Favorite battery...and mAh rating

Status
Not open for further replies.

lithiumdaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
I purchased a bombshell and one 18650 2400 mAh li-on and I seem to favor my AW 17650 1600 mAh li-on better. Does anyone feel that a 18650 with 2400 or greater mAh li-on works great at first then lags about after it starts to drop in voltage before the PCB cuts the battery off? I mean does the 18650 run for a long time with out suitable voltage or drag on and on till it dies completely. I think irregardlous of brand, maybe both should be around 1600 mAh and just have two??? Just a hypothesis but want a opinion... thanx, richie

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
lol. Yeah, all batteries have a "curve" to them They start out at 4.2 volts, hover +/- around 3.6 /3.7 volts for quite a bit, then drop down to cut-off voltage.

The way to handle the problem is to use a voltage regulator. That takes XX volts in, and makes it exactly X volts out. They are in mods. And you're correct, it uses two batteries (in series tho). Stays the same voltage the whole time until the very last bit.

Check for vv mods, or even fixed 5 volt mods. If you want to stay at 3.x volts, vv is the way to go for you.

And... brands to vary in their performance a bit. High drain batteries in particular.

Last edited:

4mehealth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2011
canada
Are you referring to the IMR 18650 1600 mAh? I'm not familiar with the voltage dropoffs in IMR's.

I can't really comment (just post whoring I guess) as I haven't used any IMR batts yet. I'm quite content with my 18650 2400mAh batts. Last me well over a day. Although now that I'm using LR, it sure don't hit in the evenings like it does in the mornings (obviously).

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread