Failing at IQ test - Increasing 6mg nic liquid to 18mg nic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am baffled so please, no formulas! lol I have seen many

I have 30ml bottles of pre made 6mg nicotine e liquid and I want to increase the nic to 18mg or 12mg if I must.

To avoid diluting the flavour more than I absolutely have to, is it not best to buy 100mg nic liquid and if so,

How much 100mg nic liquid to I need to add to increase the 6mg nicotine liquid to 12 or 18mg nic?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT
Just to clarify: There is no more liquid of this brand in any nicotine level - The company went out of business and I managed to buy 18 x 30ml bottles from a website but they only had 6mg nicotine.
I can buy 100mg nicotine VG base from the USA I assume (?) if I pay shipping and customs which I am fine with.

Last edited:

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    If you add the same flavor eliquid that also has the same PG/VG ratio but 24mg/ml nic you'll end up with 18mg/ml nic. You also must use the same amount of both liquids. I don't know right now how much 100 mg/ml nic eliquid to use instead. Someone else will most probably chime in with a better answer for you.

90VG

ECF Veteran
    Jan 19, 2016
    5000' in Nevada
    Using my math, I came up with 6.5 ml of 100mg/ml added to 30 ml of 6 mg/ml.

We can double check that though.

30 ml of 6mg/ml, so you have 180 mg of nic there.
    We add 6.5 ml of 100mg/ml - which is 650 mg.

So now you have 830 mg (650+180) of nicotine in 36.5 ml of juice.

Ends up around 22 mg/ml (830/36.5). My equation was for 0 nic base, and you have 6 mg/ml.

So, without me doing equations again... Let's knock it down a little and add 5 ml of 100mg/ml.

180 nic + 500 nic / 35 ml = 19.4 mg/ml

Getting closer.

Lets try 4.5ml of 100 mg/ml nic:

180 nic + 450 nic / 34.5 = 18.2 mg/ml - That's pretty close to 18.

And let us guess for 12mg/ml, I'll go with 2.5 ml of the 100 for this:

(180 nic + 250 nic) / 32.5 = 13.3 mg/ml. Close enough.

So it's not a failed IQ test, it's just not a stupid simple calculation... I didn't feel like doing algebra this morning, so I just showed you how to calculate the effect of adding 6.5,5,4.5,2.5 ml of 100mg/ml to 30. Change the numbers as you like.

Summary:

With 30ml of 6mg/ml when you add the left (amount in ml of 100mg/ml), you get the concentration on the right.

6.5 -------> 22 mg/ml
    5.0 -------> 19 mg/ml
    4.5 -------> 18 mg/ml
    2.5 -------> 13 mg/ml

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    To avoid diluting the flavour more than I absolutely have to, is it not best to buy 100mg nic liquid and if so,
    How much 100mg nic liquid to I need to add to increase the 6mg nicotine liquid to 12 or 18mg nic?

You are in the UK, right?

You cannot buy 100mg, you never could; 72mg was the max.
    You cannot buy anything now over 18mg unless you purchase from companies who use legal/illegal loopholes to sell nicotine. It's hard to trust a company that sells agricultural nicotine, even if it's the real deal. Certainly buying 72mg of an auction site is not recommended because they will be outside of the law and could just sell you any diluted/undiluted strength.

halfempty

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2014
    Miami, FL

I have 30ml bottles of pre made 6mg nicotine e liquid and I want to increase the nic to 18mg or 12mg if I must.

Thanks in advance!
    Let's see if I can't give you simple numbers. Hopefully someone will double check my numbers and confirm or correct me, since I haven't had enough coffee yet. I would suggest removing the amount of liquid from the bottle you are going to add. I.E. if you are going to add 2ml, remove 2ml of juice from the bottle first so you wind up with 30ml in the bottle at the end. Store the removed juice in a clean bottle and you'll wind up with an extra bottle or two. This way you don't overfill and the calculations are easier.

Assuming you can get 100mg/ml in the UK and starting with 30ml 6mg/ml liquid, 1.8ml of nic in the 30ml bottle brings it to 12mg/ml, doubling that to 3.6ml of nic brings it to 18.

If you can only get 72mg/ml adding 3ml to a 30ml bottle of 6mg/ml will bring it to a little over 13mg/ml. To get to 18mg/ml you would have to add just about 5ml of 72mg/ml nic which might dilute it too much.

Remember to give it time to steep after adding the fresh nic before you taste.

Found these people after a quick search, don't know them but it might give you a starting point. 7.2% Nicotine (VG Base)

BTW 72mg/ml = 7.2% base, 100mg/ml = 10% base. Just wanted to make sure the percentage numbers in that link didn't confuse the issue.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

Thanks in advance!

If you are concerned about Diluting the Flavor of what you have, you could buy 24mg/ml in the same flavor, then mix Equal Parts 6mg/ml and 24mg/ml giving you 15mg/ml.

Let's see if I can't give you simple numbers. Hopefully someone will double check my numbers and confirm or correct me, since I haven't had enough coffee yet. I would suggest removing the amount of liquid from the bottle you are going to add. I.E. if you are going to add 2ml, remove 2ml of juice from the bottle first so you wind up with 30ml in the bottle at the end. Store the removed juice in a clean bottle and you'll wind up with an extra bottle or two. This way you don't overfill and the calculations are easier.

Assuming you can get 100mg/ml in the UK and starting with 30ml 6mg/ml liquid, 1.8ml of nic in the 30ml bottle brings it to 12mg/ml, doubling that to 3.6ml of nic brings it to 18.

If you can only get 72mg/ml adding 3ml to a 30ml bottle of 6mg/ml will bring it to a little over 13mg/ml. To get to 18mg/ml you would have to add just about 5ml of 72mg/ml nic which might dilute it too much.

Remember to give it time to steep after adding the fresh nic before you taste.

Found these people after a quick search, don't know them but it might give you a starting point. 7.2% Nicotine (VG Base)

BTW 72mg/ml = 7.2% base, 100mg/ml = 10% base. Just wanted to make sure the percentage numbers in that link didn't confuse the issue.

Thank you :) But I am still confused! lol

EDIT

Its ok, I think I have the answer (below) and if its a little as I think I can prolly squeeze that into the 30ml bottles I have of the 6mg liquid! :)

Last edited:
    Jeez. Guess I should have paid more attention in Algebra when we were doing word problems.

A train leaves New York going 20 MPH carrying 125 passengers and another train leaves Los Angeles ....

lol I know right? Its soo confusing for me!

Using my math, I came up with 6.5 ml of 100mg/ml added to 30 ml of 6 mg/ml.

We can double check that though.

30 ml of 6mg/ml, so you have 180 mg of nic there.
    We add 6.5 ml of 100mg/ml - which is 650 mg.

So now you have 830 mg (650+180) of nicotine in 36.5 ml of juice.

Ends up around 22 mg/ml (830/36.5). My equation was for 0 nic base, and you have 6 mg/ml.

So, without me doing equations again... Let's knock it down a little and add 5 ml of 100mg/ml.

180 nic + 500 nic / 35 ml = 19.4 mg/ml

Getting closer.

Lets try 4.5ml of 100 mg/ml nic:

180 nic + 450 nic / 34.5 = 18.2 mg/ml - That's pretty close to 18.

And let us guess for 12mg/ml, I'll go with 2.5 ml of the 100 for this:

(180 nic + 250 nic) / 32.5 = 13.3 mg/ml. Close enough.

So it's not a failed IQ test, it's just not a stupid simple calculation... I didn't feel like doing algebra this morning, so I just showed you how to calculate the effect of adding 6.5,5,4.5,2.5 ml of 100mg/ml to 30. Change the numbers as you like.

Summary:

With 30ml of 6mg/ml when you add the left (amount in ml of 100mg/ml), you get the concentration on the right.

6.5 -------> 22 mg/ml
    5.0 -------> 19 mg/ml
    4.5 -------> 18 mg/ml
    2.5 -------> 13 mg/ml

108ew6.jpg

Sorry but that just blew the 3 brain cells I have left out of my ... hole! But thanks for trying :)

EDIT: Oh wait, the answer was in the first line!

So I just need to add 6.5ml of 100mg nicotine to 30ml of the 6mg liquid I already have?

That's not as much as I thought!

thank-you-pig-meme-300x168.jpg

THANK YOU!

If you add the same flavor eliquid that also has the same PG/VG ratio but 24mg/ml nic you'll end up with 18mg/ml nic. You also must use the same amount of both liquids. I don't know right now how much 100 mg/ml nic eliquid to use instead. Someone else will most probably chime in with a better answer for you.
    I dont have any other liquid of this brand I bought the last and its all 6mg :)

• Agree
    Reactions: Letitia

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave

EDIT

Its ok, I think I have the answer (below) and if its a little as I think I can prolly squeeze that into the 30ml bottles I have of the 6mg liquid! :)

EDIT

.8 mls of 100mg nicotine base
    Ingnore me I can’t do math, sorry for inaccuracies

Last edited:
    Reactions: stols001

90VG

ECF Veteran
    Jan 19, 2016
    5000' in Nevada
    Read the last 4 lines.................. 6.5ml gives you 22mg/ml

@madstabber Here are the calculations for that.........

Look at this spreadsheet, it's very simple:

You can change the stuff in yellow.

PS: I had no idea it was going to embed the spreadsheet into the forum. That was a surprise!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread