Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If I owned a B&M, I would have a posted a massive chart explaining battery saftey and amp draw verse coil resistance or a hand out sheet with every purchase. If I sold hybrid mechs I would have a sheet explaining 510 connectivity. It would be pretty simple to produce. I cannot believe nobody can find one lawsuit yet. Even if it is user error a negligence case should be easy enough to bring with sever damages to the user. People bring all kinds of product liability cases where the damage was caused by user error and still win or a settlement is entered into. Has anybody seen or heard of one ecig legal case?

You mean something like this?

http :mad: //www. latimes. com/local/lanow/la-me-e-cigarette-lawsuits-20151119-story.html

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I think the "intended use" they are proposing is going to stun a LOT of people

Unfortunately I agree. Government works in the interest of Government.
Just reading the Previous planned regulations is a great indicator of a Greed based agenda.
Not just vaping(e-cigs) but anything they can toss under the Umbrella of FDA control as Intended use.<tobacco Related>
However the more they Add, the more complex to keep it within true Legal Parameters. I also see much opportunity for Class action against Regulation.

I check every few days for Fresh information on FDA's submitted Regulations, but so far nothing has been exposed.
Last Accurate reporting was - Submitted to White House for Review. :blink:

Reactions: Wow1420

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
If I sold hybrid mechs I would have a sheet explaining 510 connectivity.

One more time - Hybrids do NOT have 510 connectors :D

ELM-Hybrid-RDA-Clone.jpg

Quasi-Hybrids have Metric M7x 0.5mm right hand thread Tap; Diameter :7mm; Pitch size: 0.5mm ...
Not a 510 connector ;)

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
They aren't Regulating Flashlights. There going to Regulate "e-Cigarettes". And if your e-Cigarettes happens to be able to Create Light, those who have Read what the FDA has said Don't Feel it is going to be a Viable way to get around Regulation.

Who said that a Thread is going to be Regulated? It's the thing that the Thread is On that will be Considered for Regulation. You would think that an "Advanced User" like yourself would Understand that?

Just Curious: How Many Products have a 510 Thread, are Batter Powered, and provide Electrical Output thru the 510 "Connector" that are Not an e-Cigarette?

No,
My flashlight can make vapor if I attach a coil to it.
It has 20x1m threads too, gonna regulate that too? 18650 IMR batteries in metal tubes?
Just silly.

All funny debate aside, the regs will be challenged and changed in court.
I've read them, and they are vague and overstepping, leaving a ton of room for litigation on purpose. And it will be litigated.
Considering the high end e cig market is a multi Billion dollar industry already I toss my hat in with the companies that won't just go away overnight.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I was going to ask this in another thread but it got closed, it's slightly OT here, but not completely. Do people check the resistance of their pre-made coil heads? The last time I used a pre-made coil was for my protank, a couple years ago, but I know that I always checked them before installation after a bad one shorted out one of my ego batteries. Do people usually just rely on their regulated mod to tell them that there is a problem? If they're using a sub tank on a mech, do they even check to see that the 0.3ohm coil is actually 0.3ohm?

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
No,
My flashlight can make vapor if I attach a coil to it.
It has 20x1m threads too, gonna regulate that too? 18650 IMR batteries in metal tubes?
Just silly.

I've read them, and they are vague and overstepping, leaving a ton of room for litigation on purpose. And it will be litigated.
Considering the high end e cig market is a multi Billion dollar industry already I toss my hat in with the companies that won't just go away overnight.

Hmm..your post has me thinking you may be on to something there. If they know it's worded to leave room for litigation and that is why it's worded so then what else do they have up their sleeves as far as this expected litigation goes? One thing they do have on their side is that the vape industry can't afford litigation, I'm sure they know this.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I was going to ask this in another thread but it got closed, it's slightly OT here, but not completely. Do people check the resistance of their pre-made coil heads? The last time I used a pre-made coil was for my protank, a couple years ago, but I know that I always checked them before installation after a bad one shorted out one of my ego batteries. Do people usually just rely on their regulated mod to tell them that there is a problem? If they're using a sub tank on a mech, do they even check to see that the 0.3ohm coil is actually 0.3ohm?

I can only speak for myself. I know the value of every coil, made or pre-made, before use and OFTEN while in use. Things can change.:unsure:

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Hmm..your post has me thinking you may be on to something there. If they know it's worded to leave room for litigation and that is why it's worded so then what else do they have up their sleeves as far as this expected litigation goes? One thing they do have on their side is that the vape industry can't afford litigation, I'm sure they know this.

Money.
They know it will be challenged by companies with money. They will back down for a price.
Look at every industry the FDA regulates and it's history.
The FDA is ran by ex executives from the very industries it regulates.
It's a cash machine. Pay to play.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Great. I'm all for Challenging things via the Court System. And who knows, we might even get Lucky.

But just know that Legal Challenges can take a Loooooooooong Time to be Settled. So don't look for any Quick Fixes if things Go South as the FDA presents it's Rule Sets.

Reactions: Rossum

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Great. I'm all for Challenging things via the Court System. And who knows, we might even get Lucky.

But just know that Legal Challenges can take a Loooooooooong Time to be Settled. So don't look for any Quick Fixes if things Go South as the FDA presents it's Rule Sets.

I'm not worried at all.
I can make a mechancial mod in my garage. Atty too.
There's a reason we call them Mods
:)

Don't worry Zoid, if the sky falls, I'll make you one too.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'm not worried at all.
I can make a mechancial mod in my garage. Atty too.
There's a reason we call them Mods
:)

Don't worry Zoid, if the sky falls, I'll make you one too.

Oh don't worry. I have Everything that I need.

I'm thinking More though for the person who smokes Now but might want to Switch down the road than Just for Myself.

BTW - When you make an Atty in your Garage, or even a Mech Mod, I would Love to see a Picture of it.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
You mean something like this?

http :mad: //www. latimes. com/local/lanow/la-me-e-cigarette-lawsuits-20151119-story.html
Wasn't there another case, I believe it was before my time, where a US mod manufacturer was sued because the user installed batteries he got from Radio Shack? My fuzzy recollection is that the user stacked a couple of CR123As in the mod, with predictable results, and that the mod manufacturer folded. I can't for the life of me recall the names involved though.

Reactions: skoony

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Money.
They know it will be challenged by companies with money. They will back down for a price.
Look at every industry the FDA regulates and it's history.
The FDA is ran by ex executives from the very industries it regulates.
It's a cash machine. Pay to play.

I was thinking more along the lines of the FDA using potential litigation as a way to make most of the vape industry shut up. They know most companies can't go that expensive route and since most can't they'll be powerless. I see what your saying though too. Actually both scenarios, mine and yours, pretty much take care of the whole kit and caboodle as far as the FDA getting what the FDA wants. Wipe out the little guys and at the same time milk those who can afford to be milked.

Reactions: Bad Ninja

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Wasn't there another case, I believe it was before my time, where a US mod manufacturer was sued because the user installed batteries he got from Radio Shack? My fuzzy recollection is that the user stacked a couple of CR123As in the mod, with predictable results, and that the mod manufacturer folded. I can't for the life of me recall the names involved though.

Yeah... I kinda remember that one. But I Can't think of the Name either.

It can Take a Boat Load of money to fend of a Product Liability lawsuit. And sometimes dissolving the Company is a way to Stem the Bleeding.

BTW - I contacted an Owner of a B&M I know. And he said that he Doesn't sell Mech Mods because his Insurance felt there wasn't an Adequate Liability Chain back to the OEM. And to act on his own, his Premiums would be Off the Charts.

Just Not Enough Profits in selling Mech's for Him to make it Financially Viable.

Reactions: haleysdadda

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
if you are running multiple MOSFETs to a common load you need to place a small (100ohm) resistor in series between the gate and the switch to prevent oscillation in that power structure this oscillation will keep the MOSFETs from turning off when the switch is released.
Perfectly correct, and thank you.

Reactions: mauricem00
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread