Extreme Vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OlDogNewTricks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Venice, FL
Extreme vaping is a dangerous activity if you don't do it right. That being said, there are sub-forums for rebuildables and the sort. Please be safe, especially with batteries, you can hurt yourself. Also, make sure that you have experience vaping in general. You can get really good performance without going extreme. Just my two cents. Good luck, be safe and have fun!

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada
it's called cloud chasing,,,,,,,but please be careful.

Yes, if you want to chase clouds with sub ohm builds on a mech mod be careful, very very very careful. Do a TON of research , mostly in to how batteries operate and what all the ratings are of your batteries and what they all mean.

Things you need to know ; ohm's law, understand what it is and how it works and what electricity does. Understand what the difference between wattage and voltage is and what coil resistance does to both. Understand what amperage is and what your battery is capable of. You will need to know the C rating of your battery, basically how much amperage your battery can handle. Understand airflow and how it works and what it does to a coil. You need to know what kind of wire does what and what resistances they have and what kind of wicks they work better with and what kind of coils with what kind of wire work best for different setups. Research research research learn learn learn. If you want to do it right and safely you need to read a ton of stuff, go through 100s of posts in dozens of threads, watch a ton of youtube videos etc etc. This is not as simple as wrapping a bit of wire and something and hitting the button.

The other option, which is MUCH safer and I think over all better is to learn about high resistance micro coils running at high wattages on regulated devices. You can get some pretty huge clouds going with 3 ohm coils, they don't always need to be crazy low resistance. This is a coil i put in my IGO-L the other day.
30g small diameter micro with cotton - YouTube
It's 30g wire at about 10 wraps or so around the end of a tiny screwdriver. It's 2.5 ohms, much safer compared to .5 ohms ( to be fair I have a dual coil setup sitting at .3 right now ). As you can see it's chucking the vapour on my Provari and I think that was only around 15 watts.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
The Philippines have made a sport out of it.:vapor:

Yup. I'm in it for the flavor so I don't go anywhere near as radical as some of those guys do. I enjoy vapor too, but I'm happy with my 0.6 ohm gennys and micro coils.

But that's me. People will make what they will of vaping and that's cool. Who am I to say they are wrong because they do it different than I do :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread