Favorite juice for throat hit? (12mg nic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted a similar topic in the e-liquid discussion thread, but it had no replies. Hopefully this isn't annoying. My first purchases were 18mg nic strength and now i've had a few more samples in 12mg strength that just didn't quite cut it. So, does anyone have some good suggestions for me? Has anyone tried 6mg or non nicotine with any throat hit at all? I figure that last part is impossible, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
with 0mg its is nearly impossible to notice and th as the nic is the biggest contributor to it. however two juices that will simulate some type of th is cinnamon and strong menthol's. also fire and ice might be a good juice as its a blend of the two mentioned flavors.

also was the 18 and 12 mg too strong or were you not noticing th at those levels. I chain vape about 10mls a day. pretty much as long as i dont have my helmet on while riding and cant feel th at 18mg but when i get the need for th i simply use a bit of 24mg.

gadiwhat

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2012
California
With 0 nicotine you don't feel a th at all. If i were you I'd bump it up to 18 or 24mg. In my experience i usually just bump the voltage a little bit to feel some th. I usually vape 10-12mg nic. I found 24mg to be too much and that's coming from someone who used to smoke Newport's last year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Nah. Miscommunication. 18mg liquids were great for TH, but we all start vaping for health reasons, so if you can cut back on nicotine, why not? So, I picked up the 12mgs and lost the throat hit. I'm not a huge fan of cinnamon or menthol, but it looks like if I want to stick with the lower nic levels I'll have to pick up a few. and I will also have stock of the 18mg liquids for the nights I'm drinking :)

Thomasis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2012
Somewhere on top of the world
Have you tried upping your voltage? Using Low-Res Atomizers/Cartos? It'd be really helpful to know what gear your using :)

I agree, not knowing what your currently using for equipment won't help except for what was already mentioned with cinnamon and menthol additives. I was a pad smoker and non menthol only for 20 years. Iv'e been vaping for about 2 months and I have been going through a phase where I'm putting mint (not always menthol) and different kinds of mints in with my daily vape juice and love it. This has helped me with the TH when using lower nic juices. Spearmint with the right quantity WILL knock you off your but. 2 drops of spearmint in 3 mils of ejuice is REALLY noticable on the throat hit. But back to point, without knowing what equipment your using, there are other possibilities you might be able to try first.

Thomasis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2012
I use a variable volt called the Vector with boge 510 2.0ohms cartomizers... usually sticking around 3.7volts, but will go up to 4.0, and I also use boge 510 3.0 ohms atties, usually sticking around 4.5volts, but will try up to 4.8 volts.

Sounds like you have decent equipment(VV). I would suggest trying a vivi-nova tank and see how you like it. The coil is higher up on the Vivi compared to the boge and comes with a 1.8 coil. It will be a warmer vape and in my opinion a crisper vape, no better on the TH but not worse either. I think your going to have to but some mints or menthols in it though.

I agree, not knowing what your currently using for equipment won't help except for what was already mentioned with cinnamon and menthol additives. I was a pad smoker and non menthol only for 20 years. Iv'e been vaping for about 2 months and I have been going through a phase where I'm putting mint (not always menthol) and different kinds of mints in with my daily vape juice and love it. This has helped me with the TH when using lower nic juices. Spearmint with the right quantity WILL knock you off your but. 2 drops of spearmint in 3 mils of ejuice is REALLY noticable on the throat hit. But back to point, without knowing what equipment your using, there are other possibilities you might be able to try first.

I responded with my equipment before you posted... also, I'm not really concerned I'm doing anything wrong. Maybe I should rephrase the question. What are some of your favorite juices for throat hit while keeping a relatively low nic level (perhaps without the addition of menthol or cinnamon, which I will try soon)?

Thomasis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2012
I responded with my equipment before you posted... also, I'm not really concerned I'm doing anything wrong. Maybe I should rephrase the question. What are some of your favorite juices for throat hit while keeping a relatively low nic level (perhaps without the addition of menthol or cinnamon, which I will try soon)?

I would also suggest some citris flavors. VapeDudes has one called Citrus Burst from their "naturals" line of ejuice that has decent TH.
Lemons, oranges have decent TH but I tend to get burnt out pretty quick on those.

BlkWolfMidnight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2012
Virginia
Hum,

Throat hit is a combination of factors...mostly would depend on which one you classify as falling in to.
Nic- scratchy feeling at the back of the throat, of course increasing this will increase the throat hit...dangerous to toy around really as I'd stick to the lowest possible nic level you are comfortable with.
PG- Again is a carrier for the juice, also has about the same effect on the throat as Nic. The higher the PG the more you'll notice the Throat Hit.
Vapor Production (VP)- More vapor, more throat hit....pretty easy to describe as the density of the vapor will result in a higher absorption of the ingredients.
Heat- Warmer vape seems to have a higher TH then lower temp vape. If you want to experiment you could play with a higher wattage (8-10 watts) or so. This may produce the desired results. Note that it will change the taste of E-Liquids though. Just a result of superheating the liquid.

Experiment really is how you find that middle ground, you could try an 80 PG/ 20 VG mixture to see if this helps. I suspect that it will change the TH that you receive.

Hope this helps :)

Thomasis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2012
Ok, I'm getting worried. I just ordered my first ever e-cig kit. An apollo eGo ce4. I also ordered a 24mg ry4 EL. I used to smoke camel and/or B&H.... should I be worried about too much of a th?

I would suggest getting some more flavors and lower nic levels on order. In the meantime, just take smaller drags on the 24mg until you get used to it. Alot of people like the traditional ry4 flavors but I would suggest putting some additional flavors in your arsenal to increase your chances at success. There are alot of good vendors out there with sampler packs that are somewhat cheap and allows you to test alot of flavors without spending a ton. I hope you like the ry4 but I tired quickly of the tobacco flavors.
Good luck with it and happy vaping!

Lorddeff07

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2013
St Kitts & Nevis
Thanks... I did buy an addition flavour. green apple. For me, being my first time.. i simply wanted to keep things simple and make it more of the experience and less of the taste. So i went for things I knew, ry4 (hint of tobacco and caramel....I can work with that) then green apple (I know apples so how bad can it be?)

Its just that I import everything and there is at least a 4-5 day gap between my ordering and stuff getting to me so i generally want to build a system that keeps my orders down to ordering once a month.

Ah well, I hope I can take it the 24mg.

edit:
Luckily for me they hadnt shipped out my order yet, were going to today :)... so i made some modifications. Previously I added green apple as my sample with the kit then separately ordered 30ml of ry4. Now I changed my kit to come with 5 samples of my choice (+$10 :( ) still left the 30ml ry4 but dropped everything down from 24mg to 18mg.

Last edited:

louis4492

Jan 8, 2013
minnesota
go any lower than 18mg eliquid and you kind of need it to be mentholated to get any big throat hit. :) Nicotine isn't that bad for you that's why I'm fine vaping it instead of smoking it. try some butterscotch or ry4 from cloudsofvapor.com Or you could try pinkspotvapors.com they Have some delicious fruit flavors and keep throat hit intact also they have the option to put it "on the rocks" which just means add menthol. Also Honeybeez from diggitalciggz is awesome (And the Vanillas from them isn't so avoid that:]).

brhollifield

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
Hampton Roads Virginia
This is just my experience and just like taste in juice everyone is different... I love coffee so I ordered a bottle of " expresso ", not sure where I got it from but oh my Lord... the TH on that stuff is unreal... 12 mg nic and I can't take it... it is almost like sucking in a mouth full of coal the way it hits the back of your throat! I like the taste of the juice, it does have the coffee flavor and a nice peppery finish on the lips but the TH is too much for me.

Also as others have suggested, if you have VV - turn that bad boy up... sometimes I turn mine up and the TH is more pronounced but it is almost as if it is burning the liquid ( which it is )...

Hope this helps, good luck finding your " setup "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread