The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by dannyv45, Apr 15, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. smacuser

smacuser Avid Vapper Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    Placing an order tonight. I later looked at the notes on ELR and a user said he mixed it with Soho, Vanilla Swirl and Caramel Candy with great results.

I'll go ahead and put 555 on my list, as well.

Also reordering HS Red USA, No. 5, and Elder Captain.

• Like Like x 1
  2. sk25411

sk25411 Senior Member

Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    Forgot to mention, today I tried nicotine river vanilla bacco @3%, 12mg, 50/50, steeped 4 weeks.

Although good, I won’t be making any more. It’s definitely vanilla with light tobacco, but it just wasn’t enough for me. I’ll finish what I have, but others I’ve made lately just outshine it

After doing SOHO, I tried some ry4D I’ve had for months, and it just tasted gross to me. The SOHO is worth ordering again, I just hate that it’s at such a high%!

Tomorrow I’m in line to test FA ry4, and FA Virginia (which got super yellow in 4 weeks). Will update

• Like Like x 2
  3. smacuser

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    I initially bought RY4D for a Halo Tribeca clone and found it worked well, though, it's not my go-to.

Supposedly, Ducat and RY4D go well together.

• Like Like x 1
  4. sk25411

sk25411 Senior Member

Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    I’ll tank mix them and test it out, I have some of each that are a few months old.

The one time I tank mixed ry4d and TFA black honey blew my freaking mind, and I’ve never been able to replicate it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. smacuser

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    I saw where I might try 3 parts RYD4 to 1 when I get the chance.

• Like Like x 2
  6. lil_buddy

lil_buddy Ultra Member Verified Member

Mar 9, 2017
    Just tried FLV Connecticut Shade (2%, 2 day steep). It was very highly reviewed on reddit.

Bottom line: I think it's really revolting. The odor is really bad - there's a very strong bile/puke smell to me.

There's a gross cheap powdered chocolate flavoring to it - it reminds me of when my mom got chocolate flavored cream of wheat in an ill fated attempt to get me to eat cream of wheat which she believed must be eaten for breakfast in the winter because it "sticks to your ribs". It made me barf.

Otherwise, there's a definite tobacco flavor in there.

I'm gonna let it steep for a month to see what happens.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. madstabber

madstabber Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

You could try adding a little ethyl maltol to help the flavor. I find if a juice has an unappealing smell and flavor em can help round that out and make it more appealing. Although it’s never turned a terrible juice into a great one it can help make it decent.

• Like Like x 3
  8. lil_buddy

lil_buddy Ultra Member Verified Member

Mar 9, 2017
    I don't do sweeteners

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. madstabber

I know it’s considered a sweetener but I don’t think it really is. It’s more of a flavor enhancer that when overused will mute your flavors. Just wanted to clarify my experience with em but it’s not for everyone.

• Like Like x 3
  10. sk25411

sk25411 Senior Member

Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    Thanks for the recommendation, sir! I did purilium sweet tobacco 7% and gold ducat 3%, and it’s excellent. It tastes like a milder gold ducat, with some nice earthy sweetness added. This is a combo I can see really working well! I’m feeling that the gold ducat can even be lowered to 1/1.5%, and still be amazing. Going to mix more.

Also, Purilium Sweet Tobacco 7% stand alone is pretty damn great. Only steeped 5 days so far, and I’m going to make more, I know it will only improve. It reminds me of 555, but with less “peanutty” flavor, and a little more pleasant sweetness.

Man, this is fun!

PS. Also, 2 testers that I recently trashed were FA Virginia @3% (just awful to me, steeped 6 weeks too). Then FA ry4 @3% (it just didn’t do anything for me, others are WAY better).

• Like Like x 3
  11. madstabber

Great to hear that sweet tobacco alone is good. I’ve been thinking of trying it by itself. I may try lowering the gold ducat in the sweet tobacco/gold ducat recipe as well. If for nothing else than to make my coils last longer. Gold ducat is a coil killer.

• Like Like x 4
  12. sk25411

sk25411 Senior Member

Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    Tested 2 more today.

Hangsen Turkish @7%, Hangsen desert ship @2%, TFA EM @1%. Supposed to be like Halos Turkish Tobacco. Steeped a week, it’s good, but it’s not done yet. Needs more time. But was a sweeter inhale with one hell of a throat hit.

INW AM4A @3%. Heavier pipe blend, with a slight raisen. Not an extreme raisen, like others, but pleasant.

Both need more time, I just tossed a little in my tank because I’ve made so much over the past week hah!

• Like Like x 3
  13. madstabber

Good to hear your enjoying yourself. We must have similar tastes because you're spot on with the ducat/sweet tobacco and lowering the ducat a bit. I’m gonna try the sweet tobacco as a stand-alone also because it’s a great flavor. Also I tried mixing up some FA ry4 at 5% and felt it was lacking pizzazz. Maybe mixed with something would help, who knows? I think part of the problem is the ducat/ST mix is so good that, in comparison, other flavors just aren’t standing out. The real winner here is the purilum sweet tobacco. I think it could be mixed with other flavors or as previously mentioned by itself and it would be fantastic. Definitely gonna keep some on hand in perpetuity. Good luck and I wish you continued success, diy sure beats the hell outta dropping serious coin on premade, and you can control all aspects of your juice, it’s a win-win.

• Like Like x 3
  14. sk25411

sk25411 Senior Member

Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    I think our tastes are quite similar indeed! It’s funny because I was never a smoker, I dipped forever, but I LOVE the tobacco smell. Also love wintergreen, but can’t Vape it because it gives me instant heartburn, like when I was dipping, must be psychological.

A few I have saved that I’m ordering soon are INW smoked plum, and jungle flavors ry4d. Any experience with those?

I have some ry4d from TFA that’s a few months old, and feel that it’s lacking depth. I know it can be better. I like the profile, just want to find the one that works!

• Like Like x 1
  15. madstabber

I dipped for awhile in my teenage years but was a smoker for decades. No experience with those flavors but I did vape tfa ry4d for a long time. I mixed it at 10% with a little EM mixed it which seems a bit counterproductive because now I know it has EM already in it. I’d agree it’s lacking but has potential. I think I vaped it for so long because it was easy to mix up and I just didn’t know better. Now that I’ve been vaping the Sweet T/gold ducat I can’t touch the last bottle of ry4d tfa I have mixed. It just can’t hold a candle. I’ll be vaping sweet t/GD for years to come. I don’t change much, if I like it I stick with it.

• Like Like x 3