Failed DIY experiments

Status
Not open for further replies.

haiqu

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2012
Bundarra NSW
Thought there might be a need for a place to list experiments that didn't quite have the desired effect.

Here's my first failure - Bushell's Coffee and Chicory Essence. I thought this would be a reasonable vape but honestly it's the worst taste I could imagine. Mixed it with PG and VG at 75/25 and 24mg/ml nic but it was just unbearable. I think the major problem was the amount of sugar and caramel present, just resulted in a dirty burnt flavour.

So, don't do that, hmmmk.

Any other failures you can think of out there?

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
o_O I think ANYTHING mixed at 40% is going to be a bad vape...

My failures were all first round 5mls of various (single flavour) caps mixed at 20%. Either tasted like chemical or didn't taste at all.

My 1st attempt was strawberry. Using lorann flavoring. Has no taste. I think it needs sweetener not really sure mixed at 40%

Kevin littell

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Covington Ga
I started off vaping on a very rocky road........I ordered some JC juice that wasnt thrilling out of the bottle and tried to perk it up with some licorice extract....

When you pour 1/2 an oz of licorice flavor in 1/2 a 30ml bottle of already questionable Black cherry juice whilst waiting for a juice order to arrive you get alittle jittery.

Afterwards the fellow that got me started vaping also introduced me to a mix calculator which showed me the error of my ways!

I've also learned to vape a flavor by itself before trying to mix it. I was taught this by some really nasty white chocolate extract I was given. If it cant stand on its own you dont want to be mixing it!

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
I started off vaping on a very rocky road........I ordered some JC juice that wasnt thrilling out of the bottle and tried to perk it up with some licorice extract....

When you pour 1/2 an oz of licorice flavor in 1/2 a 30ml bottle of already questionable Black cherry juice whilst waiting for a juice order to arrive you get alittle jittery.

Afterwards the fellow that got me started vaping also introduced me to a mix calculator which showed me the error of my ways!

I've also learned to vape a flavor by itself before trying to mix it. I was taught this by some really nasty white chocolate extract I was given. If it cant stand on its own you dont want to be mixing it!

Oh my goodness.. That sounds absolutely horrible!! But then again, I don't enjoy licorice of any kind.

Ewwwwww...

haiqu

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2012
Bundarra NSW
Righto then, this is a great start. Here's my next failure:

Used a Black Sambuca mixture intended for home liquour making. I dluted this with what I thought to be sufficient PG & VG but it still looked wrong, way too dark. Smelled a bit chemical like cough mixture at this stage and tasted foul. Bzzzzt.

On the other hand I still have 40ml of the original bottle left over, so I can make some Black Sambuca to drink. :)

haiqu

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2012
Bundarra NSW
BTW I'm noticing a lot of messages about mixing errors here. This has probably been covered aplenty on the forum, but always start at 4-5% flavouring, try it and and work up from there. Concentrates added at 10-20% of total liquid volume usually taste bad.

Also, whilst mixing your own from a vendor's concentrates may be DIY in the strictest sense, I was hoping to see more emphasis on experimentation - using liquids not usually known for vaping, self-extraction from the fruit and so on.

Vappa

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2012
Netherlands
Also, whilst mixing your own from a vendor's concentrates may be DIY in the strictest sense, I was hoping to see more emphasis on experimentation - using liquids not usually known for vaping, self-extraction from the fruit and so on.

Haiqu, have a look on this thread then, from post 10 and up. I am doing a little experiment on extracting walnut flavor. This might just be my next failure to post here :). But i will only know a few weeks from now, as i just started the experiment.

Anyway, some tips and suggestions are always welcome on that thread...

Wren

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Chi-town
It's not so much 'nasty' as...very very bacon'ey. I mixed that with maple and it tasted just like maple bacon...which, turns out, is not something I want to vape.

And it definately 'stained' the atty with bacon flavor.

I haven't tried it but I have heard that "Bacon" is nasty & you cannot get the taste out of the atomizer!!
:evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread