The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Electronic Cigarettes

Discussion in 'New Members Information' started by kristin, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. chooky

chooky Full Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Ohio
    Just got my E cigarette in the mail today...........Now I have the Atomized cartridges in menthol and figured how to put them on. (Bought the complete set with some extras so I was confused big time looking at all of this stuff!) Anyhow...............if you use an e juice............do you fill an empty cartridge? One that has already been vaped? The instructions I got with the set were pretty limited...........! I mean I have been lurking on this board for a while, took the jump and finally bought one, but still have alot of questions. I got the 4081 DeuceII set.............

2. Koman

Koman Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2010
    lv
    Check the manuals I think it was mentioned there. Also, try searching the site with search function on "empty cartridges" or something.

3. I Stelfer I

I Stelfer I Full Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN

You shouldn't put Citric acid in juice. Or any acid for that matter.

4. liquor

liquor Moved On

Jun 5, 2009
    china
    just can't unserstand the words, crowded and confused

5. HXCBF2121

HXCBF2121 Full Member

Dec 21, 2009
    USA
    I'm a Newport smoker what's the best juice to go with

6. cnimngrl

cnimngrl Full Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Kansas

A coworker of mine got this model a few days ago. I refilled the cart for her with some cheesecake flavored. She also complained that it wasn't getting enough vapor so I looked things up and found your post. I have also discovered on my own that if you overfill a cart you won't get vapor or get very little vapor until it dries out a bit. So after I refilled her cart, she was getting hardly any vapor at all. I took a paper towell, twisted it at a corner and stuck it down in the end of the cart until it pulled out some of the e juice. Then I did what you suggested and put a couple of drops of water in it. Then I shook it down aggressively until the fiber absorbed it, made sure it wasn't too wet again and put it all back together. Voila! It works great. This model won't get the vapor that you'd probably get off a 510 but it's a goodly amount once you get the proper balance of wetness inside the cart. Alot better model than my E8 I can tell ya! I'm getting the KR808d-1 in soon and it is very similar to this model. I'm hoping it works as good or better. Hope this helps!

7. deb5544

deb5544 New Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Alabama
    I just got my kit and I am having a problem already. I get a lot of vapor if I do not inhale but when I inhale there is not vapor on exhale. Does that mean it is staying in my lung. I am afraid to use it now. I ahve never had this problem before with other e-cigs.

8. Lau517

Lau517 Full Member Verified Member

Mar 1, 2010
    ex ANALOG KID in nh
    This has been the most helpful thread BY FAR for this newbie! Thank you SO much. :)

9. ifire

ifire New Member

Mar 10, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    Hey all, I'm a total noob to e-cigs, I just had a question, the Envy Bliss and Njoy Npro appear to be the same size, are the parts compatible? I have done a small bit of research but I can't find anything about the "generic" version of the Npro. I am aware the Envy is basically a m403 but not sure of the Npro.

(I ask because I am the "instant gratification" type of person and don't want to wait for shipping just to try out something.) Thanks in advance!

10. lulubell360

lulubell360 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2010
    Gulf Shores, AL
    I have a battery that is not working & not that old. The charger says it is charged & I know it is not the charge because I have 2 others that work. It will not do anything when attached to atty. won't light up @ all. I tried cleaning it by just wiping the atty end & set it up overnight on an alcohol soaked napkin as I had read that was a remedy somewhere else on this forum. Any suggestions would be great!

11. summerkari
    This message by summerkari has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Nov 8, 2010, Reason: Unregistered supplier.
    Mar 22, 2010
  12. Ragamuffin

Ragamuffin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2010
    US
    Hello, everyone. I am really just posting to hit my limit as a new member, but wanted to say thanks because I am learning so much here just reading and searching through the posts. I have started vaping just recently, like Thursday, March 25. That was the first day with absolutely no analogs at all, and haven't had one since. I am however getting frustrated, but not ready to give up on the ecigs at all. I am more satisfied with the nicotine satisfaction feeling with the ecigs than I was with the regular cigarettes. Don't know why that is, but I actually crave the nicotine less with the ecigs than before. I guess all that awful tar and junk in the real cigs made it harder to hold onto the nicotine high. Don't know really. Just can't stand the smoking cigs anymore. And couldn't breath. My job requires me to lift, walk, bend and generally be very physically ready to move all the time. With smoking, it was getting hard just to get across the parking lot in the morning. Now, I can vape in the bathroom on my break and no one knows! And I feel so much better.

A word of warning if anyone cares: Stay away from the Chantix. I have tried it three seperate times, and it works. Very well actually, to keep you from smoking. But you'll die from the depression and suicidal thoughts that follow it. Just my two cents, but I think it needs to come off the market really. I thought since I had taken it before, I could do it again and was "prepared" for what would come, upped my regular anti-depressant with my doc's approval and overseeing it, but it was the worst depression I"ve ever experienced. And I wish I hadn't spent the $140 on it this time around. Could have bought a great new ecig set-up with that. Luckily, I got a bonus check at work the same time I quit the Chantix and decided to go with the ecigs. Yeah me. And I don't feel one bit guilty about spending money on this stuff. It is helping me not smoke, and I can see being able to stop vaping eventually too. If I feel like it:) We'll see. I'm just concentrating on finding the combo I like for now. Think I will be ordering a Tornado and some 510 cartomizers, don't like all the fussin' with this stuff too much, but need to find a good recipe to refill them with, and I'm good to go. Thanks for all your posts that are helping so many of us get away from tobacco and give our money to them every week. I'd rather breath and keep some of my money, thank you very much.

Have a good day.
    Rags

13. lin_2008
    This message by lin_2008 has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Mar 29, 2010.
    Mar 29, 2010
  14. carlos zuleta

carlos zuleta New Member

Mar 23, 2010
    United states
    Get lots of useful information!
    Thanks you guys!

15. lulubell360

lulubell360 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2010
    Gulf Shores, AL
    Ragamuffin welcome. Is'nt it funny how fda & others are putting down e cigs when real cigs are known to kill & certain DRUGS can make you suicidal? Don't give up. I have been vaping for 2 mos. & have no regrets. There is still so much I do not knowl. I am still having atty problems but it's a learning process. Stick with it.

16. RepEC51
    This message by RepEC51 has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Apr 1, 2010, Reason: unregistered supplier/associate.
    Apr 1, 2010
  17. waylos

waylos Full Member

Feb 24, 2010
    SD
    Sounds like a bad battery. I had this problem, but was desperate! What happens if you tap the end of it (where the light it?)

With mine, if I flick it really hard where the light is, it comes on... so it acts like a manual battery. I just pretty much know that the battery is dead, but at least it works when I need it to. Let me know if that helps.

18. kashmoney

kashmoney Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2010
    USA
    Has anyone bought liquid or hardware from a China store called Lightinthebox.com? Their prices for liquid are very attractive to someone on a budget like me.

19. crashinbrn

crashinbrn Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 21, 2010
    south-east Texas
    if you are willing to wait. it must go thru customs before it gets to you.
    yea they do have good prices......BUT.

20. MrsCK598

MrsCK598 Full Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Woburn, MA
    I'm mixing cotton candy and blueberry cheesecake right now and it's killing the urge to dig into my son's easter basket! lol

21. MrsCK598

MrsCK598 Full Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Woburn, MA
    I heard the same thing about the chantix - my sister in law tried it and she was having freaky dreams big time

22. MrsCK598

MrsCK598 Full Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Woburn, MA
    SO I have an atomizer that has stopped working after taking the 'string' thing out of it - did I ruin it forever?

23. candre23

candre23 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2010
    NJ
    Not completely. It won't work well with cartridges, but you should still be able to drip with it. Unless by "stopped working" you mean you broke the atty coil when you pulled the strings out. In that case, it's toast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.