Exclusively for Drippers cart users don't bother

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
somewhere out there......
This guy is awesome and Ive been doing this since I have seen this video and what a difference in the decrease in burnt nasty taste and increase in flavor.

If you are a high volt vapor only take out the wicking not the bridge. If your a 3.7v vapor either option (video) will be fine. Dont worry he explains in full detail as to what to do.... Oh this is only drippers. Dont do this is if you still use carts.

heres taking the wicking out of a 510 or any attie

YouTube - How to remove your Wick

Here is a video on taking out the bridge....

YouTube - Removing The Bridge

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
I can tell you this taking the bridge out really helps aid with dripping and helps to easily blow out atties and the change over to other flavors more quickly. Oh and taking off the bridge and wick will really help get rid of that nasty burnt taste and no more clogged up gunky atties either.

any yea i use a needle pliers as well. and I agree taking the bridge off makes the vapor a little warmer if using a 510.

Last edited:

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
hey thyestean no problem man i got lucky and saw them the day he posted this on ECF. But its hard to find this video on ECF for some reason... so I went on Youtube and finally found it... This had made a real difference with my 510 atties... :)

Ok yup this definitely makes a difference. Just removed the bridge from my oldest most used 510. I hadn't been using it much lately because it hadn't been performing well even with "cleaning". But removing the bridge and using highpings cleaning method it now has thicker warmer vapor than it had when it was brand new :thumb:

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
Okay so after how well the old atty worked with this I had to do it to a newer one and I am definitely liking the results.

I was wondering if anyone has attempted this with any of the attys with the washer in them. The couple that I have I barely use because of the lighter hit they give. Thinking it might be worth trying.

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
I've done it with the 901 and 801 and had the same results as the 510 attie... the guy who made those videos really did a good job. Its made my vaping experience a better one.

I dont know about those atties with the washer in them... I have yet to have those kind of atties.

Oh and throw a Super t-tip on top of those modified 510 atties and you will be in vaping heaven.

Last edited:

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
Okay so after how well the old atty worked with this I had to do it to a newer one and I am definitely liking the results.

I was wondering if anyone has attempted this with any of the attys with the washer in them. The couple that I have I barely use because of the lighter hit they give. Thinking it might be worth trying.

I'll let you know I going to do one right now.

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
I've done it with the 901 and 801 and had the same results as the 510 attie... the guy who made those videos really did a good job. Its made my vaping experience a better one.

I dont know about those atties with the washer in them... I have yet to have those kind of atties.

Oh and throw a Super t-tip on top of those modified 510 atties and you will be in vaping heaven.

Oh yeah definitely. The only thing I use without a Ttip now is the 306 attys I got the other day and that is only because the Ttip won't work on them. If it did though I would definitely use it on those too instead of tearing apart and dripping through the plastic tip. ;-)

Easy does it but it worked fine on the 510 atty with the washer as well. In fact it really all came out, there isn't any of the bridge left at all. Wow is it a lot cleaner now. Still not as warm as the original but better.

Nice. I'll have to give it a try then. Thanks for the info.

Sevenchan

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2009
Tokyo
Thanks Grimmer!

I have been doing this all along. I didn't know the wicking was supposed to be there, I thought it was some nasty gunk that always got left in at the factory :lol:

That said, even when I take out the bridge, too, my sucky 510 attys from Innovapor (with the wide metal band) STILL suck.

I can't wait for my Precise to get here!

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
Thanks Grimmer!

I have been doing this all along. I didn't know the wicking was supposed to be there, I thought it was some nasty gunk that always got left in at the factory :lol:

That said, even when I take out the bridge, too, my sucky 510 attys from Innovapor (with the wide metal band) STILL suck.

I can't wait for my Precise to get here!

yea I hated those 510 wide band mesh atties. I always had problems with those. For some reason I can only get about a week of good vapor with those and then total vapor loss.

Oh and Joye 510 atties suck as well (major leaking issues). I found some really good regular 510 atties at electronicsticks in ECF that really work well. They leak but very little and if you take out the mesh before using them it makes a difference as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread