Evods - a sickening amount of flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatterz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
dfw, tx
I'm new to vaping and just recently got a bunch of evods and a Protank. For the first few months, I vaped exclusively on the Joytech eRoll and I loved it. Good flavor, great vapor and great TH all in a little package with practically a 1090mAh battery due to the charging case.

Now that I have EVODs and Protanks, I'm finding it just has too much flavor and goes through juice a bit quicker in the process - they seem to burn more juice to get such an enhancement of flavor. To me, this is somewhat akin to just licking the juice itself it seems like. My old ADV, Mountain Dew from DFW, is just sickening to me now because its just extremely sweet in both the Evod and Protank. I put in one of my (generic?) EVOD heads in the protank and switched out the chimneys/rods and the Protank had lots of leaking issues (no leaking issues with protank heads but it just way too airy of a draw). I would suck on my eRoll all day but now I just have less of a drive to pick up my Evods/Protanks before getting sick of them. The eRoll just felt less chemical-ish and more cleaner to me but has too many drawbacks now that i've switched to eGo batteries (love my Vision Spinners).

TLDR, I guess these delivery methods just aren't for me because there just seems to be a sickening amount of flavor to the point I don't want to vape them. Sweet flavors taste sweeter, semi-sweet flavors taste too sweet..its just kind of nauseating I suppose..kind of like how cigarettes taste bad ever since I started vaping. Anybody else think this or am I just weird? Its kind of weird saying theres too much flavor but too much of anything can be bad depending on tastes I guess. Welp, now on to try some other delivery methods, I just don't know what to try though..perhaps a Vapeonly BCC or carto tanks (but I've tried boge LR cartos and i get kind of a metallicy taste and a pretty warm vape that I'm not accustomed to/fond of). I've been looking at the new T3S and Mini T3 but it seems equivalent to the Evod and am thinking I'd like to try something besides Kanger. What are the advantages of Cartotanks? I'd like something Evod sized though.

Currently running with Evod heads at 2.5Ohms, would possibly getting 1.8Ohm heads solve anything? I've yet to get Fuzion's Unicorn Blood to taste right, too..just kinda burned with a bad taste in my mouth afterwards..tastes good for 1 or 2 hits and then its just no good.

Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
You don't say what kind of battery you're running... if VV, turn it down?

If not, you might want to go to a higher resistance coil, which would translate to lower wattage for a fixed voltage. Less heat, less vapor. Less vapor, less juice used. Going to a lower res coil would just produce more vapor at the fixed voltage.

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
I would suck on my eRoll all day but now I just have less of a drive to pick up my Evods/Protanks before getting sick of them. The eRoll just felt less chemical-ish and more cleaner to me but has too many drawbacks now that i've switched to eGo batteries (love my Vision Spinners).

Totally know what you mean...I did the same, started out with the eRoll and couldn't have been happier for the 1st couple months. For me, the flavor started to get "dull" and I wanted to see what I was missing. Bought the spinner and evods, and it's a world of difference. Still use my eRoll and love it, but I tend to prefer the Spinner/evod.

I noticed that I didn't like tobacco flavors in my eRoll--they didn't have a fullness of flavor that I expected. Now, I am using them in the spinner and really loving them. You might try moving to other kinds of juices--ones that aren't meant to be as sweet. Another thing you could try is to cut your sweeter juices down with a nictone, unflavored PG or VG.

I can't speak to the ohm's on your heads or anything like that--I'm using the HR heads in mine and I'm finding that pretty much all the juices I have taste best at around 4-4.3V. Some of the lighter fruitier juices are better at lower voltage, but I don't have too many of those. Mostly desserts and tobaccos now.

tatterz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
dfw, tx
I've seen the Discount Vapor Vission clearo..the CE5 with changeable coils right? I kind of want a cooler vape and I think the CE5 is a top coil which means warm vape and having to tilt and all that. I'm still really interested in VapeOnly BCC Minis if anybody has any input

Thanks for you input Alisa. I've actually never tried a tobacco vape but I just don't see myself getting into them. Since vaping, I just don't enjoy cigs anymore, I find them rather bad tasting now. I may just end up ordering some Bobas though to see what the fuss is about. I've been playing with voltages too and I just can't find a nice spot in a lot of my flavors. I can't pinpoint exactly what it is but it just seems like an oversaturated vape with the evods. Semi-sweet flavors are now a little too sweet for my liking and toning the voltage still doesn't change the taste, it just mutes the flavor more, gets rid of throat hit and produces very little vapor. I haven't considered cutting my juices with flavorless but that sounds like good immediate, although rather cumbersome, fix.

I may have to try the vivi nova but I'd like to try out the vapeonly bcc first.

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
Another option might be to try DIY mixing, a lot of people think it's a lot of hassle, but it can work out a lot cheaper and much more satisfying than buying pre-mixed.

I got into DIY, because for me, most pre-mixes were too weak. I'm the opposite of you, I love flavour and sweetness in juices :laugh:

With DIY you can use less flavour concentrate, which would help to mute the intensity of your vape. Also, you can add other elements to add a little bitterness to the flavour.

There's loads of threads about this on the DIY liquid section :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread