Status
Not open for further replies.

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
I can't bring myself to name just one band as my ultimate favorite. I can mention a few bands that have only rarely put out music that I don't love, though. But, since no band can be perfect all the time, I can't really fault them for an occasional sub-par song or three, especially if their catalog stretches beyond 10 or 15 years.

Anyway, here's my short list of bands fitting that description:
NOFX, Led Zeppelin, Cake, Red Hot Chili Peppers, A Tribe Called Quest, The Doors

I can also throw together a short list of bands that come close, but whose quality dropped off too much later in their careers:
The Cure: I'm a huge fan of all their music up to and including the Disintegration album.
Pink Floyd: Love, love, love all their albums up to and including The Wall.
Electric Light Orchestra: Their albums up to and including Out of the Blue are all nearly perfect.

And then I suppose there are some "honorable mention" bands who always seem to put out great music, but slip up a bit too frequently to get top honors:
KMFDM, Queens of the Stone Age, Foo Fighters, System of a Down

I guess that's about it, off the top of my head. :)

zara1269

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2010
Ohio
I've been spending so much time with this community, wanted to do something to share more about myself (and learn about you).

My favorite band is Queens Of The Stone Age.

I sort of saw them in 2003 when they were the opening act for the Chili Peppers on the By the Way tour. I said, "Sort of saw them" b/c the group I was with was too busy smoking our cigarettes outside the pavillion so we could have our fix before RHCP took the stage. Now with vaping I could have enjoyed their show more.

Scarlet Fire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2010
Terrapin
The Grateful Dead
Phil Lesh and Friends
Phish
The Flaming Lips
Joan Osborne
Widespread Panic
The Cowboy Junkies
Gov't Mule
Little Feat
BB King
Ben Harper
Pink Floyd
John Prine
Johnny Cash
The Beatles
Rusted Root
The String Cheese Incident
U2
Bonnie Raitt
The Dave Matthews Band

And many many more...:)

Dave P.- I'm with you on Warren Haynes. The man is super-human. I've never seen him off his game, even with the insane schedule he keeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread