Excellent results cleaning head and whole tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommykcleveland

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2013
Cleveland Ohio
Hey Vape Heads. I have found what seems like the best way to clean a head and the whole tank without any after taste when done, just a good clean vape. I primarily us Kanger T3, but it should work with others. I am very sensitive to any taste other than good juice vape, so this process produces a very clean tank and atomizer.

Entire process takes about an hour. There are many other posts with various ways to clean, I found this to be efficient but you will need a hairdryer or it will take much longer.

I do this either in bathroom with sink or in kitchen because there is some mess with water. (hairdryer on other side of the room ;) )
- you will need 3 bowls, a hair dryer if possible, some coffee pot cleaner and boiling water
- I boil some filtered water, if cleaning a couple I just put cup in micro, but bigger cleaning project I just boil a pot on stove. Doesn't matter just get boiling water.
-get three containers, bowls or whatever and put them by sink.
Two of them with boiling water and the other with warm water.
-put a small amount of coffee pot cleaner in each of the boiling water bowls, use your judgment, look at what it recommends for a coffee pot cleaning and scale it down approx., a little more will be ok. I use MR Coffee powder, but there are a variety of different cleaners. (this is key, the coffee pot cleaner cleans it very well with no odor or after taste. When rinsed it just rinses out and leaves a nice clean tank and atomizer. I hate any little taste other than good vapor juice. Anything at all, I am just .... like that. Soap is the worst, never use that. I want my stuff perfectly clean with nothing lingering after. The two different cleaner bowls are just an extra step to keep heads as clean as possible. It probably would not matter but having the heads seperated from the parts is just my OCD way of doing it.

*This is obvious but DO NOT put any batteries or any part of the battery components in the water. Just want to make sure no one who is unfamiliar with all of the components doesn’t just put everything in there. Of course common knowledge is to keep the hairdryer away from the sink or around the water. (Not everyone has common sense)

-I strip the tank down over sink and rinse everything as clean as I can with warm tap water.
-put tank and hardware, except atomizer and connector to battery, in one of the boiling water bowls with the cleaner in it. Let it sit.
-rinse head as clean as you can, if flavor wick is there drop it in the empty boiling water bowl and when you take everything out at the end towel dry it. The reason to be so careful is that if your atomizer head has this flavor wick and you don’t have extra, you need to have that little wick. Better yet buy some extra wick to have on hand in case. It’s only a couple of bucks from most of the vendors. Be very careful with that because it needs to be put back before reassembly. (in the head of my Kanger t3 it has the flavor wick, not sure if others do) then dry the head well with hairdryer. Hold it with some pliers or whatever so you don’t roast your hand.
-When it is thoroughly dry, hook it up to battery and do a dry burn 3 short bursts until the coil gets orange. Give it a minute to cool and drop in the warm water bowl. Leave it 5 minutes or so just to pre wash some of the char from the dry burn.
-Put the atomizer head in the other bowl with the boiling water and cleaner and leave everything to soak and clean, about half hour or longer, not important how long it soaks as long as it at least half hour. More is better but my idea was to expedite the process instead of soaking overnight and drying all day.
- take all of the hardware out after that time and just rinse in warm water. You can just towel dry it or use the hair dryer.
- empty the warm water bowl that you presoaked in and refill it with some fresh warm water. Drop the heads in for a minute or so and then dry them with hairdryer.
-Reassemble, put flavor wick in if applicable, add fresh juice and your good for a few weeks.
I might have forgotten something, Im typing it and not doing the procedure but I think I have got it.
Happy Vaping :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread