Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Status
Not open for further replies.

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
Just tried FLV Connecticut Shade (2%, 2 day steep). It was very highly reviewed on reddit.

Bottom line: I think it's really revolting. The odor is really bad - there's a very strong bile/puke smell to me.

There's a gross cheap powdered chocolate flavoring to it - it reminds me of when my mom got chocolate flavored cream of wheat in an ill fated attempt to get me to eat cream of wheat which she believed must be eaten for breakfast in the winter because it "sticks to your ribs". It made me barf.

Otherwise, there's a definite tobacco flavor in there.

I'm gonna let it steep for a month to see what happens.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Just tried FLV Connecticut Shade (2%, 2 day steep). It was very highly reviewed on reddit.

Bottom line: I think it's really revolting. The odor is really bad - there's a very strong bile/puke smell to me.

There's a gross cheap powdered chocolate flavoring to it - it reminds me of when my mom got chocolate flavored cream of wheat in an ill fated attempt to get me to eat cream of wheat which she believed must be eaten for breakfast in the winter because it "sticks to your ribs". It made me barf.

Otherwise, there's a definite tobacco flavor in there.

I'm gonna let it steep for a month to see what happens.
You could try adding a little ethyl maltol to help the flavor. I find if a juice has an unappealing smell and flavor em can help round that out and make it more appealing. Although it’s never turned a terrible juice into a great one it can help make it decent.

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
You could try adding a little ethyl maltol to help the flavor. I find if a juice has an unappealing smell and flavor em can help round that out and make it more appealing. Although it’s never turned a terrible juice into a great one it can help make it decent.
I don't do sweeteners

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I don't do sweeteners
I know it’s considered a sweetener but I don’t think it really is. It’s more of a flavor enhancer that when overused will mute your flavors. Just wanted to clarify my experience with em but it’s not for everyone.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
Let me know what you come up with. If you try different percentages or anything I’d be interested in hearing what tastes good and what you end up with. Good luck and happy mixing.:pop:

Thanks for the recommendation, sir! I did purilium sweet tobacco 7% and gold ducat 3%, and it’s excellent. It tastes like a milder gold ducat, with some nice earthy sweetness added. This is a combo I can see really working well! I’m feeling that the gold ducat can even be lowered to 1/1.5%, and still be amazing. Going to mix more.

Also, Purilium Sweet Tobacco 7% stand alone is pretty damn great. Only steeped 5 days so far, and I’m going to make more, I know it will only improve. It reminds me of 555, but with less “peanutty” flavor, and a little more pleasant sweetness.

Man, this is fun!

PS. Also, 2 testers that I recently trashed were FA Virginia @3% (just awful to me, steeped 6 weeks too). Then FA ry4 @3% (it just didn’t do anything for me, others are WAY better).

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Thanks for the recommendation, sir! I did purilium sweet tobacco 7% and gold ducat 3%, and it’s excellent. It tastes like a milder gold ducat, with some nice earthy sweetness added. This is a combo I can see really working well! I’m feeling that the gold ducat can even be lowered to 1/1.5%, and still be amazing. Going to mix more.

Also, Purilium Sweet Tobacco 7% stand alone is pretty damn great. Only steeped 5 days so far, and I’m going to make more, I know it will only improve. It reminds me of 555, but with less “peanutty” flavor, and a little more pleasant sweetness.

Man, this is fun!

PS. Also, 2 testers that I recently trashed were FA Virginia @3% (just awful to me, steeped 6 weeks too). Then FA ry4 @3% (it just didn’t do anything for me, others are WAY better).
Great to hear that sweet tobacco alone is good. I’ve been thinking of trying it by itself. I may try lowering the gold ducat in the sweet tobacco/gold ducat recipe as well. If for nothing else than to make my coils last longer. Gold ducat is a coil killer.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
Tested 2 more today.

Hangsen Turkish @7%, Hangsen desert ship @2%, TFA EM @1%. Supposed to be like Halos Turkish Tobacco. Steeped a week, it’s good, but it’s not done yet. Needs more time. But was a sweeter inhale with one hell of a throat hit.

INW AM4A @3%. Heavier pipe blend, with a slight raisen. Not an extreme raisen, like others, but pleasant.

Both need more time, I just tossed a little in my tank because I’ve made so much over the past week hah!

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave

Man, this is fun!

Good to hear your enjoying yourself. We must have similar tastes because you're spot on with the ducat/sweet tobacco and lowering the ducat a bit. I’m gonna try the sweet tobacco as a stand-alone also because it’s a great flavor. Also I tried mixing up some FA ry4 at 5% and felt it was lacking pizzazz. Maybe mixed with something would help, who knows? I think part of the problem is the ducat/ST mix is so good that, in comparison, other flavors just aren’t standing out. The real winner here is the purilum sweet tobacco. I think it could be mixed with other flavors or as previously mentioned by itself and it would be fantastic. Definitely gonna keep some on hand in perpetuity. Good luck and I wish you continued success, diy sure beats the hell outta dropping serious coin on premade, and you can control all aspects of your juice, it’s a win-win.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
Good to hear your enjoying yourself. We must have similar tastes because you're spot on with the ducat/sweet tobacco and lowering the ducat a bit. I’m gonna try the sweet tobacco as a stand-alone also because it’s a great flavor. Also I tried mixing up some FA ry4 at 5% and felt it was lacking pizzazz. Maybe mixed with something would help, who knows? I think part of the problem is the ducat/ST mix is so good that, in comparison, other flavors just aren’t standing out. The real winner here is the purilum sweet tobacco. I think it could be mixed with other flavors or as previously mentioned by itself and it would be fantastic. Definitely gonna keep some on hand in perpetuity. Good luck and I wish you continued success, diy sure beats the hell outta dropping serious coin on premade, and you can control all aspects of your juice, it’s a win-win.

I think our tastes are quite similar indeed! It’s funny because I was never a smoker, I dipped forever, but I LOVE the tobacco smell. Also love wintergreen, but can’t Vape it because it gives me instant heartburn, like when I was dipping, must be psychological.

A few I have saved that I’m ordering soon are INW smoked plum, and jungle flavors ry4d. Any experience with those?

I have some ry4d from TFA that’s a few months old, and feel that it’s lacking depth. I know it can be better. I like the profile, just want to find the one that works!

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I think our tastes are quite similar indeed! It’s funny because I was never a smoker, I dipped forever, but I LOVE the tobacco smell. Also love wintergreen, but can’t Vape it because it gives me instant heartburn, like when I was dipping, must be psychological.

A few I have saved that I’m ordering soon are INW smoked plum, and jungle flavors ry4d. Any experience with those?

I have some ry4d from TFA that’s a few months old, and feel that it’s lacking depth. I know it can be better. I like the profile, just want to find the one that works!
I dipped for awhile in my teenage years but was a smoker for decades. No experience with those flavors but I did vape tfa ry4d for a long time. I mixed it at 10% with a little EM mixed it which seems a bit counterproductive because now I know it has EM already in it. I’d agree it’s lacking but has potential. I think I vaped it for so long because it was easy to mix up and I just didn’t know better. Now that I’ve been vaping the Sweet T/gold ducat I can’t touch the last bottle of ry4d tfa I have mixed. It just can’t hold a candle. I’ll be vaping sweet t/GD for years to come. I don’t change much, if I like it I stick with it.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Great to hear that sweet tobacco alone is good. I’ve been thinking of trying it by itself. I may try lowering the gold ducat in the sweet tobacco/gold ducat recipe as well. If for nothing else than to make my coils last longer. Gold ducat is a coil killer.
@madstabber and @sk25411, just to make sure before my next order, the Gold Ducat is INW and the sweet is Purilum Sweet Tobacco and looks like it is only available via Nic River?

Is that all accurate?

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
@madstabber and @sk25411, just to make sure before my next order, the Gold Ducat is INW and the sweet is Purilum Sweet Tobacco and looks like it is only available via Nic River?

Is that all accurate?

Yes! I believe that’s the only place I’ve seen Purilium Flavors, I happen to order from them anyway because they are a little bit cheaper than other sites.

Gold ducat is INW, yes. It’s super dark, and manhandles coils/cotton. Try it alone first at 2/3%. It’s one of my favs for sure.

And the sweet tobacco is great alone too. 7% seems about right, with maybe a drop of sweetener in 30ml for a tiny bit extra.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Yes! I believe that’s the only place I’ve seen Purilium Flavors, I happen to order from them anyway because they are a little bit cheaper than other sites.

Gold ducat is INW, yes. It’s super dark, and manhandles coils/cotton. Try it alone first at 2/3%. It’s one of my favs for sure.

And the sweet tobacco is great alone too. 7% seems about right, with maybe a drop of sweetener in 30ml for a tiny bit extra.
Thanks @sk25411, that helps a lot. I've got a bunch of tobacco flavors from Hangsen and Dekang (TAB, Dunhill, 555, Highway, No. 5, etc.) but haven't tried any INWs yet and the sweet sounds very nice based on ya'lls comments!

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave

Is that all accurate?
Yes Inawera gold ducat and purilum sweet tobacco available only at nicotine river

• Informative
Reactions: ToolmanTexas

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
@ToolmanTexas I’m just sitting at work vaping on some gold ducat that’s around 5 weeks old now.

It’s really good, but I honestly prefer it as a shake and Vape and for the first week or 2. It definitely changes with time. I get more “raisen”, I guess would be how I describe it, at the start.

If you don’t like that, just know, it definitely fades away with time.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
@ToolmanTexas I’m just sitting at work vaping on some gold ducat that’s around 5 weeks old now.

It’s really good, but I honestly prefer it as a shake and Vape and for the first week or 2. It definitely changes with time. I get more “raisen”, I guess would be how I describe it, at the start.

If you don’t like that, just know, it definitely fades away with time.
I've been vaping on HS Highway today and it is a very nice, not overpowering lil vape.

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely keep it in mind when I get some and mix 'er up!

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
I also tried my 2 week mix, and my first foray into Hangsen tobacco today.

I read this in a comment from a post dated back in 2010 or so, there was no name so I can’t give credit. I can’t even find the site it was from, but I wrote the recipe down months ago.

HS Turkish blend 7%
HS desert ship 2%
TFA ethyl maltol 1%

Supposed to be a clone of Halos Turkish Tobacco. This is damn near close, if not exactly the same. The actual halo might have some extra sweetener in it, but also, it might need a week or two more.

It’s good. Not an ADV for me, but it’s got that unique taste that’s good once in a while.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
Love days like today, got snowed in so decided to mix up a few of the newer flavors I purchased over the past month from Purilum and Flavor Revolution. Tried most of them in a RDA and I'm hopeful for these. The flavors are: Sweet Tobacco, Original Tobacco, Vanilla Tobacco, Bourbon Tobacco from Purilum and Woodsy Tobacco, Tobacco Morning, and Sweet Tobacco from Flavor Revolution.

My initial thoughts on these is Wow, really liking a couple fresh. The Vanilla Tobacco reminds me of a pipe. Might put a little in a tank tonight to see how it does after a longer session with it. The Sweet Tobacco was pretty darn tasty as well. The Original and Bourbon tobaccos will need some time to sit to see how they develop as the bourbon dominates the mix and the Original is kinda bland fresh. Really shocked how light in color these are.

Was liking Tobacco Morning and Sweet Tobacco from Flavor Revolution fresh; they have promise. Not sure about the Woodsy Tobacco, kinda soy sauce tasting fresh. Hope it develops into something woodsy. Like I said, these are just my initial thoughts as they were just mixed. Will check on them every once in a while to see how they develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread