FACTS about Health Benefits of E-cig/Vapes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBCurious87

Sep 12, 2014
Roselle, IL
Personally I think vaping is light years better that cigarettes which has something like 4000 chemicals with at least 1000 of them being harmful and I believed linked to cancer. The real important question that needs to be answered is how many chemicals are in ecigs/vapes and how harmful are they? My understanding of the e-liquid is that it's made up up propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, or both. Propylene glycol is used in the food we eat and medication we take. Concentrations in foods range from <0.001% in eggs and soups to about 15% in some seasonings and flavorings. Propylene glycol is an FDA-approved additive for military dietary rations (Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry 1997). Vegetable glycerin is also used in similar ways throughout the food-processing, in our medications and even as a sweetener.

We don't need to provide our bias opinion but instead research based facts and studies to prove that ecigs/vapes are a much healthier alternative. I would definitely like to hear some Educated opinions and research based facts making a strong argument that ecigs/vapes are healthy to use and much healthier than cigarettes. Please contribute with your knowledge. Thanks!

Warpigs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
USA
Welcome to ECF! Only real thing I would say in my own opinion. When I smoked/chewed tobacco I knew I was killing myself for 30+ years. Now that I have been smoke free for over a year. I feel much better, can tatse food better, and my sense of smell is has also improved, wasn't wheezing and couching in the mornings anymore .So as I went through the withdrawal process of quitting cig's everytime I had a craving I told myself there were 1000x more reasons not to smoke then to smoke. After about 40 days I was at no cravings for cigs, and I have not looked back!

Vape on!

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
well all I know, or care about, for a fact is, since I've been vaping, feel better, healthier, happier, more productive, since I started vaping over a year ago, and haven't smoked.

It is my belief that not only is not harmful, but has many side benefits too. Not only don't I have to smoke, but feel vape has helped the body cleanse itself of the 30 toxin build up, that smoking left, and has help improve my immune system. Rarely get a cold or virus now, and when do, it has to be a nasty virus, and my aliments and symptoms are much less severe than others that have caught the same bug.

Facts and studies often has a way of being slanted or corrupted, and prefer the hands on field testing that occurs while partaking in me daily Vape.:D

Vape long and Prosper.!!!

twall

Moved On
Sep 10, 2014
Jamestown, NY,USA
Here's my personal feelings on it.

I, as well, feel so much better. I also don't cough like I used to. I used to cough till I gagged, and that was getting old real quick.

However, there is an additional benefit to vaping. I have LOST weight (not gained it) since I quit. Vaping gives me the flavor of eating candy, baked goods, or fruit - without actually eating. I find I am less hungry, particularly with a nice sweet vape. Vaping makes a great dessert. I can have a nice meal and then vape some cinnamon roll or butter toffee, and it's just fabulous. I needed to lose a few pounds in addition to quitting. That's something that always discouraged me from stopping smoking - I was sure I'd gain weight, and only trade one pack of health problems for another. Not with vape.

Vaping has not only made me feel healthier, it has MADE me healthier.

Warpigs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
USA
I think the phrasing is really important here.

There are no heath benefts to vaping. It is about the health benefits of quitting tobacco products.

This is how I feel about it in general. Every day I don't smoke a cig is 1 more day of becoming healthier. Vaping has saved my life. And I have broken that old ball and chainl as known as cig's. Being free of the "Oh do I have enough cigs to last me tonight, or spending 60 bucks for a carton that MIGHT last me 4-5 days."

Last edited:

twall

Moved On
Sep 10, 2014
Jamestown, NY,USA
I think the phrasing is really important here.

There are no heath benefts to vaping. It is about the health benefits of quitting tobacco products.

I respectfully disagree. If vaping is what GOT you to quit, that in and of itself IS a health benefit. I see your point. It's not like vitamins or whatever that are an added benefit to health. But if vaping is the only way you'd ever quit smoking (like me) then vaping IS a health benefit. By continuing to vape, I don't go back. Continued benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread