Not open for further replies.

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
What this thing about calling the follower of a particular brand of mod a fan boy? Especially using it as a derogatory way, like the people that wait for a new model of GG to come out?

I know what fan boy means but what is the big deal if a group of people just happen to like the various mods that are made by one particular maker? I am proud to say that I own 6 GGs. I know that I can pick up anyone of them and have an excellent vaping experience.

Where else have you seen a mod maker who asks for design suggestions? Where else do you see a mod maker that designs his mods according to the likes of the people? Where else do you see a mod maker that is so concerned that his "Fanboys and gals" are happy with his creations?

The only one that I know of is IMEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, the mods are expensive, but to me they are worth it! The construction is solid, the craftsmanship is superior, the materials are of good quality and all of this leads to a great vaping experience!

As I lay in bed last night vaping on my GGTS, I was watching the huge plumes of vaper that I was blowing, and folks this is with PG liquid! I was not even using a hv atomizer and I was geting nice flavor and awesome vapor! The GGTS was comfortable to hold, it was attractive to look at and the knowledge that when the batteries in it died I could choose just about any battery that I wanted to replace them was a comfort.

So, if you must, call me a fan boy, but it will not stop me from buying any new GG that comes out on the market.

customsig_47718_Q7.gif

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
somewhere out there......
The last time I checked this is a forum where people can express there thoughts and comunicate with other people. And with this forum most people share a common thing either they are smokers, ex-smokers or somewhere in between but we are all looking for a device that gives us the best vaping experience to help us get our nicotine.

So whats the big deal if I choose a GG over other mods. TO me I get the best vaping experience through a GG... and those who like other mods well that is there choice for there vaping experience.

I like the button placement the most and the mechanical function of the GG. As for the looks well thats just the iceing on the cake...:)

Last edited:

Doug_Dread

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2009
Jo'burg, South Africa
None of the above posts define the posters as 'fanboys' (or fangirls ;)) in the derogatory sense. You're enthusiasts or just plain fans praising that which you love and sharing your joy.

If however, you rudely bust into someone else's thread, where they're extolling the virtues of their favourite things, rubbishing their joy because it is not your thing, then you earn the derogatory title of 'fanboy' and the unpopularity that goes with it.

I haven't followed your posts so I don't know if you've done that. Have you?

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
I am a fan boy of Gary!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary, fortunately I have the best people here, people like you that they can see clearly what is going on here.

Thanks a lot Pal:thumbs:

Thank you Imeo, that is very kind of you to say. I really do appreciate you and your work and don't mean to or want to sound like a suck up. I own 50 + mods, one day I will take pictures, and I have many favorites for different reasons, but none of them look like my GGs. Yes I like my GLV 5v for its taste, and yes I like my juice box for it innovation. But to own something like a GGTS that gives you so many battery choices and looks the way it does is unique plus its a damn good vape too.

I own a mako with all the bodys and I like that too but with the GG I do not have to switch bodies to use different batteries.

Yes, I am a collector, a vapor, and a person that appreciates the innovation and ingenuity of others, but I am also an average "Joe" who can criticize when I need to and praise when I need to.;):D

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
The last time I checked this is a forum where people can express there thoughts and comunicate with other people. And with this forum most people share a common thing either they are smokers, ex-smokers or somewhere in between but we are all looking for a device that gives us the best vaping experience to help us get our nicotine.

So whats the big deal if I choose a GG over other mods. TO me I get the best vaping experience through a GG... and those who like other mods well that is there choice for there vaping experience.

I like the button placement the most and the mechanical function of the GG. As for the looks well thats just the iceing on the cake...:)

You are quite correct Grimmer, this is America, where we are fortunate enough to be able to speak our minds without fear of retribution, for the most part through forums such as these. We are all entitled to our opinions and to be able to express them. As individuals we all look at things from our own angles and analyze them with the brains and mentalities that we have built up over the years of our lives.

I own GGs and I also own a lot of other mods, I am also giving credit where credit is do, just like you do.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
None of the above posts define the posters as 'fanboys' (or fangirls ;)) in the derogatory sense. You're enthusiasts or just plain fans praising that which you love and sharing your joy.

If however, you rudely bust into someone else's thread, where they're extolling the virtues of their favourite things, rubbishing their joy because it is not your thing, then you earn the derogatory title of 'fanboy' and the unpopularity that goes with it.

Nooooooooooo:):)

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
I have actually been trying to get caught up on some things I was naive about...

Here is my .02 worth... It may not be popular as I am only a recent GG purchaser and not a long time user....

It goes both ways... I have seen people come to your area and post things they should not but I have seen users from here go to other areas and post things they should not...

I don't want to get into who invented what 1st or who had the idea to do something 1st as that is all debatable, at best....

What I see is far to much chest pumping and look at me attitudes... Not just from the GG area, but others as well

I like a well made, hand crafted device... The GG fits that mold, but so do a select few other manufacturers...

If someone invents an idea, then great... We as vapers benefit from it... If someone else comes along and improves it, then great..... We all benefit again... The original inventor can come back and improve the improvement that was made by another and great... We all benefit again....

It's called evolution.... We all benefit from the improvements.... The creator / improver benefit from sales and pride in their work...

I just don't get it I guess.... I like GG, I like Super T, and I like the 901 over the 510 and the 801....

I can like and support more than one... To close my eyes to the GG because it like the Super T would be foolish on my part.... Or vise-versa... If I closed my eyes on Super T because I like GG would be just as foolish....

To follow and support a product and/or to support the creator is one thing... To become rabid and obtuse about is another....

I am not placing blame on GG owners, trust me... If a fanboy thread pops up in the Super T area I will post the same....

I guess I just wish people could open their eyes a little sometimes and give credit where credit is due... I will.... The GG Slim looks awesome! I think I will love it! The Super Six looks awesome and I think I will love it as well....

I will have to put them next to each other and see if the world ends... If it does not, then they both can coexist in peace and harmony on my dining room table....

My .02

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming... :)

Kris

Last edited:

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL

Doug, I have never done that, because I think that it is rude. Yes, we are all entitled to our opinions but as with everything in this world there is a time and a place for it.

There should never be a need to attack an artists creation just because we like something else and think that it is the best thing in the world. It is but our own personal opinion. I am not afraid to say on this forum that while yes I do enjoy Imeo's works, there are other pvs that I own several models of also like the copper. I want Imeo to know that I appreciate his work and that the fruits of his labor are much appreciated.

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
I am not saying that GG people are or should be considered as fan boys or fan girls, I have just read some threads about the subject. Each manufacturer has its own group of people that cluster and mainly post on their sites threads.

Lets face it, to my knowledge, of all the other mods out there, the GG has the most amount of different models, so there is a lot to talk about. Imeo also comes up with other items besides the mods to talk about like atomizers and AFS. There is a lot of interaction between Imeo and the people that frequent this forum in that he asks us our opinions, our likes and dislikes.

We just don't pester him asking him when the next new model is coming out and what it will be, we get to see it created right before our eyes!

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
My friend Raq, I will tell you the big diference here. I will explain and you will understand everything.

Its not fair for me or GG people to forget the past.
Its not fair for me and GG people to make equal all sides.
Its not fair for me and GG people to say that we did the same in other forums because we never start anything exept there is a very serious reason.

I dont like wars but if a man try e.g. to kill your wife what will you do? You will defend her. So that makes you equal to the man that attacts you because you fight back?:):)

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
I am not saying that GG people are or should be considered as fan boys or fan girls, I have just read some threads about the subject. Each manufacturer has its own group of people that cluster and mainly post on their sites threads.

Lets face it, to my knowledge, of all the other mods out there, the GG has the most amount of different models, so there is a lot to talk about. Imeo also comes up with other items besides the mods to talk about like atomizers and AFS. There is a lot of interaction between Imeo and the people that frequent this forum in that he asks us our opinions, our likes and dislikes.

We just don't pester him asking him when the next new model is coming out and what it will be, we get to see it created right before our eyes!
I agree he s very active here and that is a bonus in my book.... He does answer a TON of threads and is very in tune with what users want... I think it's great he ask for and implements users opinions...

That's one of the reasons the GG is on my very short list, and the reason I purchased one over the other mods that are available...

Kris

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
My friend Raq, I will tell you the big diference here. I will explain and you will understand everything.

Its not fair for me or GG people to forget the past.
Its not fair for me and GG people to make equal all sides.
Its not fair for me and GG people to say that we did the same in other forums because we never start anything exept there is a very serious reason.

I dont like wars but if a man try e.g. to kill your wife what will you do? You will defend her. So that makes you equal to the man that attacts you because you fight back?:):)

I agree... If people come here looking for a fight, then give it to them full bore... :)

You make a very nice product and as you are, you should be very proud of it...

Your passion for what you make is what makes me very confident that I will love my GG Slim for many years to come...

I just don't quite get the need for a fan boy thread and a Kool Aid thread all on the main page of this area...

Did something happen recently to bring this about??

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
somewhere out there......
Doug, I have never done that, because I think that it is rude. Yes, we are all entitled to our opinions but as with everything in this world there is a time and a place for it.

There should never be a need to attack an artists creation just because we like something else and think that it is the best thing in the world. It is but our own personal opinion. I am not afraid to say on this forum that while yes I do enjoy Imeo's works, there are other pvs that I own several models of also like the copper. I want Imeo to know that I appreciate his work and that the fruits of his labor are much appreciated.
I agree with this. I have seen some very well made mods in the ECF forum. I have collected some of them as well. Each and every one of them has there own unique look and function.

But I will say my favorite is the GG because it works well for me. I vape the GG with the button to the side under my middle or ring finger. With a slight grip I'm vaping in comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread