Extending the life of your YJ 2.0 Chrome maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
Thank you to the person on ECF that told me about the ego threaded sleeve (with air slots) !

I picked one up from Litecig for $1.95:

EGO Stainless Steel 3.5ml DCT Tank Cone

I got my YJ a couple days ago and love it, but also know it is not a top of the line device like my Precise, so I wanted to protect it more. My husband has an assortment of O-rings, so i found one that would work and slipped it down the drip well:

img2490dy.jpg

Then I put the ego sleeve on:

img2493iw.jpg

I would have liked to use the 510 to ego adapter that Tom at Chrome Vari-Tube Variable Voltage Electronic Cigarette - Full Size was kind enough to send, but it makes my RA Phoenix dripper stand too tall off the device and it would be a weak point to snap something off, so I don't use it. Will try to find a 510 to 510 shorty that will barely raise it off the top of the YJ.

Because the O-ring didn't allow me to screw down my Ego sleeve tight enough, I got 9.9R (no contact) after screwing down my phoenix to the device connection. Ended up having to use a file and take down the top of the sleeve enough to make good contact with my Phoenix.

Nothing is Over Tightened. That would kill this device and I knew that, so if you do this, file down the adapter slowly, shaking off the file shavings on to a table to see that you are making progress. Screw it on to the device, screw your atomizer on and check the resistance. If it's still 9.9R, you have to file the top of the ego sleeve down further.

It only has to come off a little so your atomizer won't be impeded by the tank to sleeve dead end. For a regular atomizer, i don't imagine it would be a problem, but my tank sits on top of the sleeve and it wouldn't make contact with the YJ connector.

Finally got the correct Ohm's on the device with everything screwed in just finger tight and was good to go.

LOVE IT! Feel safer vaping it, and it hits way better than my precise P18 with two 3.0 AW's stacked. Amazing what I've been missing, and I hope this device lasts a long time with the added protection. When i get a shorty 510-510 it will be added security to never have to screw in/out of the YJ connector at all.

all I need now is a lanyard to fit it. For now, the velvet bag that came with my Precise P18 works perfect :)

hope this helps someone who is afraid the device will get juice in it and short it out, or wants a secure top.

dasfast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2012
Sevierville, TN
Thanks for this info. Was bored at work, so I found an o-ring to fit over the base of the 510 connector, and commenced to sanding down ego tank adapter.

Quick note for anyone interested in doing this: Do not sand too much of the eGo tank adapter down or the threads won't catch! I almost did But barely managed to get the threads to start. I wanted to try and get it as flush as possible.

View attachment 146692 View attachment 146693

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
nice job! feels a lot more protected doesn't it? the weak point when dropping a device is the atomizer or tank shatters, which will take the mod connection along with it. this should give it less movement and keep it dry.

Thanks for this info. Was bored at work, so I found an o-ring to fit over the base of the 510 connector, and commenced to sanding down ego tank adapter.

Quick note for anyone interested in doing this: Do not sand too much of the eGo tank adapter down or the threads won't catch! I almost did But barely managed to get the threads to start. I wanted to try and get it as flush as possible.

View attachment 146692 View attachment 146693

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
yep it's dirt cheap protection. my Phoenix rebuildable likes to dribble out the air hole when over filled or at higher voltage, so this protects it. because my air hole is in the tank itself, i don't need air flow at all at the connector, so i added two O rings on the outside of the phoenix as well and slid them down the base. i know what carto's etc are capable of so i'll head off problems :)

i also picked up one of these at a local vape shop that i'm going to send to a friend with a YJ and phoenix and let him sand it down and see how it fits. it would be an entire shield over the bottom. looks a little more difficult to sand with the slant under the top, so i'll let him give it a try.

EGO Stainless Steel 5ml DCT Tank Cone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread