The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Fake T3?

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by ToweKnee, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ToweKnee

ToweKnee Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2011
    Chicago
    Seems white lettering with two air holes are the real deal. Black lettering with three air holes is the fake.

http:/..................../wordpress/2013/01/09/will-the-real-kanger-t3-please-stand-up/

Cant seem to put the link up. Go to tasteyourjuice.com and check out news section.

2. Quoiyaien

Quoiyaien Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 14, 2012
    Beautiful BC
  3. ToweKnee

Dec 13, 2011
    Chicago
    Just copied my last response from the other thread since it was relevant.

I think I would like to see a little more proof if they are new versions. TBH Ive been having some issues but was chalking it up to my DIY mixes. Playing around with high VG ratios and using some PGA. I started adding some DW to my juice thinking its way too thick. Ive used about 8 of them. 3 of them we some problem ones. I couldn't vape it past 4.0 or even some times 3.7 due to dry hits. Would like to hear from Kanger what the deal is. Hopefully they will have a response about this soon.

I been pretty happy with these regardless though but I can see anyone paying full price for these would be a little upset about it. Not going past 4 or so volts was a well known issue about the Kangers though but the trade off for taste was worth it.

4. b0redagain

b0redagain Resting in Peace ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2011
    Denver, CO
  5. b0redagain

Jan 24, 2011
    Denver, CO
  6. b0redagain

Jan 24, 2011
    Denver, CO
    I don't think they are fake, I think Kanger updated the design.

7. b0redagain

Jan 24, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Bought some here too: Kanger T3

Again, three holes and 2 fill scales.

8. zippersnapper

zippersnapper Moved On ECF Veteran

Mar 18, 2012
    Ok, so with that said, All of mine have one fill scale. But some are 2 holes and some are 3 holes.
    AND once again, all came from one supplier.
    All vape ok.

So whats next? Seems we need to here from Kanger, before this rumor mill goes out of control

9. ToweKnee

Dec 13, 2011
    Chicago
    Yea is what Im thinking. Its not like I never got a bad Boge or anything :vapor:

10. zippersnapper

zippersnapper Moved On ECF Veteran

Mar 18, 2012
    Did anyone stop and think that maybe Busardo, got his hands on a 1.8 low res head, which we all know arent proven relaible yet?

11. b0redagain

Jan 24, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Perhaps, could ask him to check the ohms.

12. Quoiyaien

Quoiyaien Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 14, 2012
    Beautiful BC
    Also wondering if anyone got any crappy t3's from any other vendors? I get mine from Canvape, and they work flawlessly... and they fit the description of the ones that pbusardo says dont work... 3 holes, 2 measuring scales... maybe just a redesign?

either way I love mine and will continue to buy them from canvape. I know vision makes a knockoff, but they are generally sold as vision t3's...

13. SAG

SAG Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2011
    STL
    My T3s are from Carolina Vapor and another vendor. Both vendors said Kanger. All have 3 holes and 2 measuring scales. Clear one has black print scale. Yellow and blue has white print. Now I am curious too...

14. jazzbo

jazzbo Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 23, 2011
    Orlando, Fl
    All of the ones I've bought have been from iVape (going back to early November), and they're all three hole, two scale. And all have worked flawlessly with whatever I've thrown at them.

15. TxTunesLady

TxTunesLady Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

16. b0redagain

Jan 24, 2011
    Denver, CO
    I'm not sure what that meant.

17. Susaz

Susaz Vaping Master ECF Veteran

The colored ones have white lettering. The first two that I bought from Got Vapes has only one scale in dark but they were transparent. The first 5 heads didn't screw all the way down, had contact problems and the five heads went down in barely a week.

The second batch (5 3 hole 1.8 ohm heads, a complete one in red with 2.4 ohm head and the other a smokey colored one, both with dual scale in white.) The smokey one has 2 hole heads and came from a local supplier. The heads and the red one are three hole version were bought from GotVapes. As long as I know, the one I bought locally came from my supplier that lives in the US, so I don't know where he bought it from, but most probably a US supplier.

The head from my local supplier is plagued with the same problems as the original heads. No contacts. The other heads (the ones I've been using so far) work flawlessly.

I've stopped trying to figure out if they're Kanger or not. If they work and the tubes are interchangeable with the heads is all I need. So far I've used them for two weeks. Great flavor, great vapor, no gurgling. I put away the 2.4 ohm heads because it takes more power and sucking to get the same vapor.

Again, stop fidgeting. Does it work for you? Are parts interchangeable? Does it vape well? Who cares where it came from! At 6,45 the complete and 2,5 the head I'm not complaining.

18. spider362

spider362 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 27, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    I got all mine from LiteCigUSA. The first order was 2 holes and 1 scale. The second order was 2 holes and 2 scales.

Haven't tried any from the second order yet as my first one has lasted over 13 weeks so far and is still going strong.

19. Karla Lyle

Karla Lyle Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 27, 2011
    Frederick, md
    I got mine at Vapingme and they have 3 holes and 2 scales and all of them seem to be burning and have bad taste after a day or so. I would really like to get some with the 2 holes to compare them.

20. Susaz

Susaz Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Wash them, put them in alcohol and try again. Wash them thoroughly before use, otherwise they give burnt taste. Watch out for the voltage, it rarely lets you go above 4.2v

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.