The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by dannyv45, Apr 15, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181 Super Member

Aug 30, 2017
    I tried the Soho at 14% too - I don't get vanilla/caramel out of it, but I think it's still my favorite sweet tobacco. I just can't pinpoint what they've added to the tobacco- maybe a little graham cracker, and tiny bit of cocoa, or something. I think it's got several flavors in it, none overtaking the flavor, that makes it hard to describe. It's kind of nice in a way like pipe tobacco, in that it doesn't leave a sweet taste on your tongue, so much as it gives you the aroma.
    And I know what you mean about the Virginia - but it's all tobacco. It's got a very natural tobacco funkiness to it. I like the flavor, because it's pure tobacco, but not so much as a standalone. I think you'll find that after 4-5 weeks, it'll lose a little of the fresh funk, and settle in to a little bit more of a cigarette tobacco taste. Yours may take a little longer than mine, because I only did a 2.5% mix.

I recently pulled out some INW TA Garuda 4% mixed back in August. Man, that's really a satisfying cigar-like flavor. On nights with a few brews when a cigarette or 5 would have been in order, this really hits the spot. It adds that smokiness like a DNB, without overtaking and removing the throat hit like DNB can. Not for my morning tanks, but I'm definitely going to mix some more to keep on hand.

• Like Like x 4
  2. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Same with me. I do six 50ml bottles at a time about once a month. When I have less than half of that left I start another batch. I start test vaping immediately and tend to vape most of it up in the first month. My last DIY session was 11-21 and I have 3 of 6 bottles almost empty and the rest half full or less.

Some tobacco juices are a good vape after a few days and tend to strengthen a lot up to a month or more. Using the drink stirrer to froth them up once or twice in the first week speeds up the process tremendously.

• Like Like x 3
  3. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    SOHO is way up in my favorites list. It's a clean flavor that lights up your taste buds in a good way. 10% was good, but I've settled on 14%, too. I tried 20% and diluted it back to 14%.

• Like Like x 3
  4. sk25411

sk25411 Senior Member

Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    Forgot to mention, I did make a FA Monsoon @3% and I’m working through the tank right now.

It’s definitely very fruity. I get orange peel, with the mouth feel of a tobacco. It’s dark, but not in the tobacco dark. If that makes sense.

I’m enjoying it, and mixed a 30ml of that and a 30ml of gold ducat @3% with my last bit of ingredients.

I tried it a day after mixing, and now at 3 weeks. The orange has toned WAY down in this, with time.

It’s quite delightful.

• Like Like x 4
  5. dannyv45

dannyv45 ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2013
    New Jersey
    Been away for a while and can't believe how much I missed. It took a bit of reading to catch up:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. sk25411

sk25411 Senior Member

Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    The most enjoyment I’ve gotten from tobacco juices yet is simply gold ducat 3%.

This stuff is insane, and (to me), it’s fine the next day after mixing.

This stuff DESTROYS my coils and cotton. Like, 5ml and the cotton is super dark and coil is black. All at 10-11 wattage on a 1.7.

Would backing the % to 2% make a difference at all? Or, anything else that can be done?

• Like Like x 3
  7. DavidOck

DavidOck ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May just be the nature of the beast, but easy and cheap enough to try :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. anavidfan

anavidfan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    Hello everyone, long time, but Im still happily making my beloved tobaccos.
    Ive found my must haves and appreciate learning and sharing on this great thread !!!!

• Like Like x 5
  9. Leo Bak

Leo Bak Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2015
    Netherlands
    Same here! Must add that since i switched to mainly MTL vaping on Kayfuns, most tobacco flavors taste very different (better).

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  10. madstabber

madstabber Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I love Inawera tobacco flavorings. My current ADV is gold ducat from Inawera mixed at 2-3% and Purilum sweet tobacco at 7-8%. It’s delicious but as stated by someone earlier in this thread the gold ducat gunks up coils pretty quick. For the last couple years I’ve been mixing tfa ry4 double at 10-12% and I was getting at least a month from my coil before the gunk caused taste issues. Now with my gold ducat and sweet tobacco juice I get maybe two weeks. I know it’s the gold ducat because when I just use the sweet tobacco the coils don’t hunk up as fast. Anyway Inawera and purilum make great tobacco flavorings. TFA and flavorart are also good.

• Like Like x 5
  11. sk25411

sk25411 Senior Member

Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    I just ordered a purilium sweet tobacco, I’m excited to try it with gold ducat, thanks for mentioning it!

For me, I can shake and Vape gold ducat. How long do you usually let the combo steep?

• Like Like x 1
  12. madstabber

I mix two 60ml bottles and when I finish one I mix another so basically the time it takes me to vape 60ml is how long I steep. Hopefully that made sense. Now the question is how long does it take me to vape 60mls. I’m not positive but I would say a couple weeks, maybe 2?? Now that I think about it, I think it’s probably 10 days. 6mls a day sounds about right. Sorry for all the uncertainty but I think it would taste good no matter how long it steeps. It is all I vape anymore, that’s how much I like it. Good luck with your mixing, I hope you love it as much as I do.
    I do add a pinch of ethyl maltol crystals. I don’t know how much difference it makes but I do that with all my tobacco juices. If you choose to do so just remember, a little goes a long way so start small.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. sk25411

sk25411 Senior Member

Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    I don’t have any crystals, but I do have some TFA, EM. I’ll try it without any first, and then add a few drops of necessary.

My NicRiver order just got here, I’m gonna be busy tomorrow mixing up 1000ml or so haha!

• Like Like x 2
  14. madstabber

Let me know what you come up with. If you try different percentages or anything I’d be interested in hearing what tastes good and what you end up with. Good luck and happy mixing.:pop:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. yooperdad

yooperdad Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2014
    Marquette, MI
    I’m doing Soho at 14% and yes enjoying it. Very light and clean. Has anyone blended it with another tobacco to enhance the tobacco taste? I don’t want more caramel or vanilla in the taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  16. lil_buddy

lil_buddy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2017
    I'm LOVING Flavorah Cured Tobacco. I hated all the FA Tobaccos I got previously because they all tasted like different combos of anise and gong (1stg=b) water.
    Highly recommend

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. sk25411

sk25411 Senior Member

Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    Started small today, only made a few batches, as I have a surplus of stuff to test.

I did some INW AM4A @2%.

Gold ducat @3%, purilium sweet tobacco @7%. Can’t wait to try it!

I read a while back hangsen Turkish @7% and hangsen desert ship @2%, with 1% EM is supposed to be like halo Turkish tobacco. Hope so, that stuff is good.

And I made another 30ml of gold ducat @3%.

I’m testing SOHO @14% after 4 weeks now, it’s way better than when I tried it at 2 weeks.

I’m thinking of doing INW 555 and Gold ducat too. I’m thinking ducat with anything is gonna be good.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. yooperdad

yooperdad Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2014
    Marquette, MI
    You mean blending 555 and Gold Ducat?

I just tried Gold Ducat that was mixed almost a year ago. It kind of reminds me of the original Bobas Bounty that is no longer available. Not really sure since it’s been a few years since I had it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  19. smacuser

smacuser Avid Vapper Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    Maybe that's what I need to mix with my SoHo.

I just put Ducat on my list this morning as my next tobacco to try. :thumbs:

• Like Like x 3
  20. sk25411

sk25411 Senior Member

Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    I have 3% 555, and a separate 3% gold ducat I just mixed in the same tank, it’s pretty good. I’m thinking 3% 555 and 1/2% ducat. I’ll mix it up soon.

It definitely wasn’t my favorite when I FIRST tried it, but now, it’s great! It grew on me fast, it’s dense, with a nice throat hit. It does get your coils and cotton pretty fast.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1