Evolv- Replay Mode Coming Soon to a Mod Near You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
The other, interesting to me, thing in the video was that Evolv is going to make some mods themselves again.
yeah they mentioned this during the interview with Phil Busardo. Their devices are likely to be a lot more like a pod system (i.e. little or no buttons, screens, etc) than a lost vape mod from what I gathered.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Although in the video the mods looked like the Evolv reference mods

They are, but said that they would be making some limited availability mods for the first time in quite a while.

yeah, the mods in the video were for showing off the new firmware that works with old mods. the new evolv devices they hinted at were not in the video. based on what I gathered from their interview with phil b a few months ago their devices will be as simple as possible (minimal buttons, screens, etc) and I would assume it uses some version of the new firm/soft ware so any new vaper usin their device can avoid dry hits.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I didnt wait... Ordered a DNA75C mod few days ago.
I'd rather order a Replay able mod now then waiting till the firmware comes, it works, and all the DNA color chipped mods are sold out for a couple of weeks...
:blush::):thumbs:
good idea, if I hadn't just got 2 x rsq's in the mail yesterday I would be ordering a Therion BF. I will probably order one in about 2 weeks when my credit card statement cycles.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
I didnt wait... Ordered a DNA75C mod few days ago.
I'd rather order a Replay able mod now then waiting till the firmware comes, it works, and all the DNA color chipped mods are sold out for a couple of weeks...
:blush::):thumbs:

What did you decide on?
I’m thinking a dual battery 75C, but some have no battery polarity protection. Though I have only rarely put batteries in wrong, you only get one time with no protection.

What did you decide on?
I’m thinking a dual battery 75C, but some have no battery polarity protection. Though I have only rarely put batteries in wrong, you only get one time with no protection.

I was in doubt of 2 mods
the Hcigar VT75D and the VapeCige Creator DNA75C
I bought the Hcigar VT75D, because like you, I want a dual battery mod (battery life)
The VapeCige mod didn't make the cut because of the 2 battery doors and I think the Hcigar looks better.
But for me it is not so very important to choose a mod because if I don't like it, I'll just design 1 myself and 3D print it... The mods Chip is in this case the most important for me (DNA75C)

• Winner
Reactions: ShowerHead

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
I was in doubt of 2 mods
the Hcigar VT75D and the VapeCige Creator DNA75C
I bought the Hcigar VT75D, because like you, I want a dual battery mod (battery life)
The VapeCige mod didn't make the cut because of the 2 battery doors and I think the Hcigar looks better.

Well, we will have the range covered then. I got the Creator as soon as the CNY break is finished.
I went with it because of the 30mm 510 deck.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Still it’s the best temp control compared others I own and also that of my friends. They wonder why I keep harping on temp control when theirs don’t work as well.

This.
I’m a TC vaper all the way. I forget sometimes that it took me around a week to 10 days and a change in my coils to get TC to perform the way I wanted.
I’ll agree that the dialing in needs to be easier. Case thermals, internal resistance should be factory set but often aren’t.

I’m willing to bet those will still be a factor with Replay mode. And that people will still give up and use wattage.

Reactions: stols001

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I ordered two VT75D's yesterday from (the slow boat) one each color eager to see if I will like replay over TC.
I vape strictly TC too and I can not imagine vaping with out it. I am curious to see if replay will be a "game changer" over TC but I just can't see replay throttling down to avoid the dry hit and vape the cotton dry like I do now??
One thing know one has mentioned in this thread yet is I am wondering what the new DNA 250C's price tag going to look like?? I hope they are not over inflated,we shall see.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I am curious to see if replay will be a "game changer" over TC but I just can't see replay throttling down to avoid the dry hit and vape the cotton dry like I do now??

Did you watch Daniel vape his RDA dry in that video? I was impressed. I usually don't take more than a few pulls on any of my squonks without squonking again, even my RSQ's in TC SS mode.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
I ordered two VT75D's yesterday from (the slow boat) one each color eager to see if I will like replay over TC.
I vape strictly TC too and I can not imagine vaping with out it. I am curious to see if replay will be a "game changer" over TC but I just can't see replay throttling down to avoid the dry hit and vape the cotton dry like I do now??
One thing know one has mentioned in this thread yet is I am wondering what the new DNA 250C's price tag going to look like?? I hope they are not over inflated,we shall see.
They vape the cotton near dry in the video.The way i read it if you are already happy with TC then replay will give you nothing. It is aimed at those who either can't be bothered or do not enjoy TC and use wattage mode. I vape in TC only so it has no benefits for me.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
The way i read it if you are already happy with TC then replay will give you nothing
That's not at all what I understood. You record a perfect hit and replicate it, TC doesn't do that or work like that. TC also has a somewhat diluted taste when you vape the cotton dry, which apparently replay could achieve without much flavor loss (if you believe Daniel). Daniel and Dean (vaping biker) both seemed pretty surprised so I think there's something new to explore. Btw I also vape TC exclusively for almost a year now.

Sure glad I don't have to drop any money to test it ^^

Last edited:

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Did you watch Daniel vape his RDA dry in that video? I was impressed. I usually don't take more than a few pulls on any of my squonks without squonking again, even my RSQ's in TC SS mode.
Yea I did watch it but just like when TC first came out,we were still sceptical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread