Favorite atty/carto on the Grand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilgrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Orlando
So far, I've tried 510 atty, 306 atty, KR-808D1 cartomizers (2.5ohm and 2.0ohm.)

306 atomizer is my favorite. I love the sound it makes, like sizzling bacon, and then punchy hits and clouds of vapor I get. The 510s work well too, but I think I prefer the 306. I have some 801s en route from avidvaper to test those out. The cartos work fine too, but I prefer attys.

So, what's your "weapon" of choice? 808, 801, 901, 510, 306, other?

Evilgrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Orlando
In my limited experience I would have to say cartos. If I use an atty I get zero taste from it.

Really? Interesting. I get far more taste from the attys than the cartos. In fact, of what I've tried, I'd rank them :

1) Cisco 306 2.0ohm atomizer
2) Cisco 510 2.0ohm atomizer
3) Cisco 510 1.7ohm atomizer
4) Ikenvape 2.0ohm Mega LR KR808 cartos
5) Bloog MaxxFusion 2.5ohm KR808 cartos

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
In my limited experience I would have to say cartos. If I use an atty I get zero taste from it.

Strange, I feel you give up a bit of flavor with a carto ... but its super simple and worth it sometimes.

Cisco 510 @ 2.0Ω gives the best flavor IMO.
(with exception of IKV 2Ω 801)

I don't get jack for flavor with a 1.5Ω 306 Cisco though and some people think they are the best.

I guess its all subjective, and the flavor/type of juice makes a big difference !!

Evilgrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Orlando
I have not tried a 306 atty, would I just need a adapter for that? I have Cisco 510 LR 2.0, and standard 510. I tried a 510 cartomizer. So far I am liking the Cisco 510LR at 2.0.

No adapter needed, the native connection for the REO holds a 306. You'd just need the atomizers, and the 510 drip tip (if you use them) won't fit on a 306, so you'd have to sink a couple bucks into a 306 drip tip.

dopeh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2011
Montreal
My favorites (all Cisco):

Woodvil, 2 ohm 510
Mini, 1.5 ohm 306

Yep, same. Grand gets a 2ohm 510.

Mudflap, that needle adapter help much? I found the 801s leaky and a pain to feed - always too wet or too dry. I'd get 1 gurgly flooded hit, 1 good hit, then burnt taste after that lol.. though I'm talking about a 1.5 cisco. The IKV mini 2.0 was airy for me - maybe the needle adapter helps

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Yep, same. Grand gets a 2ohm 510.

Mudflap, that needle adapter help much? I found the 801s leaky and a pain to feed - always too wet or too dry. I'd get 1 gurgly flooded hit, 1 good hit, then burnt taste after that lol.. though I'm talking about a 1.5 cisco. The IKV mini 2.0 was airy for me - maybe the needle adapter helps

The 801 Mini is a tricky beastie. The needle adapter is nice, but really stiffens the draw with 100% VG juice. I have the best results with my 50/50 juices, and I've got to be careful how I feed the atty. It's easy to flood and get some juice in your mouth. If you're happy with 510 threaded attys, stick with those.

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
The 801 Mini is a tricky beastie. The needle adapter is nice, but really stiffens the draw with 100% VG juice. I have the best results with my 50/50 juices, and I've got to be careful how I feed the atty. It's easy to flood and get some juice in your mouth. If you're happy with 510 threaded attys, stick with those.

Mudflap, there are some posted on the trade thread. Just saying :)

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
IKV 801 2 ohm mini on 801 native Woody with Super T 801 tube to 510 DT adapter. There is a continuous learning curve with the 801s and some juices, though. I tried an IKV 2.5 Semi on it, and even with an IMR battery, the vape is too cool.

I like the Grands with 5 volt battery (custom Ni-mH cells stacked and encased) and IKV 2.5 Mini or Semi. I drop the ohm down to 2ish, or a little below with 3.7 HD batteries. Because we get so spoiled with the vape time using 18650 it's good to have more than one Reo going when you use the 5 volt batteries because they don't last as long as the Li-ion protected or the High Drain (IMR).

Mini, depending on juice an LR 306 or 510 2 ohm with sweet juices or 1.5 or so LR 306 or 510 with more tobacco type juices.

Alice

Angler

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Ausable River
;I like the Grands with 5 volt battery (custom Ni-mH cells stacked and encased) and IKV 2.5 Mini or Semi. I drop the ohm down to 2ish, or a little below with 3.7 HD batteries. Because we get so spoiled with the vape time using 18650 it's good to have more than one Reo going when you use the 5 volt batteries because they don't last as long as the Li-ion protected or the High Drain (IMR).;

What batteries do you use "westamyx" to get 5 volt. I've got a Woodvil comeing that was shipped yesterday and I've been trying to figure out which atty's to use but I was only thinking of 3.7 and 6 volt. I would look for some atty's for 5 volt if I could find the batteries

Sorry I didn't get your quote right. I haven't figured this out yet.

Last edited:

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
What batteries do you use "westamyx" to get 5 volt. I've got a Woodvil comeing that was shipped yesterday and I've been trying to figure out which atty's to use but I was only thinking of 3.7 and 6 volt. I would look for some atty's for 5 volt if I could find the batteries

This is the battery she was talking about. It can only be charged with this charger.

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
;I like the Grands with 5 volt battery (custom Ni-mH cells stacked and encased) and IKV 2.5 Mini or Semi. I drop the ohm down to 2ish, or a little below with 3.7 HD batteries. Because we get so spoiled with the vape time using 18650 it's good to have more than one Reo going when you use the 5 volt batteries because they don't last as long as the Li-ion protected or the High Drain (IMR).;

Sorry I didn't get your quote right. I haven't figured this out yet.

Hi Angler....
Click on Reply With Quote. Then put the curser below the quoted materials and type what you want...then Post Quick Reply. No worries, you'll get it soon enough. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread