evolution of 902 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

M0T080

Jul 20, 2010
Madison, WI
i have been reading in this forum for a couple of weeks and i'm trying to get the evolution of the 902 straight, b/c new batteries are out and different attys are out , i'm not quite sure where my hardware fits in.

are the newest batteries a third gen (sealed)?

i know by reading that the manuals got redesigned to fit in the new pcc, but now they are coming sealed?

and now the attys are different and old ones can fit the new batteries but new attys can't fit the old batteries? and the different contacts?

and the website doesn't specify what kinds are available or any specs on the products.

just wondering b/c i have the the low profile manual battery for the pcc that is non-sealed, is that the so-called second generation?

I just want to make sure I buy the right hardware b/c i only purchased my 902 kit 3 weeks ago and it came with non-sealed batts and i have an ss aty in my mailbox right now.:laugh:

i have been happy with MV so far and want to continue to do business with them but the redesigning is happening all the time, i feel like i have obsolete equipment already

any help understanding this is appreciated

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Tony of course may be best to answer you questions, but in the mean time, I can help a little.

-The new atomizers have a flat contact and work fine with older batteries, so when you buy replacement atomizers, there's no need to buy new batteries if you don't want.

-The new sealed manual battery, was suppose to fit the old and new atomizers, but there was a design change that Modern Vapor didn't ask for and because of that, the new sealed manual batteries only work on the new atomizers. The problem is that because of an extra ring at the end of the battery, the contact on the old atomizers don't touch the contact in the new battery. By the time you need a new battery though, you'd probably have gone through several atomizers, so it will probably not be an issue.

-All new and old parts work with the chargers from the kit.

-These things wear down and need replacing way before anything will be obsolete - except the chargers, which continue to work regardless of the improvements made. Even if you think you're atty is working, if you replace it in a month, you'll be blown away by how well a new one works. So I've gotten into the habit of simply budgeting for new ones, as well as batteries no and then. Its still way cheaper than buying analogs of course. :)

Good luck!

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
The only part that is not compatible is the old atomizers that don't have a flat contact. Those atomizers will not work with the new batteries, but we still have ton of stock of the old atomizers that will be at a deep discount real soon.

Any version of the 902 battery will work with the new flat contact atomizers including the 902SS, and the old atomizers. We have not listed the new batteries on the site as of yet, but the new 902 manuals are sealed, and will only work with the new atomizers listed on the site as of now & the 902 ss atomizer.

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
You can see by the extra ridge on the new battery on the right, the atomizers you have now will not make contact because it. The new 902ss atomizer will work with any 902 battery you have, and we also listed the new flat contacts for the regular 902 atty's on the site last night as well.

We will have the old atomizers in the sale selection real soon, as of right now we are only selling the new atomizers on the site.

Last edited:

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
I'm looking to purchase the 902 Select Kit, do all the kits now have the new batteries and atomizers?

Also, do the 902 and Sidesho use the same chargers? (polarity the same)

Thanks,

All the chargers are still compatible with each other, if you tried to use a 510 charger on any of my batteries you will most likely fry them. So the polarity has not changed, only the contact/connection style changed

We are only selling the flat contact atomizers in the kits & spare parts, and these are 100% compatible with any 902 battery. We are selling some kits with the old batteries with new atomizers, so all the kit parts are compatible. The original batteries work with the new & old atomizers, and when I put them on sale for 6.95 it will make the original batteries really useful.

The only part that that became an issue is the original atomizers, and we took them off the site for now. I just need to get some time to put them in the sale section.

If you want the new sealed manual for the kit just put it in the comment section at checkout.

Last edited:
Why all the fuss to mimick the 510? Just get a 510 with the mega battery and be done with it. The 902 stuff is too confusing and compatibality is a dice toss. The batteries are very short lived and they say that it is "user error" for any that fail prematurely. The carts, that are suppose to be mega carts, seep liquid and you lose a lot of juice. The batteries are very short lived, the vapor is light at best and does not have that warm feeeling like any other offering.

The 510 with a cartomizer is more effective than the 902 and you do not have to worry with what fits what. I have both, and have had a much greater experience with the 510 compatible setup. I have stopped using the 902 stuff and have gone exclusively with the 510 compatible setup.

The 510 cartomizers, from EastMall, are awesome and last the better part of a day, since you only have to refill about once per day. The great part is that you do not have to continually top off the cart to get a consistent vap.

I spent, I learned and I experienced, but I hope this helps someone just getting started in the vaping world. Too many folks jump the gun like I did and spend a lot of cash on useless equipment.

There is too much hipe about the supposed "customer service"
experience and I often wonder why this is so important if you initially recieve goods that are proven and dependable. My personal experience is that it really doesn't matter, the fault is always with the user, so get the best buy you can.

Lastly, I would not recommend going with a "rebranded" off the wall brand of product. Just stick with the major offerings, as they have all of the latest enhancements and breath of options.

Time marches on and the technology has surpassed the 902 offerings. Cartomizers, sealed connector batteries, etc., are all available for the 510s and other models.

It took me a while to realize all of this and I wish I had know this 3 months ago. I could have saved some serious money and dissapointment.

DD

ckreef

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Central GA
Why all the hate DD??

If you don't like 902's fine but we do. Take this to a 510 forum and praise them all you want.

For me customer service is a big issue especially when I quit analogs the day I started vaping. Although I am new to vaping I have not had any major problems with the 902 and consistent vape from the beginning to the end of the cart.

It took me about 2 weeks to come up with a routine that worked for me. Now that I have found my "sweet spot" the 902 is even that much better for me. After reading threads where people have been going at it for weeks buying up all different types of equipment and never finding their "sweet spot" I wonder if a lot of problems really is the user and not the equipment.

Also after reading all the CC fraud issues I have no desire to keep switching suppliers especially after finding a good reliable product that gives a good consistent vape.

Don't be a hater just move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread