Status
Not open for further replies.

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
If Congress drags it's feet and the Agricultural Appropriations Bill with the Cole-Bishop amendment in it Isn't signed by the end of the year and Especially if the FDA continues to blow off Congressional info requests, the plaintiffs in the court cases will request an injunction to stop the age checking until all is sorted out. And they'll get it.

The C-B amendment Will end up getting signed and the predicate date will go to 8/8/16 With age checks in place. There will be a PMTA process still but it'll be much less onerous and will apply to only devices that are radically different than current devices.

I think at least for the near future, taxing will be left up to the states.

For this NOT to happen, the Hildebeast would have win and she'd have to decide that all out Vape Nuclear War with the Republicans is how she wants to bat first in her Presidency. Republicans have almost enough votes to over-ride her veto if that were to happen Without Any Dem support and there are actually Some Dems that Support vaping. So she ends up with an over-ridden veto And ALL the totally POd Reps stonewalling EVERYTHING else she wants. I see the Hildebeast winning as probably the Only thing vaping really needs to Worry about. I'm not even real sure it's something she would want to go to war on right away. She has WAY other bigger, nastier plans.
Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Reactions: disley

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
There COULD actually be a bright spot for Vaping With the Hildebeast that no one has mentioned.

I haven't heard word one on what if anything she's said publicly about vaping.

But, she IS an Ex-smoker.

Madame President, YOU of all people know how hard it is to quit smoking, are you really, being an ex-smoker, going to make it Harder for those to quit who want to by killing vaping?

Bang, Boom.
Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
But, she IS an Ex-smoker.

Madame President, YOU of all people know how hard it is to quit smoking, are you really, being an ex-smoker, going to make it Harder for those to quit who want to by killing vaping?

Then again, Obama was a smoker, even sneaking them while in office, but still signed the TCA in 2009. And ex-smokers can be some of the most intolerant of smokers (if I could do it cold turkey, so can you). Besides, we already know tobacco policies are not created out of evidence based examination.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
Then again, Obama was a smoker, even sneaking them while in office, but still signed the TCA in 2009. And ex-smokers can be some of the most intolerant of smokers (if I could do it cold turkey, so can you). Besides, we already know tobacco policies are not created out of evidence based examination.
He used patches

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    I've been keeping an eye out for the most powerful statement that can be made about ecigs. My current favorite comes from china, where the modern version was invented. Some Chinese are saying ecigs are their 5th great invention after navigation, gun powder, paper, and printing.

And here I thought fake maps showing they owned 100% of the Pacific was their greatest creation. Well, the Hague will rule on that soon, thank God.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2012
    Lawrence KS
    I always want to lash out in a thread like this but I will attempt to hold my tongue.

I will say that vaping is not a left/right issue nor is it a voting issue for the vast majority. We need both sides to understand our point of view, so alienating one side is not the best tactic IMO. And yes, I'm a bleeding heart liberal.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 28, 2014
    I always want to lash out in a thread like this but I will attempt to hold my tongue.

I will say that vaping is not a left/right issue nor is it a voting issue for the vast majority. We need both sides to understand our point of view, so alienating one side is not the best tactic IMO. And yes, I'm a bleeding heart liberal.

I agree it is not a specific class, or group issue. You can be whatever you want to be. T'were me ya ask if it mattered, I'd just look blank at you and move on. "No, not one whit." S'all the same to me. I'm not any of it, I'm all of it. I will not be defined by any of it, or by falsely alleged authority. Now, I don't buy religion either but still know, no man or woman ever gonna be fit to be judge, jury, executioner o' all human kind. They wants to think they is, ya tell 'em come on down and see ya dog here, he set 'em straight. Then you go on, walk on with ya head high, cos you be free, just like me.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    You mean Chinese from vape industry?
    I'm a garage inventor, even made some money at it. I agree with the greatest invention comment and the it seems to come from Chinese who are not in the industry. Everything needed for Hon Lic's electronic cigarette existed in the early 1970s. They would have been clunky, mostly because nicads were the best batteries available, but it could have been done.

Reactions: Yiana
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread