Not open for further replies.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Just got two in the mail.

Man oh man.

I have this really dark Ovale Virginia tobacco 50vg/50pg juice that is like syrup and couldn't get more than a few draws off my ego-c attys before it got all wispy and burn tasting and the attys needed cleaning.

Just water cleaned the EVOD tank (not the atty, it was dry, no primer,) filled this thing up with the rest of that juice and Rodger me five ways from Sunday - what a vape!

The vape is mellow compared to an ago-t / ego-c but man there is more of it and the flavor rocks. The flavor is, what can I say - just 'more there.'

Since filling and vaping about 20 draws have not had one bad hit yet, it's a damned pro this thing.

QUESTION - leave the ego with EVOD standing upright so no juice gets in the central tube of the tank or can these be left on their side (I'm thinking not, at least with my DEKANG 100% pg juices....?) What about when take of the EVOD with juice still in - leave upright or on side?

So far color me bloody well impressed. Gonna fill the second up with Dekang Camel and see how that goes...!

Last edited:

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Just filled up the second and had a good vape with the Dekang Camel 100% PG.

This kicks the ego-t and ego-c rig's .....

Better, tastier, slightly cooler vape that just feels like I've 'leveled up' in VapeWorld.

If by the end of a whole tank and then a refill, they handle the refill - I'm sold, this is my new set up, bye bye, ego-c, bye bye. I'll keep the battery of course, but as long as no leak issues, these are FAR SUPERIOR.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I still like the slightly better th with the ego-c on the 100% PG JUICES I have to say.

Just experimented and compared with DEKANG camel on the evod and on the ego-c. The ego-c gives a slightly stronger vape.

With the Ovale 50/50 Virginia tobacco - the EVOD is heads and shoulders above.

So for the daytime (I don't vape heavy) or periods while I don't need a lot of juice loaded and I'm vaping PG only, I'll stick to the ego-c.

But for any juices with VG in or for a long night out when I need more capacity and don;t want to refill, yeah I'll be using these.

Good product, vaped almost a 3rd of a tank and not even a hint of a bad hit, thought the vape is cooler, THE FLAVOR IS 30% stronger but like I said that's good with VG as the ego-c can't handle it and sometimes the PG vape is too hot on the ego-c.

Anyhow, can't believe the consistency and not one bad hit yet straight off the bat. If I need more th I can buy stronger juice to use in the EVOD. But yeah the main selling point is how well these are just 'working' and the flavor is so much more pronounced.

EDIT - after another few minutes of switching, I'd say the EVOD wins over ego-c as both to be fair are great for PG juices but the EVOD is a TROOPER when it comes to dark VG - so yeah it wins by a nod at the post in my book.

Solid man, solid (so far.)

Last edited:

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Am finding so far (one has been sitting almost full for 20 mins) zero leakage standing upright, so I'm assuming this is the best way to keep them when not using?

I too love my evods. I have never had one leak either laying down or standing up.

glowplug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Lakewood, CO USA
I have been enjoying my new MT3S from Kanger since I mugged the mailman yesterday afternoon. I love the vape. Flavor is better than the evod? I can't see any reason that would be true, but there ya go! The draw is a bit "stiffer" or harder and I really like that. In fact, that is the only real issue I have with my Pro Tank: I don't like the airy draw. Waiting on an air flow regulator to arrive today, if the mailman is still willing to stop at my house. May have to hide behind a bush until he leaves!:laugh:

Clouds of vapor, great taste and that wee little bit of additional juice capacity is noticeable. I am using the coil that came installed in the MT3S. 2.5 ohm I think. Maybe I should use the 2.5 in my evods as well. Time will tell.

I really have enjoyed everything from Kanger. I only wish I could get my TW RB1 rebuildable to work. I love the look! More hardware coming with the regulator: VV pass-through as well and some juice (of course) from Madvapes.

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
Just got two in the mail.

Man oh man.

I have this really dark Ovale Virginia tobacco 50vg/50pg juice that is like syrup and couldn't get more than a few draws off my ego-c attys before it got all wispy and burn tasting and the attys needed cleaning.

Just water cleaned the EVOD tank (not the atty, it was dry, no primer,) filled this thing up with the rest of that juice and Rodger me five ways from Sunday - what a vape!

The vape is mellow compared to an ago-t / ego-c but man there is more of it and the flavor rocks. The flavor is, what can I say - just 'more there.'

Since filling and vaping about 20 draws have not had one bad hit yet, it's a damned pro this thing.

QUESTION - leave the ego with EVOD standing upright so no juice gets in the central tube of the tank or can these be left on their side (I'm thinking not, at least with my DEKANG 100% pg juices....?) What about when take of the EVOD with juice still in - leave upright or on side?

So far color me bloody well impressed. Gonna fill the second up with Dekang Camel and see how that goes...!

Try it with a mesh wick:

Kanger protank-wick and coil setup with 400 ss mesh :) - YouTube

Unfettered

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Texas
Yup yup, I posted in another thread recently, after having gotten my first set of evods, that I felt like I was really tasting my juice for the first time. Love them.

They can get a bit soggy now and then and do require a bit of maintenance, but it doesn't take long and then the vape is just like it was right out of the box. Very good, solid product. Exciting how far the technology has come since I got my first Joye 510 almost 4 years ago. :laugh:

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Well I'm now halfway through the first EVOD full of that dark, syrupy Virginia Tobacco from Ovale VG/PG and this thing is still hitting like a damned champ where my ego-c had burned out and had to be cleaned 3 times by now.

The taste is amazing and the vape has such a good texture.

Props to the designers of these, I'd be surprised if there's anything out there or will be for a while that beat these(for the price, i imagine the protanks are meant to be better), man they are gooooood!

Finally able to enjoy dark Vg juices out and about without having to drip.

Nice.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
^^

Honestly I thought this juice was a 'write off' as it's just too dark and viscous.

But on the EVOD it'd downright delicious, a roll your own kind of smoky taste with a sweet caramel aftertaste on the exhale.

Don't get me wrong, the ego-c is good with PG juices but this thick dark juice is now awesome and delicious on the EVOD when before it was just a burn tasting atty killer!

Try one out man if you have some dark, thick juices that give wicking and atty probs on other delivery devices. This thing for less than five bucks USD is handling it like it's pure PG when it's thick VG/PG!

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Okay. Man I don't wanna sound like a schill for these guys (and you know I praise the ego-t and c systems) but I just fille dup the other EVOD with my dekang mild 7. Now anyone will tell you the 'mild' in the name is very literal. On the ego-c it was like vaping fresh air.

On the EVOD man, it's almost lime smoking an actual mild seven (my actual brand of cigs as well as the occasional Marley gold ) the vape is strong and full and it tastes as close as I think I'll ever come to an analogue taste on an e-cig.

I was so sKeptical about these devices but am now (and just had another two draws as I type to make sure) vaping cheap dekang mild 7 and cannot believe how good it is.

'The delivery system makes the juice' is my new motto.

Dark juices for that fuller body taste and sweet after taste on the exhale and 100PG tobacco for an analogue feel, so close it's, well I'm surprised.

okay, I've kinda over waxed lyrical, I'll leave it up to others to give their opinions. And I haven't done more than one tank full in either of my evods YET so the jusry is still out on longevity (for me anyway.)

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
So yeah. I'm still a 'dual user' in that vaping works perfectly and is preferable to me in the day time, but in the evening and when I;ve had a few drinkies, I feel there's 'something missing.'

I'm just waiting for WTA juices to be more widespread / common and I feel I could get off the smokes for good. Until then I've cut down by 50%, so am happy about that and the EVOD will help me through more beers than the ego-c will until I have to have a cig, so bravo EVOD.

I'm addicted to chocolate and coffee too so have zero doubt that I need that other 5% of the tobacco alkaloids that regular e-juice doesn't have. Coffee and chocolate have the same MOAI's that e-juice doesn't and cigs do and I personally feel calmed by tobacco but stimulated by vaping. I was the kind of smoker (there are two types, one that takes short puffs for a stimulating effect and one like me that takes long, deep draws with slow long exhales that go for a relaxing effect) that was relaxed by tobacco and am not by vaping, so thus obviously it's awesome for the workday when I want to be more stimulated and awake and feel my lungs are clearer, but no good for the evening when I want to feel chilled.

Well I've found my deliver device in the EVOD, i have no doubt, just waiting now for WTA or 'tweaked juices' become more common place so I may not need cigs to feel mellow.

Anyhow, as with all my reviews, very convoluted, but yeah, evod works better than ego-c with both PG and VG. Longevity not yet proven due to short duration of ownership....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread