The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Fairly New and excited Vaper

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Dwayzo, Nov 29, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Dwayzo

Dwayzo Full Member Verified Member

Fairly New Vaper ( abit over a month since my last analogue ) and I must say this is an expensive but cool hobby / life style ( I came into it thinking I was gonna save money and stop smoking ) needless to say. I started with one of the setups that looks like a Blu... that lasted all of 3 days till i picked up a Kgo which lasted a week before i returned it for a provari! A few weeks later i bought my wife one and started buying anything i can to make it look even cooler and do more. I enjoy it. If it looks cool now I buy it. I just recently got a lava tank and just ordered 2 Lavagen's with a reactor tank. Then turned around and got my wife a combo with a reactor another lava tank and lavagen. It's crazy how addictive this is. Waiting now for all this rebuildable stuff to arrive and am glad I have a friend that has been doing this awhile to show me what to do when I get it. I hope this will be a cool place to blow some time and learn some stuff. When I know more and hopefully become a real member I hope that I still remember what it was like to be a newb and return to this very newb forum to provide answers the same way other have given them to me.

2. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Welcome dwayzo!

The more you read here on ECF, the less you spend on trying things that turn out to be a disappointment. ECF is like the Consumer Reports of vaping for most of us. There's always someone starting a thread on a new product and reviewing it for the rest.

Most of us spent enough early in our vaping on various types of hardware to pay for the really good stuff, but we were new at it and let the advertisements rule our spending. Use the search box before you spend on hardware and juices and you'll usually get more than enough information to make an informed decision.

Vaping is really a lot cheaper than smoking once you fall into a few favorite juices and hardware types. I spend about $30 a month on juices and cartos these days. I spent that much in a week on cigarettes before.

3. sevar

sevar Full Member

Nov 28, 2012
    United States
    I was gonna say I've been out $50 at most and having a good time over the last month ;) Welcome to the forums, the amount of replies I get to my questions is absolutely insane.

4. tidegirl

tidegirl Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 21, 2011
    Panama City, FL
    Welcome to the funny farm, Dwayzo. You will save money, eventually. If you are already buying provaris, I'm not sure when that may be. But eventually. Just make sure you keep enough money to stock your juice and it's all good. ;)

5. Dwayzo

Agreed. I'm in the newbie stage of trying new stuff... And looking for my setup. I know once I fall into the paces I won't feel the need look for the new shiny. I'm not saying expensive in a bad way. It's just. I now have an assesory . Kinda like a woman and her purse. And I am trying to make it represent me or personalize it. I have only made one bad purchase. And It's not that its bad... I just suck at using it. ( kit Fanius trap tank the hourglass one).

6. Dwayzo

7. Dwayzo

8. Dwayzo

9. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    We all think that a Provari is too expensive, but a 2 pack a day smoker spent lots of money on 6 cartons a month. Just saying.

Realizing that was what finally made me realize that I owed myself a Provari. I haven't spent a dime on hardware since I got it, other than cartos and a few miscellaneous items.

10. Dwayzo

Everything I read said it was the best. I figured why mess around knowing at some point I'd likely get one. Might as well start out right and save myself the money of buying other mods just to end up at the same place.

11. carlton M

carlton M Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2011
    Walnut Creek Ca
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.