The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Fantasia E-Hookah Surfer Clone (best Piña Colada I've found)?

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by Shadus, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Shadus

Shadus Full Member Verified Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Canton, OH
    Anyone got any idea what might go into this recipe for a clone (surfer)? I'd say its somewhat similar toPiña Colada, but... not quite. It is definitely sweet, pineapple, coconut, maybe vanilla? I don't really taste rum overtones or nuttiness. It's bar none by far one of the best "Piña Colada" style vapes I've had and from a disposable no less. It ~has~ to have vg in it, the clouds are pretty intense for a disposable.

I tried a 50/50 pg/vg mix with 20% strength in a 3:2:1 pineapple, coconut, vanilla ratio, but it's way off. I've been pondering maybe adding some sucrose to the mix and upping pineapple and coconut again... but I'm largely guessing.

Ideas or suggestions for a newbie?

2. mgmixology

mgmixology Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Apr 29, 2013
    Bellevue, NE
    when trying to match flavors or clone something
    It is a very long process...u need to start at the bottom and work up as slowly as you can
    starting at lets say 20% is never going to work.
    flavor matching sometimes need to be done in .05% increments at a time.
    Also there is many of variables in the differences of certain vendors and their "extracts"
    pineapple (A) can be much different then pineapple (B) for short..
    hope this helps!

*edit - Sometimes the path of matching a flavor is much better if that path is changed into making a BETTER flavor ;)

3. Shadus

Aug 29, 2013
    Canton, OH
    I'm perfectly fine with developing my own flavor for it as long as it's good, that particular one is just... really really good, or at least of the other 3-4 PC verisons I've tried, it is by far the best.

may need some rum come to think of it... hmm... Maybe i'll pick up some more pineapple and coconut flavorings and see what I can come up with. Always open to suggestions on a particular juice if someone has a/knows of a very good version as well.

4. sidetrack

sidetrack Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 1, 2011
    among the sea shells
    I am hoping you made a mistake by saying sucrose:blink: when it should be sucralose. Sucrose is regular white table sugar and sucralose is an artificial sweetener made in a lab. Good luck in your clone quest!

5. Shadus

Aug 29, 2013
    Canton, OH
    >_> I did in fact make a mistake saying it, I meant the artificial sweetener, not table sugar... that would make a very big very atomizer ruining mess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.