Not open for further replies.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
This little inexpensive gem is getting a nice following:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/clearomizers/642824-eleaf-gs-air-fan.html

I also really like my Nautilus -- both mini (2.5 mil) and regular (5mil) with BVC coils. BVC coils are now being made with larger wicking holes and should work well with all VG liquid. Not so inexpensive, but very decent product.

IMHO both perform better than an Evod. Like anything YMMV.

Last edited:

lefty23

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
Ok cool, I'll check out those two and give them a chance. Have you had any similar problems as me with the protanks? I don't know, maybe I'm doing something wrong but they just taste absolutely awful to me; like crazy burnt (it's all I can taste, so bad I literally can't vape it) even on very low voltage. Thanks for the advice.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Getting a burnt taste means it's not wicking well enough. Either it's too slow to wick, or we're vaping too quickly. :laugh:

And, I've sure experienced both. Clearo's have continued to improve and work on better wicking. Adding air flow helps too.

I never took to the popular Protank, though people have added air flow connections and love them still. Aspire and Evod were my first fairly successful tanks --and I don't use all VG. As the 2 I mentioned are vast improvements, I think you may take to them well. Of course, it could be a good idea to dilute your liquid with a drop (per tank) of distilled water to thin it out a bit, if you continue to have problems.

I vape low voltage and have had very very few problems with those 2 tanks and hear they can handle up to 15 or so watts and still wick well. Much to my surprise, I also like the Kanger Aero's, but I have no idea what their so called wattage limit is.

lefty23

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
You're right, it's absolutely the wicking. I just looked at my bottles again and the tank that works fine is the one with 20/80 liquid in it, and here I thought it was the tanks and not the liquid. Well, at least now I know what the problem is. I'll just start ordering 20/80 or 30/70. I just wish I hadn't just ordered $70 worth of 100% VG liquid. Oh well, live and learn I guess.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
You're right, it's absolutely the wicking. I just looked at my bottles again and the tank that works fine is the one with 20/80 liquid in it, and here I thought it was the tanks and not the liquid. Well, at least now I know what the problem is. I'll just start ordering 20/80 or 30/70. I just wish I hadn't just ordered $70 worth of 100% VG liquid. Oh well, live and learn I guess.

You can fix that thick e-liquid with something like Halo's Fusion. It is nic base heavy in PG...

Fusion E-Liquid | Halo Cigs

lefty23

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
Got my iclear 30bs in the mail today and am vaping my favorite liquid out of them right now; so far they're working great, thanks a million for the suggestion Eric. And I definitely plan on checking out the rest of the recommendations you guys all gave as well. I can't thank you enough for all of your help, it's great to finally know that my tanks aren't bad or useless. I'm not particularly attached to 100% VG, I just prefer the hits from mostly VG liquid, but 30/70 is just fine for me and it's nice to know I'll be able to use all those expensive tanks after all. You guys rule, keep up the great work. Hopefully one day I'll be of some use to some noobs thanks to the wealth of knowledge I've gathered here.

Eric Auer

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2014
PA
Got my iclear 30bs in the mail today and am vaping my favorite liquid out of them right now; so far they're working great, thanks a million for the suggestion Eric. And I definitely plan on checking out the rest of the recommendations you guys all gave as well. I can't thank you enough for all of your help, it's great to finally know that my tanks aren't bad or useless. I'm not particularly attached to 100% VG, I just prefer the hits from mostly VG liquid, but 30/70 is just fine for me and it's nice to know I'll be able to use all those expensive tanks after all. You guys rule, keep up the great work. Hopefully one day I'll be of some use to some noobs thanks to the wealth of knowledge I've gathered here.

Glad you like it.

A few tips on the 30B:

Don't fill it all the way up. It will leak and gurgle and spit and whatnot.

The tank and the threads are plastic, Be firm but gentle.

Check the 510 pin on your device every now and then, Sometimes they leak a tiny bit from there.

The black stripes will wear off easily, They are painted or silk screened or something.

At the price and performance they are great for when out and about, No worries should one break.

With 100% VG I like the 1.5ohm coils the best.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread