EVOD Whistling :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
Midlands, United Kingdom
I posted this in the eliquid section by accident.

After starting this thread here -
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ternate-between-devices-throughout-day-2.html

I decided to go to my local Ecig store and buy an EVOD. Got back home and it's started whilsting, and haven't a clue why. Also the throat hit and vapor doesn't seem to be a strong as the CE4 clearomizer, does it need breaking in? Usually i run my CE4 clearomizer at around 4 valts, but i'm running the EVOD at 4.6. I have tried different voltages but anything than lower than 3.5 hardly produces anything at all.

Have i just wasted £8?

jp_cfc09

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
lost
evods are smoother as they are bottom coil makeing a cooler vape with better flavour, ce4 are top coil that give a warmer vape. if its the ce5 they are duel coil so give better throat hit and more vapour. as for the whistle cheek the holes are clear etc at the base, I find with the evods I like to fire the button for a few seconds before I vape and take long slow sucks to get good hits.

Tibbetts

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
The whistling is common in a lot of devices. You're creating a vacuum of wind through a tiny hole. I have heard of people using a piece of folded kanthal stuck in the air hole to cut the clean wind and stop the whistle, but I have yet to try it. I've just learned to ignore it. It doesn't bother me anymore.

Do you know what resistance head you're using? I think EVODs come with a 2.2ohm head preinstalled. Try installing a new head on it, if available, or try rebuilding it, if you dare venture down that path. That could be a potential cause.

I'm going to say the high PG you're using is the cause of the low vapor production. As a general rule, more VG=More vapor.

Patrick21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
Midlands, United Kingdom
The whistling is common in a lot of devices. You're creating a vacuum of wind through a tiny hole. I have heard of people using a piece of folded kanthal stuck in the air hole to cut the clean wind and stop the whistle, but I have yet to try it. I've just learned to ignore it. It doesn't bother me anymore.

Do you know what resistance head you're using? I think EVODs come with a 2.2ohm head preinstalled. Try installing a new head on it, if available, or try rebuilding it, if you dare venture down that path. That could be a potential cause.

I'm going to say the high PG you're using is the cause of the low vapor production. As a general rule, more VG=More vapor.

Yeh i think next time i buy some juice i'll get some VG instead. Just don't want to miss out on throat hit though.

jp_cfc09

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
lost
If you want a killer throat hit, get into rebuildables. I just got my new mech mod and RTA, and MAN! It kicks ...!

think I will soon after I get some decent set ups, ive only got two egos, itaste vv v3 and waiting on a mvp v2 getting shipped at the minute. think ill get a mech and some RTA next and start rebuilding my own as its the next step for me I think lol. im going to start looking into a good mech and rebuilding in the next few weeks probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread