Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
I've been trying SoHo for a while at 7% and not thought too much about it. I'll have another go at it and punch it up to 14%.

I originally bought it to add some meringue to it in order to make it more Boba-esque. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Did it work out? The Boba-esque thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: smacuser

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Did it work out? The Boba-esque thing?

I finally made a batch at 14% last night. While it's too early to tell, I can definitely taste the difference.

Next, I will try adding merengue after I get a feel for what SoHo tastes like after a decent steep.

Again, any suggestions are welcome.

I'll keep you posted.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 30, 2014
    Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
    I finally made a batch at 14% last night. While it's too early to tell, I can definitely taste the difference.

Next, I will try adding merengue after I get a feel for what SoHo tastes like after a decent steep.

I'll keep you posted.

That would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melle

May 6, 2017
    Hi all tobacco lovers. I’m vaping tobacco since i tasted e liquid france’s juices. (About 2 years.)

I’m trying to make a mix with tobacco-coffee and maybe vanilla/bavarian cream but couldn’t find a good recipe.

eliquid france Relax is my fave.

Recipes that using TFA, FA, FE or Capella flavors will be appreciated, have a good day/night!

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Thread is awful quiet, could use a bump.

Okay, so I got an order a few weeks ago of FA SOHO (did 14%), FA Virginia (2.75%), HS Elder Captain (7%), and HS Arabic (7%). Aging since Nov. 11. Tried them all (except Arabic) after about a week, and I know they all need more time. Early stages, SOHO was bland, VA very distinctive, very tobacco'y,but you could tell it needed steeping to get a more authentic taste, and Elder Captain was weak, too - but it might be good. Like a pipe, it smells sweeter than it tastes.

Man, the Arabic is pungent- the room fills with tobacco, cedar, curry, and other spices. In fact, I didn't mix it until tonight, because I didn't think I'd like it. But then I thought it might steep into something very unique and good - worth a try. Not sure it'll be for me, but it sure should be flavorful.

dcdozer

ECF Veteran
    Aug 26, 2015
    Northern VA
    Don't give on the Arabic too quick. It tends to grow on you and then one day you find in your daily rotation.
    Agree - it's really good stuff. I mix it at 5% with Bavarian cream though. It can have a bite at 7%, especially without something else like a cream to take off the edge.

Tlt1

Nov 30, 2017
    Hello,

I'm not new to vaping, have been at it for over 5 years, MTL and tobaccos only, but I'm new to DIY. It's a little intimidating with all the different flavors, etc.

I like bold, "real" tobacco flavors. Would somebody please recommend some flavors to try to get started? It seems that Hangsen and 7 Leaves are popular, but what brand? I would appreciate any other suggestions.

Thank you.

Tlt1

Nov 30, 2017
    If your a single in your face tobacco vaper can't really help you, But for a bomb of flavour i mix together,
    Am4a 5% Burly 0.5% Canadian virginia (NET) 2% If any help to you.

Sorry, did not mean to imply that I only prefer a single flavor. As long as it is a tobacco flavor or as long as tobacco is the star of the show, I'm game, but I'm not a big fan of sweet flavors.

Is Am4a by Inawera? Burly - what brand? Canadian virginia (NET) - what brand?

Thank you.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Hey, TL, and welcome. If you go to all the DIY threads, it can make your head spin. Really, all you're doing (in my case- also MTL, tobacco only) is measuring flavor, nic, and VG (or pg, if you use it). It's extremely easy.

I'll give you some of my recommendations, but here's a copy/paste of a reply I gave someone else for setting up diy.
    • Some 30 ml glass bottles. I use about 4-6 of them, for my favorites. I don't need many, because I only vape about 3 ml a day. But I do make tobacco flavors, and it generally is better after a 30 day steep, so it stores well in the glass. For someone who goes thru a lot of a single flavor in a day, I’d recommend some 60ml chubby gorilla or unicorn type bottles.
    • One or 2 dozen 10 ml plastic bottles, to make samples.
    • One 10 ml luer lock syringe for transferring VG & my VG based nicotine. I rinse & reuse, and replaced the first one because markings wore off. Very cheap, so get several. You can get a 14 ga needle for transferring but my vg is so thick, i usually just use the syringe without.
    • One 1 ml luer lock syringe and 18ga blunt needle for transferring flavorings. I rinse & reuse this too, and they're so cheap I'd get several
    That's it, except for a bottle of VG, bottle of nic, and I started with about 10 different flavors. You can get the nic in different strengths, but I started with 48mg/ml rather than 100, because if I'm lazy or off a little on measurements, it won't matter as much, so it's more forgiving. Once you're comfortable, you can use stronger nic which will make it cheaper.

I over bought, and got a graduated cylinder, some pipettes and other "recommended" items I never use. I realize now that the cylinder is for making large quantities.

And one other great thing about diy - I made a large batch of my standard 14mg nic base, to make mixing easy. Then I found that I sometimes prefer vaping the unflavored for a while, or may just tank mix a little squirt of my mixed juice to make the unflavored just lightly flavored. My taste buds seem to change by the week, and diy lets you customize everything you vape.

My favorite calculator: it won't ever let me put the link, but use e-liquid-recipes, and add a .com of course. Just plug in what you want, and it tells you how much of everything to add....super easy.

For the flavors - Like you, all tobacco. I don't like anything sweet. I don't recommend making "recipes" to start - better to make single flavor juices, and tank mix as necessary until you find what you like. After learning what each flavor does, you'll make better recipes. But I don't - I do all tank mixing, depending on mood.

My current favorites:
    Hangsen Tab at 7%. It's kind of become a base for me. As a standalone, it's not too interesting, but it's a straight ahead tobacco (some say nutty, but I don't get that), with solid throat hit, just a rich, full bodied tobacco with good mouth feel. I generally fill about 1/2 - 2/3 of a tank with it, then add another flavor on top of it. I hear Hangsen Highway is similar, but it's always out of stock when I order

Hangsen Gold & Silver at 7%. Very much like a cigarette - reminds me of smoking my dad's Lucky Strike unfiltered. Great throat hit, strong flavor. Hits a lot of high notes, so I use maybe 2/3 Tab as the base, and add 1/3 G&S.

Inawara Flue Cured at 3%. Very authentic tobacco. Not a weak flavor at all, but not as bold & "sharp" as G&S. Doesn't taste sweetened at all, but has a natural hay/strawlike sweetness. This is a great standalone when you don't want something as powerful, but still has a lot of flavor. I've been experimenting with this one, adding a touch of FA Strawberry Ripe...trying to see if can add a fruit flavor to my arsenal.

Inawara TA Garuda (forget the %, don't have notes with me) Really nice tobacco, hits the high notes. Has a really nice cigarlike quality, but not as deep and rich. I top off the Tab with this all the time to add that sharpness.

Last edited:

bood

Sep 16, 2017
    is there anything that tastes really like smoked tobacco or a smoked cigarette .. a marlboro or a brand alike
    I'm not an expert but didn't find anything still.. found a bunch of differently sweet flavor in my short taste research , that do not quite remotely compare to the taste of a cigarette / tobacco burnt into ash

-sorry if I didnt run all the 225 pages

Last edited:
    Reactions: smacuser

GaryInTexas

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    NE Texas, USA
    is there anything that tastes really like smoked tobacco or a smoked cigarette .. a marlboro or a brand alike
    I'm not an expert but didn't find anything still.. found a bunch of differently sweet flavor in my short taste research , that do not quite remotely compare to the taste of a cigarette / tobacco burnt into ash

I have not tried it but for some FA Oak Wood added to your tobacco blend brings it closer to true smoke flavor.

Reactions: DavidOck

Tlt1

Nov 30, 2017
    My current favorites:
    Hangsen Tab at 7%. It's kind of become a base for me. As a standalone, it's not too interesting, but it's a straight ahead tobacco (some say nutty, but I don't get that), with solid throat hit, just a rich, full bodied tobacco with good mouth feel. I generally fill about 1/2 - 2/3 of a tank with it, then add another flavor on top of it. I hear Hangsen Highway is similar, but it's always out of stock when I order

Hangsen Gold & Silver at 7%. Very much like a cigarette - reminds me of smoking my dad's Lucky Strike unfiltered. Great throat hit, strong flavor. Hits a lot of high notes, so I use maybe 2/3 Tab as the base, and add 1/3 G&S.

Inawara Flue Cured at 3%. Very authentic tobacco. Not a weak flavor at all, but not as bold & "sharp" as G&S. Doesn't taste sweetened at all, but has a natural hay/strawlike sweetness. This is a great standalone when you don't want something as powerful, but still has a lot of flavor. I've been experimenting with this one, adding a touch of FA Strawberry Ripe...trying to see if can and a fruit flavor to my arsenal.

Inawara TA Garuda (forget the %, don't have notes with me) Really nice tobacco, hits the high notes. Has a really nice cigarlike quality, but not as deep and rich. I top off the Tab with this all the time to add that sharpness.

Hey Brewdawg1181, thank you, I appreciate the info.

When you say "at 7%," does it mean 7% of the total amount minus PG/VG and nicotine? It is a little confusing, because you also say 1/2 - 2/3 of a tank - is it the same as 7%? Sorry if it's a dumb question, still trying to understand how all this mixing works.

Thank you.

Reactions: bood

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL

Not really - you just won't be able to replicate actual burning of tobacco. See my post above- Hangsen Gold & Silver is the closest I've found. But none will taste that smoky. Burning tobacco releases about 4,000 compounds that won't be (and you don't want) in any vape. You can add Inawara DNB (Dirty Neutral Base) to get what some call "ashiness." I did for a while, but don't really use it anymore. First time I tried it though, I did say "wow - it's like exhaling smoke." If you try it, use it very sparingly, as it will take over other flavors. It has a way of really saturating your tastebuds, kind of like chocolate does - not that it tastes anything like chocolate, though.

Most ex smokers, myself included, start the search to find something just like a cigarette, and it just isn't (can't) be there. But don't worry - you get over that pretty quick, and realize the vape you're using tastes way better than a cigarette.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Hey Brewdawg1181, thank you, I appreciate the info.

When you say "at 7%," does it mean 7% of the total amount minus PG/VG and nicotine? It is a little confusing, because you also say 1/2 - 2/3 of a tank - is it the same as 7%? Sorry if it's a dumb question, still trying to understand how all this mixing works.

Thank you.
    Yes, but you don't even need to worry about it with the calculator. Here's an example, making 10ml sample of Tab, wanting 14mg nic, using 48mg vg based nic.
    Plug this in:
    upload_2017-11-30_15-50-58.png

And it tells you how much of everthing to put in your bottle like this- about 3ml nic, 6.4ml vg, and 0.7ml flavor. Can't get much easier.
    upload_2017-11-30_15-52-3.png

Reactions: DavidOck
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread