Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
ok will try gold & silver then
searched for it around but fasttech/gearbest didnt carry any result maybe sold off
I'm not sure, Bood- but you may not understand that this thread isn't about tobacco flavored ejuice, but the tobacco flavorings to diy the juice yourself. I don't believe fasttech sells flavorings (pretty sure Gearbest doesn't either).

That said, the Hangsen flavorings are designed to allow you to make your own juice, that in many cases, has a complete ejuice by the same name available. So you can try the finished Hangsen juice, and if you like it, order the flavorings from Bull City, Nicotine River, or another vendor, and make your own juice. Sounds like that's what you may need to do, since most commercial ejuices are sweetened to some extent. DIY will allow you to choose the tobacco you like, and only use additives if you want to.

dcdozer

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Northern VA
hope it works...tried several different products but apart from not enjoying them very much I always ended my need much better smoking a cigarette
You just have to keep at it. For several months after starting vaping it felt like a cheap substitute for smoking. It was just missing something. Then I got a more powerful mod, set a date, and resisted cravings for the real smokes. Now I enjoy vaping more than I ever did cigs, and I can't even smoke anymore. Last time I tried it made me feel ill. Vaping works, but for some of us it still requires a little work to get there.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Getting hardware that will perform to your tastes is certainly part of it, but finding the right flavor ( or 8 or 10 or...) for YOUR tastes is, imo, really crucial. No, you won't be able to fully replicate the taste and feel of a cig - you're not inhaling combustion products.

I have a few tobaccos I mix and enjoy, but I also enjoy several other flavor profiles. Maybe try some fruits, or desserts, or beverages.

Or maybe you'd benefit from NETs, some do.

And some dual use for a long time. Don't sweat it, it still means you're smoking a lot less, doing less damage. :thumb:

dcdozer

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Northern VA
Getting hardware that will perform to your tastes is certainly part of it, but finding the right flavor ( or 8 or 10 or...) for YOUR tastes is, imo, really crucial. No, you won't be able to fully replicate the taste and feel of a cig - you're not inhaling combustion products.

I have a few tobaccos I mix and enjoy, but I also enjoy several other flavor profiles. Maybe try some fruits, or desserts, or beverages.

Or maybe you'd benefit from NETs, some do.

And some dual use for a long time. Don't sweat it, it still means you're smoking a lot less, doing less damage. :thumb:
Agree with this. I started vaping a while ago, so when I upgraded to a "more powerful mod" I was moving from a pen-style mod to a single battery mod. I have never regularly vaped higher than 20 watts. DavidOck has it right - just keep trying out what works for you. Stick with it - you will find what works for you.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I will buy Hangsen Gold and Silver and diy 7% in an 80/20 0.3nic base ..

That percent should work fine. But hangsen gold and silver is not exactly dry and ashy. Also you mentioned having a problem finding it. Fasttech only sells pre-made juice. Try getting it here

Gold & Silver-HS

I'm not sure what your looking for but from what i've read from your recent post. You don't want sweet and are looking for something dry, dirty/ashy like an American red cig. Try 5-7% Hangsen USA red and add 1- 2% inawera DNB to enhance the ash note. You can get it at the same link above. If your new to vaping or trying to quit cigs stay with the hangsen line of flavors. There easy to use at 5 - 7% across all flavors.

Click the "B" below my picture to read my blogs there full of great DIY advice and full of sources to get supplies.

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
from your link
,,not sure sweet+cherry+cream is what I'm after

What I linked you to is gold and silver which you said you were having a hard time finding.
ok will try gold & silver then
searched for it around but fasttech/gearbest didnt carry any result maybe sold off

What I recommended can also be found on the site.

this
Red USA Mix-HS

and this
DNB Flavoring WG-INW

Sorry for the confusion.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
I think your right. That combination will give a drier ashy taste with no sweetness at all, much closer to the well known American red cigarette.

You can also add a little Virginia absolute to enhance the tobacco richness
Absolute Virginia Flavoring WG-INW

Andree

Dec 1, 2017
Just got some Nova flavorings today

prime
torque
tribeca

these are susposed to be spot on halo clones. Will mix them this week end and report back

Also got some buba which is as you guessed a buba's bounty clone

DIY - e juice, e liquid flavor concentrate and VPG/VG bases
I think your right. That combination will give a drier ashy taste with no sweetness at all, much closer to the well known American red cigarette.

You can also add a little Virginia absolute to enhance the tobacco richness
Absolute Virginia Flavoring WG-INW
danny, your recommendation for tobacco base like Screwbacco use what?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
FWIW, tobacco right off the plant really doesn't have a flavor that anyone would like, IMO. I once had a friend who lived on his parents' farm where they grew tobacco and sold it at auction to the tobacco giants. My brother in law and I would spend the weekend there once a year, and occasionally we'd pull a cured leaf out of the tobacco barn, roll it up, and smoke it. If you've ever smoked a Picayune or a Home Run cigarette then you know how it tasted! It was like a cigar with no flavorings added.

Even in ejuice it's the flavors we crave, just like the flavors that were added to the tobacco in our cigarettes. The ashy flavor bases just add the sensation we need to call it a tobacco vape.

5. Do additives make tobacco more addictive?
Mono- and disaccharides (natural sugars like glucose, fructose, sucrose) Mono- and disaccharides are derived from a number of sources including brown sugar, honey, corn syrup, molasses, sugar cane, fig juice and prune juice. Sugars are flavourings that constitute the largest part of additives in cigarettes (Bates et al. 1999). According to table 3 in section 3.8 the levels of sugars applied to the cigarette tobacco blends constitute more than 10% of the total amount of additives. They are added to the tobacco in order to contribute to the taste and flavour (Philip Morris 2002, Reynolds 1985, Reynolds 1994. This reduces irritation and makes the taste milder (Covington & Burling 1986, Covington & Burling 1987a, Seeman et al. 2002). Inverted sugars are responsible for a large part of the contents of formaldehyde in smoke and also contribute to the formation of furfural, furan, levoglucosan, and acetaldehyde (Baker et al. 2004b, Baker et al. 2004d, Philip Morris 2002). Polysaccharides (e.g. cellulose, pectin, starch)

Last edited:

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Well, welcome back Danny!
Bood - I clicked the link Danny gave you for the Gold & Silver I recommended. The link is correct, but definitely ignore the description. I don't know where Bull City came up with that, but I don't think there's any cream/cherry at all. It must be a mistake. G&S is supposed to taste like a Benson & Hedges cigarette. Although to me, it tastes like an unfiltered Lucky Strike.

If Bull City is out of a Hangsen flavor you want, you might try Nicotine River. But they don't sell theirs in original packaging, which I prefer. They repackage in their bottles.

Reactions: DavidOck

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
danny, your recommendation for tobacco base like Screwbacco use what?
I'm not Danny (and don't play him on TV!), but I'm a straight tobacco guy who wanted to add a little strawberry because of Screwbacco, for a breakfast/change of pace vape.

I used some INW Flue Cured (3%) and FA Strawberry (0.5%), and it came out very nice. I tried it at first with more strawberry, but it kind of takes over. It only takes a little strawberry if you still want to taste the tobacco. You might even just tank mix - put a drop in your tank of tobacco, and add until you like it, then backward engineer, by estimating how many drops= ml, then mix a bottle.

Reactions: DavidOck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread