Fave Juice Discontinued - Any Recs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LovesButtercups

Feb 26, 2015
TN, USA
Hey, Everybody!

I'm throwing a hail mary here in hopes of finding a replacement for my fave juice. I have been on and off the vape wagon several times, always falling off because I wasn't strong enough to stay off the cigs while my husband was still smoking like a chimney. From the very first try six years ago, the only juice I've ever really liked was Eastwood by Indigo Vapor. It's all I've consistently vaped during my times on the wagon.

Now, finally my husband is quitting! We haven't had a cigarette in a week now, after dual using for about a month while tapering off the smokes. He has found his juice of choice, which is awesome. However, Indigo Vapor has gone out of business, and I'm not sure what I'm going to do! I still have some stash left, but I'm getting anxious about finding a replacement. I've tried a few tobacco flavors (mostly salts, because that's all anyone sells anymore) and they are ENTIRELY too sweet. They taste okay at first, but after a day or so, it's just too much for me. The last one I tried literally gave me a belly ache, like I ate too much candy or something (probably all in my head, but still...just can't do it). I did find one flavor I liked but OMG it was so STRONG...it only came in a 50mg salt, and vaping that stuff felt like getting kicked in the chest by a mule, so that was a no-go.

I figure if nothing else, I could always vape unflavored juice or salts (or maybe go all "mad scientist" and try to figure out how to mix unflavored with the super sweet ones to make them more tolerable). But, I really do LOVE me some Eastwood. Does anyone know of any juice/salt that is even remotely similar in flavor?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Superuser187

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
2.00% Acetyl Pyrazine 5% (TPA)
1.00% Caramel (Caramello) (FA)
2.00% Graham Cracker (Flavorah)
1.00% Hongtashan (Black Fire) (FE)
5.00% Soho (FA)
1.00% Tobacco Gold Ducat-INAWERA
2.00% Tobacco Symphony (INAWERA)
0.25% Vanilla (Wanilia) Flavor (INAWERA)

Flavor total: 14.25%

Eastwood Clone
If you diy eliquid

ETA having problems inserting the link

Last edited:

LovesButtercups

Feb 26, 2015
TN, USA
WOW...Ask, and you shall receive! :thumbs: I had tried Googling for a recipe, but had no luck. I probably didn't put in the "right" keywords.

I never really gave much thought to mixing my own because I figured I would just end up with a huge mess. Looks like I may have to jump down the DIY rabbit hole and give this a shot (if I still can).

Thank you!

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Getting nicotine is still possible but getting harder. If you do decide to make your own, stock up on all the nicotine you can while you still can. You will need several liters if you want to stay in for the long haul. 100mg/ml strength is what you need and you'll also need to calculate your usage to determine how much nicotine to stock up on. And obviously double that as there are 2 of you vaping.

LovesButtercups

Feb 26, 2015
TN, USA
I don’t have a lot of freezer space, but my mom lives nearby and has a big deep freezer. She would probably lend me some space. She vapes too, so maybe I could make her some juice as “rent”. I’ve got a lot of reading up to do, tons of info here on DIY.

My mom turned me on to vaping, actually. She smoked 2+ packs a day for 50 years, and quit using Chantix. But, when my dad died, she had a very hard time and her anxiety was through the roof. She picked up vaping instead of going back to cigarettes, and always tries to “gently” convert smokers any chance she gets.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
WOW...Ask, and you shall receive! :thumbs: I had tried Googling for a recipe, but had no luck. I probably didn't put in the "right" keywords.

I never really gave much thought to mixing my own because I figured I would just end up with a huge mess. Looks like I may have to jump down the DIY rabbit hole and give this a shot (if I still can).

Thank you!

I found the recipe on a site named
e-liquid-recipes . com
Just type Eastwood Clone in the search. I'm sorry I don't know why I have not been unable to insert the links to it here.
There is a lot of DIY help to be found here and if you have any questions ask away. Members are always more than happy to help and point you in the right direction. We need to rely on each other even more these days :)

Roneraven

May 30, 2021
Hey, Everybody!

I'm throwing a hail mary here in hopes of finding a replacement for my fave juice. I have been on and off the vape wagon several times, always falling off because I wasn't strong enough to stay off the cigs while my husband was still smoking like a chimney. From the very first try six years ago, the only juice I've ever really liked was Eastwood by Indigo Vapor. It's all I've consistently vaped during my times on the wagon.

Now, finally my husband is quitting! We haven't had a cigarette in a week now, after dual using for about a month while tapering off the smokes. He has found his juice of choice, which is awesome. However, Indigo Vapor has gone out of business, and I'm not sure what I'm going to do! I still have some stash left, but I'm getting anxious about finding a replacement. I've tried a few tobacco flavors (mostly salts, because that's all anyone sells anymore) and they are ENTIRELY too sweet. They taste okay at first, but after a day or so, it's just too much for me. The last one I tried literally gave me a belly ache, like I ate too much candy or something (probably all in my head, but still...just can't do it). I did find one flavor I liked but OMG it was so STRONG...it only came in a 50mg salt, and vaping that stuff felt like getting kicked in the chest by a mule, so that was a no-go.

I figure if nothing else, I could always vape unflavored juice or salts (or maybe go all "mad scientist" and try to figure out how to mix unflavored with the super sweet ones to make them more tolerable). But, I really do LOVE me some Eastwood. Does anyone know of any juice/salt that is even remotely similar in flavor?

Thanks in advance!
Congrats to both of you for being off for a week I always tell people if you want to quit by vaping it’s a lot easier if you can find a flavor/juice you love!:)

DIY can seem VERY overwhelming and intimidating at first but don’t let it stress you, it’s actually pretty simple especially if your just following recipes! Like others have said, it’s hard to find someone NOT willing to help in the diy realm;)

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    List of US Retailers Still Shipping 100mg Nicotine Base | E-Cigarette Forum

Thank you!

I don’t have a lot of freezer space, but my mom lives nearby and has a big deep freezer. She would probably lend me some space. She vapes too, so maybe I could make her some juice as “rent”. I’ve got a lot of reading up to do, tons of info here on DIY.

My mom turned me on to vaping, actually. She smoked 2+ packs a day for 50 years, and quit using Chantix. But, when my dad died, she had a very hard time and her anxiety was through the roof. She picked up vaping instead of going back to cigarettes, and always tries to “gently” convert smokers any chance she gets.

LovesButtercups

Feb 26, 2015
    TN, USA
    Thanks again, everybody! Hubs and I are still not smoking, so we're hanging in there. I figured we'd have tried to murder each other by now but it hasn't been that bad!

To be honest, I've never really been keen on the idea of DIY, but after visiting a few vape shops, I think I'm going to have to take the plunge whether I wanted to or not.

For one thing, it seems you can't find very many tobacco flavors. If I can find them at all, they're entirely too sweet or WAY too strong. It seems most shops carry very little other than nic salts these days, and they only seem to come in either 50 mg or 24 mg. As far as "regular" e-liquid, it's hard to find anything higher than 6 mg, which isn't near enough for me right now. I probably sound like Goldilocks, being so picky. :unsure:

I stopped in one local shop and they had nothing but salts. NOTHING. When I asked about "regular" eliquid, he looked at me like I had two heads. When I mentioned freebase eliquid, he asked me if that was a brand name because he'd never heard of it. I found that a little alarming, but then again, maybe it's me? I may not be using the right terminology. I haven't been in very many brick and mortar shops for a long time because I was buying my juice online, so I feel like a big dummy when I walk into a shop these days!

Anyway...enough complaining lol. I've been super busy with work and on weekends lately, but this weekend I plan on plunking myself down in front of the computer and learning about DIY. Lots of stuff I still need to read on ECF, for sure! There are also several videos I want to watch (I've already watched a few on DIY or Die that made me feel a little less anxious about trying to learn this stuff). And, you folks have all helped me feel better about it, too - I really do appreciate that.

I figure I've already saved enough money from not smoking in the last three weeks that I can afford to get a lot of the ingredients that I need, so I think (hope) I'm almost ready to get going! :thumbs:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    To be honest, I've never really been keen on the idea of DIY, but after visiting a few vape shops, I think I'm going to have to take the plunge whether I wanted to or not.

There's a video at the end of the post in the link I supplied above. Might be helpful. The thing about making eliquid is that getting recipes right is the hardest part. The less flavors in an eliquid, the easier it is. For instance, I'm a one-flavor juice pony - the only juices I make are ones that only take one flavor, so the hardest part was figuring what % of flavoring to use to suit my taste. But once I figure that out, smooth sailing.

For one thing, it seems you can't find very many tobacco flavors. If I can find them at all, they're entirely too sweet or WAY too strong

Tobacco is a rabbit hole that many never find their way out of. My suggestion is to look to non-tobacco flavors you love and try to get your mind off of finding that "perfect tobacco flavor". Some find it, many don't. Make a list of all the foods, spices and drinks you and your husband love, and look into making juices with those flavors.

Anyway...enough complaining lol. I've been super busy with work and on weekends lately, but this weekend I plan on plunking myself down in front of the computer and learning about DIY. Lots of stuff I still need to read on ECF, for sure! There are also several videos I want to watch (I've already watched a few on DIY or Die that made me feel a little less anxious about trying to learn this stuff). And, you folks have all helped me feel better about it, too - I really do appreciate that.

From what I have been reading on this forum from the experience of others, local vape shops, at least in the USA, are almost worthless places to go to learn about anything, unless all you want to learn is how to vape on a pod system and how to keep buying expensive juice. Most have seemed to become pod & nic salt emporiums. You will find limited help, if any, in these pod emporiums. Vape shops staffed with old-school vapers are few and far between from what I'm seeing. These shops will hire just about anyone with a pulse who vapes and many of those will likely not have any experience beyond pod vaping. The internet is the only place to go for useful vaping information anymore, for the most part. And as far as DIY, you will find it impossible to find a vape shop where you can buy DIY supplies or get any help on DIY, that's not what they are in business to for.

LovesButtercups

Feb 26, 2015
    TN, USA
    Tobacco is a rabbit hole that many never find their way out of. My suggestion is to look to non-tobacco flavors you love and try to get your mind off of finding that "perfect tobacco flavor". Some find it, many don't. Make a list of all the foods, spices and drinks you and your husband love, and look into making juices with those flavors.

Yeah, I think I'm beginning to see that. I had no idea there were that many different tobacco flavors!

I haven't really given non-tobacco flavors much of a chance. When I first started, I found Indigo Vapor and really liked it. I also ordered a few flavors from Mt. Baker Vapor (mostly fruity stuff, maybe one that was supposed to taste like cake or something) and they just weren't that great. But, at that time, neither was the vape gear! I think I had a vision spinner battery and an Evod tank, maybe? It was a long time ago so I can't remember for sure. Seems like I wasted more juice in leaky tanks than I ever got to actually use. I was dual using but quickly ran out of patience for vaping since I was having to clean up leaked eliquid out of my purse, car, etc. so often. I attempted vaping again later, with much better batteries and tanks - I picked right up with Indigo Vapor again, and it seemed like it tasted a hundred times better than it had before. Since I liked it so well, I didn't bother experimenting with trying other flavors. I guess I figured if it wasn't broke, why try to fix it? LOL

My stash is dwindling fast, so I'm going to have to just get over it and start moving out of my comfort zone. At least with DIY, I should be able to mix the nicotine strength that I want, instead of settling for what I can find. I also hope to control the sweetness (or lack thereof) in my juice. That is, once I figure out what I'm doing - I'm sure I'll make some spectacular mistakes along the way!

Reactions: Roneraven

LovesButtercups

Feb 26, 2015
    TN, USA
    Nic has been ordered, along with a scale. Now I’m looking at glass bottles. I ordered two 1000 ml bottles of nic base…any suggestions on how I should split that up to freeze? Seems like they all come in multi-packs, so I thought maybe 8 oz bottles would be okay? If I stored the base in larger bottles, seems I’d be dragging them in and out of the freezer more often. But, several smaller bottles may be more of a pain as far as freezer space…

Do I need to freeze the “plain” PG/VG too, or can I just shove it inside a dark closet in the plastic bottle that it comes in?

Sorry I’m asking so many questions - I do tend to overthink things lol.

• Love
    Reactions: Opinionated

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Nic has been ordered, along with a scale. Now I’m looking at glass bottles. I ordered two 1000 ml bottles of nic base…any suggestions on how I should split that up to freeze? Seems like they all come in multi-packs, so I thought maybe 8 oz bottles would be okay? If I stored the base in larger bottles, seems I’d be dragging them in and out of the freezer more often. But, several smaller bottles may be more of a pain as far as freezer space…

Do I need to freeze the “plain” PG/VG too, or can I just shove it inside a dark closet in the plastic bottle that it comes in?

Sorry I’m asking so many questions - I do tend to overthink things lol.

I keep 250 ml of nic base out of the freezer all the time...that lasts me a year or two and doesn't turn. I use 8 ounce glass amber bottles otherwise.

PG and VG doesn't need to be frozen.

Flavors you may consider keeping refrigerated, but not all manufacturers recommend that so check with the manufacturer of your flavors (Medicine Flower I know doesn't recommend refrigeration for their products), but they all need stored in a cool dark place.

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
    Dec 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    My heart goes out to you, having to get prepared when things are getting scarce. I know you've said you tried some non-tobacco flavors from Mount Baker Vapor, but they have one called "coumarin pipe" that is a wonderful, unusual tobacco flavor I used to rotate when I was trying 150 flavors in search of my ADV. Also ECBlends has one called "Cuban Gold" which is supposed to be a cigar flavor, but I found it to be a very satisfying cigarette approximation. Also, but I don't remember where I bought it, earl gray tea flavor somehow gives that dry, tobacco reminiscence, or at least, it did for me. I found nothing tasted just like a cigarette, but there were things that gave me, somehow, a satisfactory substitution. Clove became my adv in the end.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread