Fabulous carto easy mod; Best Vape ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven.rn

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Ohio
Dogs' NF Carto Mod (KR8 Atty)(510 vertical atty)

Man. I did this mod and I have to tell you; this is the best vaping experience to date.

I felt honor bound to make sure Chuckleheads knew about this one; it's too good to miss.

The short story is that you pull the filler out of an 808 carto. The straw in the middle and the bit of fabric wrapped around the element have to stay in place.

You have to be patient and gentle pulling the filler out of an 808 carto, but just take your time and tease, rock, twist, and don't try to muscle it out.... the sock stays around the element-.

You can drip in 15 drops of whatever you're vaping. It does not leak out the bottom.

This totally rocks at 3.7 V in a Big Chuck with 36mg RY4. I have and do vape at 6V as well, but with the above combo, 6v was too much for me- and I'm a TH junkie.

I wasn't all that sold on cartos before this mod, but so far this is the best ecig experience I've had in a year of vaping.

Also, this mod negates the need for "the condom method" or the "syringe method" to refill cartos. Just drip and go! Easy, easy, easy.

Woot! Kudos to the original posters of this mod/that thread. :toast:

Let me know what you think, Chucklehead buds. I've done my Duty.

Einstein Approved,

Steve

steven.rn

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Ohio
Looks interesting, not sure if I'll mess with it, but looks interesting. Turns a crapped carto into a temporarily useful one, I'm just wondering about the recesses in the lower end that never reach the fillament.

Actually, it seems easy to tell, but I may be wrong.

After pulling the filler, if it was a wet carto, give it a couple second blip in a dark room looking straight down the barrel. If you see orange, it's uncovered. I made three so far; one I yanked it out way too hard, and that's what I got on test. The other two were perfect when I took my time. YMMV. :2cool:

Oh, yah... if they should NOT leak- you drip down the side. If it leaks right out, you either got a hole in the tube or pulled it out of the bottom. Here's the illustration from the other thread, for reference.

NoFillerCarto-1.jpg

Last edited:

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
I might give it a whirl for kicks but right now all I have been doing is pulling the white tops off of my cartos, fill em up and then just top off. I never even put the little cap back on....it works perfect with six volts. Kinda like direct dripping but no mess. I can look right down, see the carto is starting to get dry, top off with about six drops or so and keep on vaping. I am a happy camper.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
So, now that I know I like my milk choc, I decided to fill a carto with it. It's one of the EastMall ones that I decapitated but I didn't get all the glue out. The drip tip didn't fit.

So there I was with a fairly full cart and I decided to scrape off as much of the glue as I could. I was using one edge of a needle nose pliers and the other half got stuck in the filler and pulled a bunch of it about 1/2 inch out. I figured it was probably a goner because I hadn't even tried to loose it around the edges but I pulled gently and all the filling came out. I looked in and couldn't see the element. I inspected the wet filler and didn't see it there either. So I got a flashlight.

I still couldn't tell for sure but continued trying to remove the last of the glue. The drip tip wouldn't fit so I found a 510 (the for-show type that comes on atomizers but can't be used with filler) and was able to shove it on. Then I dripped some milk chocolate liquid in and it vapes quite well. So I guess the element is intact.

So I went to add more liquid. The long, thin droppers on TV bottles can really get down there. As a result I didn't realize that I gave it too much liquid. Much too much liquid. My Little Chuck felt pretty much like my roast did last night when I had finished rubbing olive oil into it. But the Chuck is shinier.

I think I've drained off most of the excess. One thing I've found -- after you put in a few drops, roll it around on it's side. That gives the sock a chance to absorb most of the liquid.

And I'm going to have to scrub off my desk before I let the birds stand on it tonight.

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
I just did it on an 808 carto. Those were easy. Now I do not have adapters-suppose I could go pull off one of hubs but they are in the shop. I have a small pile to 'clean' but I'll gut them after I try this baby out. He might have something here afterall.
I tried it on a 510 and totally dismembered it. Too much patience required for those, must attempt down but with better timing.

mcl5000

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
Allentown, PA
I tried this quick at work, and I must say that I'm impressed. I haven't used cartos in months, so the only one I had here was a dirty pina colada cart, but it was super easy to pull the filler out with a paperclip...which literally took 10 seconds.

Being that it was a pina colada cart (and not cleaned), the flavor of my current juice in there is a little weird, but I'm getting great drags on my VK passthrough (that was luckily stashed in my drawer).

This doesn't compare to a LR 510 atty on a Mr. Puffer, but it's damn close...and it's a lot less work to clean. Keep in mind that I don't have an adapter on me for my Chuck, so it might be comparable on there.

Good job with this one!

Last edited:

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
I fuddled some this morning and last night with this mod again. I have one container for used cartos that looked a bit full and they had god knows what in them. I got the knack of it, figured out that you leave the little wrapper on the middle tube. Got it right and I'll go ahead and say it isn't bad and actually a pretty great idea afterall. I have alot of 808's and this will be a good use for them when I am just sitting at my desk.

Tried unsuccessfully a couple times with 510's but they are wrapped so dang tight and that little wire seems to hook into the poly fill so I'd end up pulling the middle out of wack and it was taking forever so I'll have to say it isn't an easy mod at all on the 510 cartos.

Glad I gave it another try, this should keep me content for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread