick. So the device really isn't designed to use 2+ ohm coils. If you're using a subohm tank, you won't notice this surge at all as you will most likely be vaping at 30 watts or higher anyways.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL

Apparently the evic VT will hit your coil with a 30+ watt surge for about 0.5 to 1 second when you either switch tanks or it wakes up from sleep mode, or you turn it on. The purpose of this is so the mod can detect whether your coil is a temp control coil or not. After the surge, it settles down to the wattage that is set. So if you have a coil on there that cannot handle that surge, it will scorch your wick. So the device really isn't designed to use 2+ ohm coils. If you're using a subohm tank, you won't notice this surge at all as you will most likely be vaping at 30 watts or higher anyways.
I read this earlier and it's weird that I haven't even noticed it in my 3 weeks. I use subtanks at about 16 watts so surely it should affect me?

Mapultz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
NC

Holy crap. I read a ton about this and never saw anything about that. There's nothing I can do?!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I read this earlier and it's weird that I haven't even noticed it in my 3 weeks. I use subtanks at about 16 watts so surely it should affect me?
You probably don't notice it because the subtank coils can easily accommodate a brief 30 watt surge without burning the wick. And if you are using a temp control coil in the subtank, then you definitely won't notice this since in TC mode, you are vaping at 30 watts plus anyways. Also, temp control does effectively prevent the coil from burning the wick as well.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Holy crap. I read a ton about this and never saw anything about that. There's nothing I can do?!

Phil Busardo justed posted that yesterday, so you could have very well missed it. My recommendation is to make sure that your coil/wick can handle this quick power surge. If you subohm (are using subohm tanks), this won't be an issue.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
You probably don't notice it because the subtank coils can easily accommodate a brief 30 watt surge without burning the wick. And if you are using a temp control coil in the subtank, then you definitely won't notice this since in TC mode, you are vaping at 30 watts plus anyways. Also, temp control does effectively prevent the coil from burning the wick as well.
Oh yeah that makes sense. I'm just using kanthal with my subtanks. Either .5 occ or rba about .7. My tct tank is nickel at 30 watts so obviously no issue there. Sucks for such a huge problem, I feel very fortunate it doesn't affect me. I'd imagine there will be lots of returns in the future. Such a nice little mod, how could they screw that up?

baaadjustin

Moved On
Apr 13, 2015
Missouri
I got an evic VT for the battery life, not because I'm interested in temp control. So I have it set to VW mode. But it's scorching the crap out of all of my attys and cartos. Even set as low as 6.5 watts. What am I doing wrong??
Have you tried using a sub ohm tank?

P.H.

Jun 2, 2015
I'm glad I found this thread because I thought I was doing something wrong. We got our evic vts today in the mail. I didn't want to mess with the new tanks that came with them today so just put our nautilus minis on them to check them out. Got so many dry/scorched hits I finally put the tanks back on the iStick 30w. I'm kind of bummed that the evic isn't versatile enough to handle all kinds of tanks. That was kind of the whole point of buying a bigger mod...

Reactions: Mapultz

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
It could very well be. Remember that the "test pulse" only lasts about 0.5 - 1 second. So it could be just short enough that it doesn't burn the cotton, but it is high enough that if you're vaping you get that nasty dry hit. Maybe you can make it a habit to give it one hit BEFORE you actually start vaping.

Reactions: Mapultz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread