The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Evolv- Replay Mode Coming Soon to a Mod Near You

Discussion in 'Temperature Control' started by ShowerHead, Feb 13, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Fozzy71

Fozzy71 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    yeah they mentioned this during the interview with Phil Busardo. Their devices are likely to be a lot more like a pod system (i.e. little or no buttons, screens, etc) than a lost vape mod from what I gathered.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. mackman

mackman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal
    Although in the video the mods looked like the Evolv reference mods

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. ShowerHead

ShowerHead Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    They are, but said that they would be making some limited availability mods for the first time in quite a while.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Fozzy71

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    yeah, the mods in the video were for showing off the new firmware that works with old mods. the new evolv devices they hinted at were not in the video. based on what I gathered from their interview with phil b a few months ago their devices will be as simple as possible (minimal buttons, screens, etc) and I would assume it uses some version of the new firm/soft ware so any new vaper usin their device can avoid dry hits.

• Like Like x 2
  5. PJReid

PJReid The Boozy Wench Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    LakeRidge, VA, USA
    One big plus from the new technology is that more manufacturers of drop-in coils will begin to offer SS options. That is a big deal. I don't use those anymore, the only one I know for sure that offers TC compatible drop-ins is Innokin.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Wu-Tangcl

Wu-Tangcl Full Member

Feb 14, 2018
    the Netherlands
    I didnt wait... Ordered a DNA75C mod few days ago.
    I'd rather order a Replay able mod now then waiting till the firmware comes, it works, and all the DNA color chipped mods are sold out for a couple of weeks...
    :blush::):thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Fozzy71

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    good idea, if I hadn't just got 2 x rsq's in the mail yesterday I would be ordering a Therion BF. I will probably order one in about 2 weeks when my credit card statement cycles.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. ShowerHead

Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    What did you decide on?
    I’m thinking a dual battery 75C, but some have no battery polarity protection. Though I have only rarely put batteries in wrong, you only get one time with no protection.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wu-Tangcl

Wu-Tangcl Full Member

Feb 14, 2018
    the Netherlands
    I was in doubt of 2 mods
    the Hcigar VT75D and the VapeCige Creator DNA75C
    I bought the Hcigar VT75D, because like you, I want a dual battery mod (battery life)
    The VapeCige mod didn't make the cut because of the 2 battery doors and I think the Hcigar looks better.
    But for me it is not so very important to choose a mod because if I don't like it, I'll just design 1 myself and 3D print it... The mods Chip is in this case the most important for me (DNA75C)

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. untar

untar Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    Vaping Biker live streaming his first impressions on YT right now
    "It's TC on acid!"

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. ShowerHead

Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    Well, we will have the range covered then. I got the Creator as soon as the CNY break is finished.
    I went with it because of the 30mm 510 deck.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Wu-Tangcl

Wu-Tangcl Full Member

Feb 14, 2018
    the Netherlands
    And if anyone doesnt want to search, its starting at aprox. 27:50 minutes till approx. 47:00 minutes

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. crammit442

crammit442 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2011
    Alabama
    Any idea of an exact date when this will be able to be added to DNA 75c devices?
    Charles

• Like Like x 1
  14. mackman

mackman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal
    I believe sometime after Chinese New year when the DNA250C drops

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. ShowerHead

Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    This.
    I’m a TC vaper all the way. I forget sometimes that it took me around a week to 10 days and a change in my coils to get TC to perform the way I wanted.
    I’ll agree that the dialing in needs to be easier. Case thermals, internal resistance should be factory set but often aren’t.

I’m willing to bet those will still be a factor with Replay mode. And that people will still give up and use wattage.

• Like Like x 1
  16. t8kiteasy

t8kiteasy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    I ordered two VT75D's yesterday from (the slow boat) one each color eager to see if I will like replay over TC.
    I vape strictly TC too and I can not imagine vaping with out it. I am curious to see if replay will be a "game changer" over TC but I just can't see replay throttling down to avoid the dry hit and vape the cotton dry like I do now??
    One thing know one has mentioned in this thread yet is I am wondering what the new DNA 250C's price tag going to look like?? I hope they are not over inflated,we shall see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Fozzy71

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    Did you watch Daniel vape his RDA dry in that video? I was impressed. I usually don't take more than a few pulls on any of my squonks without squonking again, even my RSQ's in TC SS mode.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Dubminer

Dubminer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2016
    They vape the cotton near dry in the video.The way i read it if you are already happy with TC then replay will give you nothing. It is aimed at those who either can't be bothered or do not enjoy TC and use wattage mode. I vape in TC only so it has no benefits for me.

• Like Like x 2
  19. untar

untar Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    That's not at all what I understood. You record a perfect hit and replicate it, TC doesn't do that or work like that. TC also has a somewhat diluted taste when you vape the cotton dry, which apparently replay could achieve without much flavor loss (if you believe Daniel). Daniel and Dean (vaping biker) both seemed pretty surprised so I think there's something new to explore. Btw I also vape TC exclusively for almost a year now.

Sure glad I don't have to drop any money to test it ^^

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. t8kiteasy

t8kiteasy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    Yea I did watch it but just like when TC first came out,we were still sceptical.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.