The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Evolv- Replay Mode Coming Soon to a Mod Near You

Discussion in 'Temperature Control' started by ShowerHead, Feb 13, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ShowerHead

ShowerHead Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    This will be a great feature/option.
    No more TC, sounds like it will do really well with higher mass coils unlike TC.
    No material setting, in fact this is power mode redefined the way I understand it.

There's more but this is where the new mode starts.

Now, if they'd just release the new chips.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Thank you Evolv; the new firmware will work on the existing 75C. :rickroll::rickroll::rickroll:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. tabac

tabac Full Member

Oct 10, 2015
    Vaping 3.0. Amazing, works with almost every wire with non-null tcr. Stunned: so few comments here....

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. PJReid

PJReid The Boozy Wench Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    LakeRidge, VA, USA
    Replay looks like a game changer!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. mackman

mackman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal
    Did I hear correctly in the video that for US users we need to download the international version of the firmware?

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. PJReid

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    LakeRidge, VA, USA
    I think that if you want to go up to 400 watts (WHY???) you have to download the international version of the firmware. It wasn't 100% clear in the video, but that makes sense.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Fozzy71

Fozzy71 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    us (firmware) users wont have access to the +250 watts but we will have the replay feature. The only dna devices I have are the sjmy sdna75 and they don't really ever get any use anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  8. PJReid

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    LakeRidge, VA, USA
    I have a DNA 75c and am thrilled that the new firmware will be backwards compatible. Replay is a game changer.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Dubminer

Dubminer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2016
    Interesting idea but i don't really get it. TC to me is already perfect with DNA devices,once you find your sweet spot then a perfect consistant vape every puff. No need to touch your settings at all. How is this different and will it be as safe using replay compared to TC in regards high temperature and the production of nasties?

• Like Like x 1
  10. PJReid

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    LakeRidge, VA, USA
    I am glad to hear that TC vaping is perfect for you with your DNA device. I have not found that to be the case for me. They cover that in the video - only 10% of vapers use TC consistently. It requires a lot of fidgeting for many of us. I want to love TC but simply don't. I know nothing beyond what is covered in the video, but it sure does sound like they have fine-tuned the firmware to a point that fidgeting will no longer be necessary. What I took away from the video is that I will be able to dial into the perfect vape, save it, and the mod will maintain that perfect puff without me doing anything at all.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dubminer

Dubminer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2016
    I guess i must be lucky. I have three DNA 75'S and two DNA 60's with a third on the way. I set them up and then rotate them with two tanks. I have not touched the settings in several months.Same temp etc and a perfect vape every time. That is why i do not get the replay maybe. I find the fact that only 10% of vapers use TC on their DNA devices weird as well. Why own one if you do not take advantage of the amazing TC? Plenty of cheaper mods for wattage mode.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. 440BB

440BB Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    One reason a wattage vaper would choose a DNA mod is the smooth power delivery. DNA devices provide smooth, DC-like power that most devices don't quite match. Not noticeable by everybody but definitely superior for me.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Dieseler

Dieseler ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    Illinois
    As a wattage only vaper the dna device is smoother or example setting my pico and dna to same power setting taking same tank and vaping it on each device there is a noticeable difference.
    Reliability which the evolv boards are known for is the main reason for me having those devices.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Khanninnarh

Khanninnarh Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 23, 2016
    I use temp control on all 4 of my DNA Mods. Therion. Drone. Triade and an SVA. They all deliver a really great and consistent vape compared to my other mods. Eg Alien 85. Joyetech Evic Dual. These other mods are fine. But noticeably different. But getting there with the DNA mods need tinkering with. With Replay on a DNA. It’s gonna be a game changer for those who do not want to tinker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. soulseek

soulseek Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2013
    London, UK
    I'm in the same place. TC works amazing for me. However, looking at the broader base I think it has 2 flaws:
    • It is highly dependent on a stable 510 connection and the initial reading for the base resistance. Unfortunately lots of mods
    • It doesn't work flawlessly with complex coils such as claptons, contact coils etc.
    Replay promises to fix this and even though I'm a MTL guy I'm excited to try this.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Dropmyload

Dropmyload Super Member Verified Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Wish it would work with the old dna 75 chips...looks like I'll have to get a dna 75c mod

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Khanninnarh

Khanninnarh Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 23, 2016
    Totally agree.

Still it’s the best temp control compared others I own and also that of my friends. They wonder why I keep harping on temp control when theirs don’t work as well.

Can’t wait for Replay on new mods I will purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Fozzy71

Fozzy71 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    I am a former TC vaper (I own 2 x dna 75, never could get a TC vape as good as chinese boards) that recently switched to wattage vaping on my regulated devices, and mech squonks. Dry hit protection in wattage mode = I am now considering a DNA 75C Squonk mod.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. 440BB

440BB Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    Nice to see that Evolv came up with a way to make wattage vaping better for the vast majority of vapers. I thought having a DNA 40 and 75 would be about it for me as I'm MTL and under 10 watts, but now there's a reason to keep watching vaping developments beyond the wattage wars.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  20. ShowerHead

ShowerHead Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    The other, interesting to me, thing in the video was that Evolv is going to make some mods themselves again.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.