Exactly which type of batteries for 3.7v and 6v?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to buy a Silver Bullet whenever they allow another round of preorders, but I want to order the batteries first so I'll have them fully charged when my SB arrives..

I want to get a couple 18650 2400mAh batteries from Deal Extreme but I need to know if I should get protected batteries or not...

These are the ones I'm looking at ordering..

DealExtreme: $4.89 Ultrafire 3.7V 18650 2400Mah Battery

Will they fit and work ok?

Also, the website doesn't not specify exactly what type of RCR123a batteries to get..

I read a post somewhere that said the older silver bullets will not fit CR123a protected batteries, but then I read that the most recent version of the Silver Bullet is slightly longer and will fit them perfectly.

Will I be able to fit these batteries OK?

DealExtreme: $3.28 LIR 3.6V CR123A Batteries (2-Pack)

LIR 3.6V CR123A Batteries (2-Pack) http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.6954

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
I am looking to buy a Silver Bullet whenever they allow another round of preorders, but I want to order the batteries first so I'll have them fully charged when my SB arrives..

I want to get a couple 18650 2400mAh batteries from Deal Extreme but I need to know if I should get protected batteries or not...

Also, the website doesn't not specify exactly what type of RCR123a batteries to get..

I read a post somewhere that said the older silver bullets will not fit CR123a protected batteries, but then I read that the most recent version of the Silver Bullet is slightly longer and will fit them perfectly.

LIR 3.6V CR123A Batteries (2-Pack)
Both of the batteries you linked will not work. The CR123 are 3.6v, you need 3v. The 18650 are not button top. Be carefull of the DX batteries they tend to be oversized and may not fit in your SB. BatteryJunction is a safe bet on both batteries

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA

LIR 3.6V CR123A Batteries (2-Pack)

Here's the ones I got:

3.7V Ultrafire 18650 2400mah BUTTON TOP Protected Rechargeable Lithium Battery Li-Ion UF18650
with this charger Ultrafire wf-139 Lithium Ion battery charger 14500, 17500, 17670, 18500, 18650, 18670
which will also charge any other 3.7V Li-ion battery

3.0V either these: 2 RCR123A 3.0V 750mAh Rechargeable LiFePO4 Li-Ion Batteries with AC/DC Smart Charger
or these 4 Pack RCR123A 3V 900mAh Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery with Smart Charger

They may be more expensive then deal extreme but they ship QUICK!! and everything's guaranteed. If you get a DOA they'll cover it. Also, deal extreme ships EMS from Hong Kong, so with shipping, you'll probably pay less with batteryjunction.com

Last edited:
What are the differences between these two?

3.0V either these: 2 RCR123A 3.0V 750mAh Rechargeable LiFePO4 Li-Ion Batteries with AC/DC Smart Charger
or these 4 Pack RCR123A 3V 900mAh Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery with Smart Charger

I see that one has a 750mAh and the other has a 900mAh.. that has to do with how long the charge lasts, right? So the 900mAh RCR123As will have a longer lasting charge? It's about 10$ cheaper for me to buy the 750mAh batteries and just get two extras, so how much of a difference is it? If it's not noticeable, I'll go with the cheaper batteries..

Also, they come with different charges... will the charger that comes with the 750mAh batteries charge the 900mAh batteries?

Thanks guys!

clavit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2008
EU

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com

Toby

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2008
York UK
www.ivapour.co.uk
Also, they come with different charges... will the charger that comes with the 750mAh batteries charge the 900mAh batteries?

If you are referring to -
2 RCR123A 3.0V 750mAh Rechargeable LiFePO4 Li-Ion Batteries with AC/DC Smart Charger

It says on the listing - Warning:
  • You must use the 3.0V RCR123A battery charger included to charge these batteries, please do not use other chargers, include any other 3.0V or 3.6V Li-Ion bttery charger, which can not correctly charge these LiFePO4 750mah 3.0V Li-Ion batteries. Do not charge these batteries in any other charger.
  • Do not use this charger for any other than the 3.0V LiFePO4 750mah RCR123A Batteries we sell.
So at very least, you will invalidate the warranty, if you use other batteries (including the Tenergy RCR123A 3.0V 900mAh Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery) with this charger (and vice versa).

Toby

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2008
York UK
www.ivapour.co.uk
In theory yes, but I wouldn't like to say for certain (might be oversized), as I haven't tried them myself.

Also, I didn't find any RCR123a 3v batteries from DX, where else could i buy them with international shipping? Batteryjunction is not an option, shipping is too high.
I have a few left in stock, but more should be arriving next week...
Tenergy RCR123A 3.0v 900mAh Protected Battery (2-pack) - Batteries/Adaptors - Acccessories

In theory yes, but I wouldn't like to say for certain (might be oversized), as I haven't tried them myself.

I have a few left in stock, but more should be arriving next week...
Tenergy RCR123A 3.0v 900mAh Protected Battery (2-pack) - Batteries/Adaptors - Acccessories

Ok, i requested DX to change my order, swapped to the ones clavit recommended. I'll propably order the RCRs from you Toby, have done business with you before btw :) I'll wait for my SB to arrive and try the 3.7v first tho.

cddz

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio

Wakadoo

Sep 8, 2009
El Paso, TX

cddz

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio

Wakadoo

Sep 8, 2009
El Paso, TX
Yes lol I have that exact set form battery junction, they work well in the SB.

Hahahaha sorry bud, I misread. I'm just getting all anxious for all my stuff to come in! SB's on the way, my batts are on the way, some nice new stainless atomizers, and just ordered a ton of nhaler samplers. my wife is gonna sooooo kick my .... :p

youngunner

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
Tampa FL
The best deal for 18650s are from dinodirect.com. I bought these: UltraFire Protected 18650 Lithium Battery 3000mAh 3.7V 2 Pcs UltraFire Lithium Battery, UltraFire BRC 18650 Lithium Battery, BRC 18650 Lithium Battery - DinoDirect.com - (2) 3.7v UltraFire 3000mAh protected for 10.89 shipped to my door. Also if you sign-up or create an account they give a $1.00 off coupon and plus for those of you that know what BING CashBack is- you can get another 10% ( I think- something between 5-10% from what I remember) cash back. After all of this I paid around 8-9 bucks for these bad boys shipped to my door. For a charger I bought a DSD 18650/CR123a charger off eBay for around 9 bucks shipped to my door.

Anyone else have any experiences with DinoDirect? They seem to be just like DX type of site. I gave them a shot and it took about 16 days to get my batteries which I figure would have took about the same or more from DX. But I was in no rush for them because I had my CR123a bats already and vaping at 6v. I'd buy from DinoDirect again. Hell its DX with Bing cash back. One thing about those 18650 3000mAh bats- those things LAST FOREVER. You could probaly vape 3 days constantly before they would need a re-cahrge.

Edit: For my RCR123a I bought the Tenergy LiFePO4 3v 750mAh battery kit which came with 6 bats and a charger. I got them from all-battery and if you use the tenergy coupon code you get free shipping- it cost me 27 bucks. I also bought some bats from RadioShack. The have digital camera batteries on clearance. I got 2 RCR123a 3v 400mAh bats and charger for $9. I was worried about the 400mAh rating but they work great. I actually went and bought another kit today. I now have 3 RadioShack 3v 400mAh bats and chargers kits. I couldn't pass them up. I have a Ar15 with a tactical flashlight/laser and they use the CR123a bats so I figured if they weren't very good on the SB I would use them for that. Well- they worked really good with the SB and with my light/laser. I WIN! I think every RadioShack has em' on clearance if anyone else is interested.

Last edited:

cddz

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
OH NO! I got the "RCR123A 3.0V 750mAh LiFePO4 Rechargeable Batteries with a Smart Charger" today from Amazon and it won't fit :mad: Do I need to cut the spring on the SB to make it fit or do I have the wrong batty? Thanks!
Button up:) Some batteries are over spec and may be too long. The SB is made to accept a maximum 69mm battery length. Are you able to get it together at all? Cutting the spring would make it off center, and not to mention the 18650's or proper CR123 will not fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread