The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by dannyv45, Apr 15, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2017
    :tumble:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brewdawg1181

Aug 30, 2017
    Bummer that activity is so slow here. Such a useful thread for me once upon a time. Great for tobacco lovers starting diy.
    Just thought I'd post something to help keep it going. I usually love all the Hangsen tobacco's, and wanted to try #5 for a long time, but it was always out of stock when I ordered. Finally got it, and it's the first HS I don't care for at all. Tasted very artificial, like a commercial juice. I really tasted what I thought was a lot of AP. Made it worse that they were out of 10ml, and I had to get a 30ml.
    I've been checking the ingredients lately from the Nicotine River site - they post the MSDS for their flavorings. No wonder it tastes like that - look at all the EM and AP in this. Interesting that it already has a little nicotine it it, too. I haven't seen that in any other flavor.
    upload_2018-2-23_11-32-1.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    @Brewdawg1181
    I accidentally bought an extra Purilum ST 10ml if you want to trade.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brewdawg1181

Aug 30, 2017
    Thanks for the offer, smacuser - but isn't that a sweet tobacco? I really can't do the sweet ones. If you have some straight ahead or even nutty tobacco, I have a few 10 mls I'd trade (I think there's a thread for this, but I don't even know where it is):
    • HS No. 5 (30ml) - too sweet for me
    • FA 7 leaves - never even used a drop- can't stand the smell of licorice
    • FA Desert Ship - so popular, but too sweet for me
    • HS Elder Captain - found I'm not a fan of pipe type tobacco's
    • FA Soho - pretty decent, but just doesn't quite do it for me
    • FA Strawberry - thought I'd like strawberry with tobacco, but...
    • TFA Strawberry ripe - same as above

• Like Like x 2
  5. smacuser

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    True. Not sure myself.

I bought PST because of the hype, but I'm not keen on it yet. I don't find it particularly sweet.

Not into licorice either. Trying to like Soho, so I'll continue to force feed it. Just got some more of both strawberries for my crunch berries and ice cream.

I like elder captain a lot, but I just received more of that. So, I guess that leaves desert ship (which I've been curious to try).

All of my other barely used flavors are now more than a year old, but I will continue to use them for when the occasion arises.

Practically all of the other tobaccos I use are in rotation, though, my recent purchase of 555 gold is a little weird ATM.

I'll check my stash when I get home after work and see if there might be one your interested in that I forgot about. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Brewdawg1181

Aug 30, 2017
    I think the Hangsen No. 5 should be similar to the 555, according to this. Although this lists 555 white, not gold, whatever that means. The name of the SDS I have for No.5 is upload_2018-2-23_13-58-18.png Not sure where the below list came from, but it's a list of Hangsen flavors, that have a column for flavor type, and one for their label name:
    upload_2018-2-23_13-47-58.png

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. smacuser

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    IDK. I really like No.5. I'm just not sure about INW 555 Gold as of yet (I meant INW, sorry).

And I'm not reordering Highway at this time. Go figure.

• Like Like x 1
  8. sk25411

sk25411 Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    Purilum Sweet Tobacco and INW 555 gold taste really similar to me. More tobacco in the 555, even at half the strength.

The sweet tobacco isn’t really too sweet, like a sickly sweet, it’s more subtle imo.

I haven’t posted here in a minute because I really really like the purilum sweet tobacco, and haven’t wanted to try anything new.

I’m waiting for my diyordie pistachio ry4 to steep. It smells amazing so far. I also mixed the same recipe with PST instead of TFA ry4d.

Gonna try some more PST with pistachio, and some vanilla, will update.

• Like Like x 4
  9. smacuser

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    I'm finding the PST to be more of a base flavor that needs a partner. When I get around to it, like I said in the other thread, I'll be adding some banana nut bread or cinnamon danish.

I did get some pistachio, though, to mix with my Ry4d :thumbs:

• Like Like x 3
  10. ToolmanTexas

ToolmanTexas Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    Other thread??

Hook a brother up so I have a watch on that one also.

• Like Like x 1
  11. smacuser

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    sk2 started a Purilum ST thread down the street there.

Also check out @vapdivrr 's Good Tobacco Flavor thread currently on page 2. That one deals more with nuts to mix with tobacco instead of straight up, stand alone here.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ToolmanTexas

ToolmanTexas Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    Thanks, subscribed!

• Like Like x 1
  13. j122068

j122068 Full Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Ravenden springs AR
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but Western from Tfa tastes allot like Havana gold from Ave juice

• Like Like x 3
  14. smacuser

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    I have that one on my next to buy list. I read where someone compared that flavor to Space Jam's Eclipse.

15. sk25411

Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    Broke down and tried my diyordie pistachio ry4, just a day shy of 2 weeks.

12mg, 50/50
    4% cap sugar cookie
    3% TFA ry4d
    3% fw butterscotch ripple
    3% TFA vanilla swirl
    2% TFA pistachio
    .5% TFA sweetener

My gosh this stuff is good. I know it’s FAR from a traditional tobacco, but everything just works together in this recipe.

The butterscotch is so delicious, and the cookie notes just accent the idea behind the ry4d.

I can see myself vaping a lot of this stuff.

• Like Like x 4
  16. smacuser

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    Do think I can sub tfa caramel for the butterscotch?

17. sk25411

Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    In reading around about this recipe and the ingredients before deciding to make it, it seems that the butterscotch ripple is pretty unique.

Reviews of it on reddit, etc, seem to say that it’s way creamier than other butterscotch concentrates, almost like a cream/ice cream-ish.

I’m sure it would still be good with caramel though. Also, people seem to use a different vanilla consistently as well.

Next up is he same recipe, except with Purilum Sweet Tobacco for the ry4d.

• Like Like x 2
  18. IDJoel

IDJoel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    Here's a link to Wayne's revised recipe; in which he uses a caramel (Medicine Flower in this case). Be sure to read the flavor notes near the bottom... it sounds like other caramel concentrates could be used.:D

This is the link to Wayne's original; for comparison. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  19. smacuser

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    Awesome IDJ! Turns out I also needed Vanilla Swirl, but have VBIC.

• Like Like x 1
  20. sk25411

Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    The version with sweet tobacco, so far after a few puffs, isn’t even close to the one with ry4d.

By not close, it’s not a bad thing, but it changes the recipe A LOT. There’s definitely MORE tobacco in this one, but I’m not sure yet if I like that.

The pistachio doesn’t seem to come out as much with the sweet tobacco, I think.

It’s good, but I prefer the original recipe.

@IDJoel thanks for posting the links, i suck at technology hah!

• Like Like x 2