The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Exclusively for Drippers cart users don't bother

Discussion in 'Super T Manufacturing' started by grimmer255, Apr 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. grimmer255

grimmer255 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

This guy is awesome and Ive been doing this since I have seen this video and what a difference in the decrease in burnt nasty taste and increase in flavor.

If you are a high volt vapor only take out the wicking not the bridge. If your a 3.7v vapor either option (video) will be fine. Dont worry he explains in full detail as to what to do.... Oh this is only drippers. Dont do this is if you still use carts.

heres taking the wicking out of a 510 or any attie

YouTube - How to remove your Wick

Here is a video on taking out the bridge....

YouTube - Removing The Bridge

2. thewomenfolk

thewomenfolk Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 6, 2009
    Colorado John 3:16
    He didn't mention 'why' he took the bridge out. Is the purpose to get better vapor, or a stronger hit, or what? :)

3. rfw2003

rfw2003 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2009
    Yantis, Texas
    vapor seems abit warmer without the bridge, and he does say that in the video.

I have been doing this for quite some time now. Myself I just use a pair of fine tipped needle nose pliers instead, and I also cut the mesh with an exacto blade before I pull the bridge. Makes it much easier.

R.F.

4. grimmer255

I can tell you this taking the bridge out really helps aid with dripping and helps to easily blow out atties and the change over to other flavors more quickly. Oh and taking off the bridge and wick will really help get rid of that nasty burnt taste and no more clogged up gunky atties either.

any yea i use a needle pliers as well. and I agree taking the bridge off makes the vapor a little warmer if using a 510.

5. Thyestean

Thyestean Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 29, 2009
    Upstate NY
    hmm... guess I should watch these in the morning since I only drip. Thanks for posting them grimmer.

6. grimmer255

hey thyestean no problem man i got lucky and saw them the day he posted this on ECF. But its hard to find this video on ECF for some reason... so I went on Youtube and finally found it... This had made a real difference with my 510 atties... :)

7. Bageone

Bageone Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    TY Grimmer
    I did this and it is very close to the same vape as the LR atty on my Tornado.. TY I was so sick of gunking up and losing 510 attys I was ready to scream!

8. redrhino

redrhino Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 7, 2009
    NY,CA,FL
  9. Thyestean

Oct 29, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Ok yup this definitely makes a difference. Just removed the bridge from my oldest most used 510. I hadn't been using it much lately because it hadn't been performing well even with "cleaning". But removing the bridge and using highpings cleaning method it now has thicker warmer vapor than it had when it was brand new :thumb:

10. Cherice

Cherice Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 27, 2009
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Is this also recommended for 901 attys? Wanted to ask before I try it. Thanks!

11. Thyestean

Oct 29, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Okay so after how well the old atty worked with this I had to do it to a newer one and I am definitely liking the results.

I was wondering if anyone has attempted this with any of the attys with the washer in them. The couple that I have I barely use because of the lighter hit they give. Thinking it might be worth trying.

12. grimmer255

I've done it with the 901 and 801 and had the same results as the 510 attie... the guy who made those videos really did a good job. Its made my vaping experience a better one.

I dont know about those atties with the washer in them... I have yet to have those kind of atties.

Oh and throw a Super t-tip on top of those modified 510 atties and you will be in vaping heaven.

13. BradSmith

BradSmith Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2010
    Northern Michigan USA
    thanks for the tip. I already take out the wick now I just took out a bridge and without a doubt it tastes better and is warmer.

Cool Beans!!!

14. BradSmith

Jan 8, 2010
    Northern Michigan USA
    I'll let you know I going to do one right now.

15. grimmer255

Oh i should be getting some LR 510 atties in tomorrow and I will try these methods and I hope it works. I'm betting there the same wicking as the regular 510s so I shouldn't have any problems.

16. BradSmith

Jan 8, 2010
    Northern Michigan USA
    Easy does it but it worked fine on the 510 atty with the washer as well. In fact it really all came out, there isn't any of the bridge left at all. Wow is it a lot cleaner now. Still not as warm as the original but better.

17. Thyestean

Oct 29, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Oh yeah definitely. The only thing I use without a Ttip now is the 306 attys I got the other day and that is only because the Ttip won't work on them. If it did though I would definitely use it on those too instead of tearing apart and dripping through the plastic tip. ;-)

Nice. I'll have to give it a try then. Thanks for the info.

18. raqball

raqball Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2010
    I have been removing the bridge for a while now on my 901s with the washer and it works great..... It's the 1st ting I do when I start up a new atty, bye bye bridge...

Kris

19. Sevenchan

Sevenchan Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 23, 2009
    Tokyo
    Thanks Grimmer!

I have been doing this all along. I didn't know the wicking was supposed to be there, I thought it was some nasty gunk that always got left in at the factory :lol:

That said, even when I take out the bridge, too, my sucky 510 attys from Innovapor (with the wide metal band) STILL suck.

I can't wait for my Precise to get here!

20. grimmer255

yea I hated those 510 wide band mesh atties. I always had problems with those. For some reason I can only get about a week of good vapor with those and then total vapor loss.

Oh and Joye 510 atties suck as well (major leaking issues). I found some really good regular 510 atties at electronicsticks in ECF that really work well. They leak but very little and if you take out the mesh before using them it makes a difference as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.