Faster way to charge the Dial-a-volt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vega

Moved On
Jul 27, 2012
Atlanta
I've read several comments about the dial a volt taking too long to charge with v4l's standard 808 charger and had a thought. When smokeless image and bloog came out with their ego style 808 threaded batteries, they also started selling chargers with a higher mah output to charge the batteries faster. Is there any reason why v4l wouldn't simply come out with a similar higher mah charging option? In any event, I can't see a problem with buying a problem with buying the SI or bloog charger to charge the dial a volt faster than 12 hours! Can anyone talk me out of this logic?

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Vega (sir or Ms.?) have a couple of good reasons why, and all result in the same issue. Quick chargers have the highest fail rate of any charger out there, while steps have been made to improve this over the years, it's still not 100%. Using a charger not meant for a specific battery makes it worse. If you use bloog's or SI's small charger with V4L batts it overcharges them, what makes you think it will be any different with the fast chargers on V4L's bigger batteries? Personally wouldn't risk it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread