Not open for further replies.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
@Vicman, I love seeing your freshly mixed impressions!:thumbs:

I am not a "tobacco only" DIYer, in fact, I am a tobacco green-horn. It is nice to see that I am not alone in taste-testing all my fresh mixes. If I had followed the classic "all tobaccos need a month in the box" ideology; I never would have found one of my current favorites (Am4A-INW; 3 days to 2weeks is my sweet spot).

Even if I feel fairly confident a fresh mix is going to require some time; I will taste it right after mixing (assuming it is a new ingredient or recipe to me). Otherwise, (I rationalize to myself), how am I going to understand how this flavor is changing? And; when am I going to like it best?

Thanks for taking the time to share your initial thoughts! I am eager to see how they develop for you.:D

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I'm a lurker here for the most part.I'm not a big tobacco vaper but sometimes I really like a good one. A forum friend DIY's his own NETS and is sending me 5-6 10 ml bottles of his different flavor extracts. The least sweet ones of course.:) I'm looking forward to trying them. Never had a homemade NET before. He has warned me about the clogging abilities of his NETS but I already figured on that.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    @ToolmanTexas I’m just sitting at work vaping on some gold ducat that’s around 5 weeks old now.

It’s really good, but I honestly prefer it as a shake and Vape and for the first week or 2. It definitely changes with time. I get more “raisen”, I guess would be how I describe it, at the start.

If you don’t like that, just know, it definitely fades away with time.
    I just posted a thread about buying some tobacco flavors and then I found this thread. I have only tried diy once with a tribecca clone and it was ok, but I want to try some others. Been vaping hhv nets for a couple years and love them. I don't want to get into diy nets, but looking to try some fairly sweet tobaccos and it sounds like the ones your talking about are right up my alley....I have a bunch of wizard labs flavors but only the double ry4 is tobacco and it's a little overpowering. So just looking for a couple good tobacco flavors and recipes. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    I just posted a thread about buying some tobacco flavors and then I found this thread. I have only tried diy once with a tribecca clone and it was ok, but I want to try some others. Been vaping hhv nets for a couple years and love them. I don't want to get into diy nets, but looking to try some fairly sweet tobaccos and it sounds like the ones your talking about are right up my alley....I have a bunch of wizard labs flavors but only the double ry4 is tobacco and it's a little overpowering. So just looking for a couple good tobacco flavors and recipes. Thanks

Hey @vapdivrr, I'm fairly new to DIY tobaccos myself, over the last year, and I've IDed a few that are simple, with 1-2 flavors that are super simple:

My favorite:
    Dunhill-SC
    This one is a super concentrate and requires very little in your recipe. I do mine at 2.5% with .5% EM/Cotton Candy

Hangsens I like (in order):
    Tobacco Blend Flavoring-HS
    Highway-HS
    Desert Ship-HS
    No.5-HS

See this thread for HS:
    The Hangsen Thread

I would start all the HS around 3-5% and go up or down from there according to your taste. Again with .5% EM

I also put a drop of some type of Wizard for every 10 mls:
    MTS Wizard-FA

You can get most of these flavors at other vendors also, ecigexpress, nic river, etc. The Dunhill might be branded differently on those sites but I believe DeKang is the manufacturer and the sites simply relabel with their branding.

That is all these require IMO, the base flavor, a touch of EM and a drop of Wizard for every 10mls.

Most of these are fairly sweet, though the Dunhill is incredibly unique IMO. I shake and vape all the above, though a week of steeping will bring the flavors together a bit more.

There are SO MANY flavors out there to try and play around with I wanted to see if I could get a few stable ones I really liked, that were simple, and then go from there. YMMV :)

My next journey is going to be dryer, non-sweet tobaccos.

Last edited:

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave

My adv used to be ry4 double but recently I bought some purilum sweet tobacco from nicotine river and this stuff is great. Sounds like it’s right up your alley. I mix it at 5-7% and add 1-3% of Inawera gold ducat with a pinch of em crystals. My new adv it’s delicious. I’ve been vaping a lot more since I started making this juice, I can’t put it down. It can be mixed by itself and it will be really good or combine with another flavor of you choice. The gold ducat gives it a little more tobacco which I like but ry4 double would work with it also. Good luck in whatever you choose, i hope you find something you like.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
    Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    I just tried my sweet tobacco 7% gold ducat 3% from 1/9.

Honestly, I like them separate rather than mixed! The sweet tobacco by itself is great, as is gold ducat!! I always knew I was a simple guy, but those 2 single flavors are my favs so far. (I like gold ducat fresh too, weird).

I’m ordering a big sweet tobacco, because next I want to try it with ry4d from TFA and jungle flavors.

Gonna try lots of different things with the sweet tobacco, it’s that good! Anyone try any other sweet tobacco combos yet?

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    Yea I absolutely love the sweet tobacco and I have a 500ml bottle in my cart. I emailed nic river to see if they were having a V-day sale and they said no but I’m still waiting just in case they change their minds and have a sale. Maybe we should pool our resources and get a 55-gallon drum and split it. 27.5 gallons would last me a bit for sure. Anyway be sure to post your results and I will do the same.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    My adv used to be ry4 double but recently I bought some purilum sweet tobacco from nicotine river and this stuff is great. Sounds like it’s right up your alley. I mix it at 5-7% and add 1-3% of Inawera gold ducat with a pinch of em crystals. My new adv it’s delicious. I’ve been vaping a lot more since I started making this juice, I can’t put it down. It can be mixed by itself and it will be really good or combine with another flavor of you choice. The gold ducat gives it a little more tobacco which I like but ry4 double would work with it also. Good luck in whatever you choose, i hope you find something you like.
    Thanks buddy

Reactions: madstabber

sk25411

ECF Veteran
    Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    Well, I placed 2 orders last night.

I ordered an 8oz of Sweet Tobacco to do some experimenting, and to make a couple 100ml of base with it!

Tobacco wise, I got the other ingredients to make pistachio ry4 from diyordie. This one sounds great. I’ll be trying it with TFA ry4d, and the jungle flavors ry4d I got a while back. The other ingredients sound tempting with Purilum sweet tobacco too, yum.

I also ordered INW smoked plum, and INW morning Tobacco. Just some small 10ml to see how they are.

Will update!

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Bummer that activity is so slow here. Such a useful thread for me once upon a time. Great for tobacco lovers starting diy.
    Just thought I'd post something to help keep it going. I usually love all the Hangsen tobacco's, and wanted to try #5 for a long time, but it was always out of stock when I ordered. Finally got it, and it's the first HS I don't care for at all. Tasted very artificial, like a commercial juice. I really tasted what I thought was a lot of AP. Made it worse that they were out of 10ml, and I had to get a 30ml.
    I've been checking the ingredients lately from the Nicotine River site - they post the MSDS for their flavorings. No wonder it tastes like that - look at all the EM and AP in this. Interesting that it already has a little nicotine it it, too. I haven't seen that in any other flavor.
    upload_2018-2-23_11-32-1.png

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Thanks for the offer, smacuser - but isn't that a sweet tobacco? I really can't do the sweet ones. If you have some straight ahead or even nutty tobacco, I have a few 10 mls I'd trade (I think there's a thread for this, but I don't even know where it is):
    • HS No. 5 (30ml) - too sweet for me
    • FA 7 leaves - never even used a drop- can't stand the smell of licorice
    • FA Desert Ship - so popular, but too sweet for me
    • HS Elder Captain - found I'm not a fan of pipe type tobacco's
    • FA Soho - pretty decent, but just doesn't quite do it for me
    • FA Strawberry - thought I'd like strawberry with tobacco, but...
    • TFA Strawberry ripe - same as above

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    True. Not sure myself.

I bought PST because of the hype, but I'm not keen on it yet. I don't find it particularly sweet.

Not into licorice either. Trying to like Soho, so I'll continue to force feed it. Just got some more of both strawberries for my crunch berries and ice cream.

I like elder captain a lot, but I just received more of that. So, I guess that leaves desert ship (which I've been curious to try).

All of my other barely used flavors are now more than a year old, but I will continue to use them for when the occasion arises.

Practically all of the other tobaccos I use are in rotation, though, my recent purchase of 555 gold is a little weird ATM.

I'll check my stash when I get home after work and see if there might be one your interested in that I forgot about. Thanks.

Reactions: Brewdawg1181
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread