smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I got my dunhill the other day, just mixed up a solo 10ml at 3%.

What’s the norm for you guys with dunhill? Steep time? Additions?

It smells exactly like a few of the halo liquids I tried when I first started. Specifically the freedom juice and midnight apple.
    That's great news. I think Freedom juice, along with TriBeCa, were my favorites out of Halo's sample tin.

Reactions: MacTechVpr

sk25411

ECF Veteran
    Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    That's great news. I think Freedom juice, along with TriBeCa, were my favorites out of Halo's sample tin.

I dripped a little 3% dunhill yesterday just to try it quick, and yep, tasted exactly like halo freedom juice to me.

Now, I wasn’t exactly a huge fan of it when I tried it, so I’m not thrilled. However, it’s only been a few days, I’m sure it will come together differently.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    I dripped a little 3% dunhill yesterday just to try it quick, and yep, tasted exactly like halo freedom juice to me.

Now, I wasn’t exactly a huge fan of it when I tried it, so I’m not thrilled. However, it’s only been a few days, I’m sure it will come together differently.
    Depending on your tastes it may not be your cup of tea. Never tried halo freedom but lots of vendors use SC/Dekang in their mixes so not surprised.

On another note, I mixed up some Hangsen Congress and really like this one. A nice, dry tobacco flavor. Its a keeper.

Also did a Flavor West 555 and not digging it at all. Has a taste I'm not liking but can't put my finger on. Its the only 555 I've tried so far and 555 may not be for me.

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Detroit
    On another note, I mixed up some Hangsen Congress and really like this one. A nice, dry tobacco flavor. Its a keeper.

I was given a 10ml bottle of HS Congress a while back, from a friend. I never got around to giving it a try. After seeing your review, I decided to give it a whirl. Just mixed up a 7ml test bottle at 5%. I'll give it a week and try it in my test dripper. Thanks for the reminder.

Reactions: ToolmanTexas

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    I was given a 10ml bottle of HS Congress a while back, from a friend. I never got around to giving it a try. After seeing your review, I decided to give it a whirl. Just mixed up a 7ml test bottle at 5%. I'll give it a week and try it in my test dripper. Thanks for the reminder.
    I did 5% also and did a shake and vape... look forward to your thoughts.

Reactions: Detroit Doug

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Detroit
    I did 5% also and did a shake and vape... look forward to your thoughts.
    I've been sampling the Congress daily, in my mini-dripper, since I mixed it on 4/6. I was going to give it a week, but figured I'd just try a few drops every evening. In the first week I have to admit I wasn't impressed. There was a note in it that I couldn't put my finger on, but it just wasn't very appealing to me. I was almost ready to ditch it, but figured I'd just keep checking and see if it improved.

By the 2 week mark, I noticed a real change. That off note I noticed in the first week or so, had faded away and had changed into a pretty darn nice tobacco flavor. I'm enjoying it now. It has potential. I'll probably start thinking of other flavors to mix it with and see where this experiment goes. I'm glad I gave it a little extra time. If I had been in a bottle washing mood, I'd have probably given it the heave-ho at the end of the first week.

I'd be curious if you still had some that had had a chance to steep, and if so, has it improved?

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    I've been sampling the Congress daily, in my mini-dripper, since I mixed it on 4/6. I was going to give it a week, but figured I'd just try a few drops every evening. In the first week I have to admit I wasn't impressed. There was a note in it that I couldn't put my finger on, but it just wasn't very appealing to me. I was almost ready to ditch it, but figured I'd just keep checking and see if it improved.

By the 2 week mark, I noticed a real change. That off note I noticed in the first week or so, had faded away and had changed into a pretty darn nice tobacco flavor. I'm enjoying it now. It has potential. I'll probably start thinking of other flavors to mix it with and see where this experiment goes. I'm glad I gave it a little extra time. If I had been in a bottle washing mood, I'd have probably given it the heave-ho at the end of the first week.

I'd be curious if you still had some that had had a chance to steep, and if so, has it improved?
    I have to be honest, I liked it from a shake and vape start and it is still holding up for good flavor for me. I didn't have the neccessity to steep but with the variance of tastes that is just the case sometimes.

JD1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 20, 2010
    KY
    I 99.9% sure the SC is actually Dekang flavors and they are re-branded by the various retailers.
    Called SC at Bull City, Vapers Tek and VZ and Flavor Express at EcigExpress. Love the Dunhill flavor, it's my all time favorite.
    There's a lot of speculation that SC flavors are from Xi'an Muren Industry & Trade Co. Ltd, but I'm not sure if that's ever been verified or not. What ever the source, I think you're right about them being the same from the various retailers though. I know my SC French Pipe from Bull City was the exact same as a previous one from EcigExpress, but that's the only one I have experience with.

But I can say the SC flavors are my favorites. As much as I love some of my Inawera and Hangsen flavors, SC Cigar is probably my number one with Real Cig and French Pipe running a close second.

Happy vaping everyone.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    TI know my SC French Pipe from Bull City was the exact same as a previous one from EcigExpress, but that's the only one I have experience with.
    Dunhill is the same also so yeah, I'm convinced these are from the same manufacturer and repackaged/branded by the various sellers.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
    Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    On which percentage you are making Soho?And what pg/vg and steeping time?

Poslato sa PRA-LX1 uz pomoć Tapatoka

14%, 60pg/40vg. Steep time is LONG. I made 100ml in mid January and started vaping it in April.

My next batch, I just made yesterday, except I am “seed steeping” this one. Basically I left 10ml of steeped mix in the bottle (120ml) and filled the rest with new mix. We shall see if it makes a difference.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
    Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    A while ago I made pistachio ry4 from diyordie, and I wasn’t too fond of it. There was too much going on there.

I literally did 5% ry4d and 3% pistachio, and it’s much better!

None of the other things needed imo.

Edit: also, just filled my tank with ry4d 6%, FW butter pecan 3%, quite nice!

Last edited:

Vicman

ECF Veteran
    Jun 6, 2014
    Chicago
    I made a classic rookie mistake. I had some Purilum Vanilla Tobacco mixed up at 6% and liked it. Unfortunately, it did not hold my interest for long. So I decided to add some cherry from OneDrop to the mix. I did a couple weeks ago and just got around to trying it; it is awesome, a totally nice cherry to go with the vanilla tobacco. Here's the rookie part: I did not record how much of the cherry I added to the mix and now am going to have to experiment to try to replicate this. Going to start with Vanilla Tobacco (Pur) at 6% and add Cherry (OneDrop) at 2% and adjust if necessary. I will find an acceptable mix, might take a few tweaks.

I will say, the stuff I am vaping right now is nice. A very pleasant cherry to go along with a nice vanilla tobacco. As I sit back and vape and can imagine it being a pipe :vapor:. Not that I ever smoked a pipe but this is what I imagine a cherry vanilla pipe would taste like. Kind of reminds me of what my grandpa used to smell like as he was a pipe smoker. Wanted to throw this out there in the event that someone else took advantage of the crazy low prices they had on OneDrop a few weeks ago. If you have the cherry and wanted to try a cherry tobacco, might be worth a try.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
    Jun 6, 2014
    Chicago
    Been on a fruity tobacco kick lately. I have been enjoying this one quite a bit. It's a bourbon peach tobacco using Purilum tobacco bourbon at 6% along with white peach (FA) 2% and peach (OneDrop) 2%. Very bold tobacco with a nice bourbon finish. I added the OneDrop peach to see if it enhanced the white peach like it's supposed to. So far, it seems to make the peach a little more authentic. Like I said, I've really been enjoying this one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread