Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcdozer

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Northern VA
Those two flavors are still being made. They just don't seem to have any U.S. resellers offering them any more.:( I don't know if it was a decision based on lack of sales, or if Inawera couldn't supply enough of it, or if it was something else.

You can still buy it directly from Inawera (in Poland) through either of these sites:
-- Search - Inawera Flavors
-- e-aromashop-INAWERA GROUP

Both are reputable sites, that ECF members have used repeatedly.
Thank you!

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Okay, gotta share this. I've been doing mostly Hangsen tobacco flavors since I've been vaping for the last year+. Always been interested in NET's but never tried any. The most mainstream was HHV, and it's a juice, not a flavoring - and I'd heard they're all pretty sweetened. I'd come across Stixx Mixx a while back, but they were pretty new, and I wasn't really sure about them yet. I noticed that Nic River carries their flavorings now, and I needed VG and nic, so I ordered a few 10ml bottles of flavors. I got them yesterday, and mixed some - all VG, 7%, 14 nic.

Even though it hadn't steeped, I couldn't help trying it. I was rebuilding this am, and primed with the American Virginian. Wow! This stuff is awesome! Even without steeping, it was so good I went ahead and filled the tank with it. Been vaping it all day, and it's the best, most satisfying juice I've ever had. Pure tobacco flavor, somewhat dry but well rounded with good mouthfeel, and that distinctive Virginian "funk" in the background. Just tastes like a premium natural unfiltered cig, only better.

I can't wait to taste it after a week or so, along with the other flavors I ordered - A+ Blend, Honduran Ligero, Sweet Brightleaf. But then, I probably won't wait - I'll likely vape this tank dry, and fill with the next one.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Even though I used too much PG when I made the NET(lessons learned being my first try). I ended up with using the NET as the PG in my 60/40 juice and it turned out great. I had to use a couple broken Cuban cigars I found while traveling in a smoke shop since you can't buy leaf tobac in Canada. I too never let the juice steep and it was fantastic, enough that I ran out of my NET long before I could have any sorta steep time on any juice I built with it.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
@Brewdawg1181 great info!

You might also like these to add to your arsenals of NETS. Big Spirit is a personal fave.

Extracts
Thanks, Toolman - I appreciate the tip. I might have to try it down the road. I smoked American Spirit in my final smoking years, so if it's supposed to taste similar, it'd probably be right up my alley. I'd found those guys when I started diy, and kind of forgot about them.

But man, that looks pretty expensive - 30ml costs $47 vs. $11 for Stixx, and you mix it at 25% instead of 7%. So that'd make it compare at $173 vs. $11. So it'd really have to be good for me to make it a habit! Doesn't mean I won't try it sometime, though.

Do you mix at 25%? And do you get the PG or VG, and which extraction- cold or heat?

Reactions: DavidOck

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
After not smoking a pipe for 2 years while vaping instead I tried the pipe again, different ball game, you puff on it not inhaling then you can inhale a little bit, flavor is so strong.
When I first began vaping I got no flavor just watched the vapor. Another vaporizer gave some flavor. I started the make your own liquid and thought I was doing okay but after trying the pipe I've got to say no the flavor is not there. Thinking of trying the net flavors to see if they are stronger. Doubling the amount of flavor added to the liquid didn't work.
Oddly switching to a vaporizer did easily get me off the pipe even with little or no flavor, the nicotine satisfied me and I didn't need the pipe. I slowly decreased the nicotine and am now down to zero.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
i have been using rayon for about a yr now.

switch to single coil builds and started using clapton coils are the 2 changes. my coils have always for the most part gunked up fast i just dry burned and re wicked alot them alot

yes correct i have been using this process for a long time since about the time the lemo v1 came out. i'm kind of a nit and even use distilled water when cleaning. Clean my coils isn't the problem its how fast the build up on the coils. The reason for tossing my clapton after 1-2 uses is do to not being able to brush the core wire(s) and the build up stays in the center which makes for a not so pleasant experience.

maybe i'll just go back to a standard 24g k spaced coils. decent vape easy clean.

Bourbon Mousse tobacco
RF Aged Bourbon Cream 1%
VT Chocolate Mousse 3%
HS Fortune Strike 4%

IMO the flavors in this come together to make it taste like a pretty potent baccy.
How do you like the HS Fortune Strike as a standalone - or do you do standalone tobacco?

EricMorr

Jul 2, 2018
Pitman, NJ
I just bought some NET flavors from Stixx Mixx. Canadian Virginian and the Whisky Cavendish. They haven't steeped long enough yet (2 weeks) but I tried some of the CV. Mmmm, it was good. I ordered right from the website. He shipped out my flavors right away. The website has more choices than Nicotine River, FYI.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
wth? Made a post, it clearly showed up twice. Edited one (above). Save, and the other one disappeared?
Anyway,
I just bought some NET flavors from Stixx Mixx. Canadian Virginian and the Whisky Cavendish. They haven't steeped long enough yet (2 weeks) but I tried some of the CV. Mmmm, it was good. I ordered right from the website. He shipped out my flavors right away. The website has more choices than Nicotine River, FYI.
What I said was - SM is my first NET, but I don't think they really need to steep. I just tried some I just mixed vs. some mixed about a month ago. Very little difference, and if anything, I think the fresher one might've been a little better. Not my experience with non-net tobaccos.

Maybe because it's just the essence of the tobacco diluted with vg, that already tastes correct- rather than a chemical cocktail mixed to taste like tobacco, with some odd aromatics or notes that need to "settle down" before it tastes right.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
It is good as a standalone.
Okay, Fran- but now I have to ask- what other tobacco flavors do you like? And what does this one do for you compared to others.
Don't know why I never tried it. My dad smoked Luckies, and I enjoyed them occasionally. I mean, unfiltered was hardcore for even a Marlboro red smoker, but sometimes they were just perfect when I bummed one from him. Don't know why I always think of this with Luckies, but if you've smoked at the beach when it's really windy, you can't get a good hit off a smoke - so I'd bum one of his Luckies, and they really hit the spot then. But, that was way back when I was only 6 or 7 - he'd quit when I was older.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Okay, Fran- but now I have to ask- what other tobacco flavors do you like? And what does this one do for you compared to others.
    Don't know why I never tried it. My dad smoked Luckies, and I enjoyed them occasionally. I mean, unfiltered was hardcore for even a Marlboro red smoker, but sometimes they were just perfect when I bummed one from him. Don't know why I always think of this with Luckies, but if you've smoked at the beach when it's really windy, you can't get a good hit off a smoke - so I'd bum one of his Luckies, and they really hit the spot then. But, that was way back when I was only 6 or 7 - he'd quit when I was older.
    I got a chuckle out of that.I smoked non filtered Luckies for 40+ years. The Hangsen tobaccos have always been my fav and hubs also. Hubs vapes all straight tobacco and all Hangsen flavors. These days I vape some straight tobacco and a lot of tobacco blends mostly all Hangsen flavors. My favs are Fortune Strike (Magic Mix).Ry3,Flue Cured,T5 and a few others.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    I got a chuckle out of that.I smoked non filtered Luckies for 40+ years. The Hangsen tobaccos have always been my fav and hubs also. Hubs vapes all straight tobacco and all Hangsen flavors. These days I vape some straight tobacco and a lot of tobacco blends mostly all Hangsen flavors. My favs are Fortune Strike (Magic Mix).Ry3,Flue Cured,T5 and a few others.
    I loved Hangsen - for a long time it was TAB, Highway, and Gold & Silver, when I first tried G&S it was like - wow, reminds me of a Lucky! A little sharp to be an adv, but after a few beers, and you really want tobacco, it'd scratch that itch for me. So I may throw a little Fortune Strike/Magic Mix on my next order.

Now I feel like an NET evangelist, though. I tried my first net, and it was like BAM! That's it! Holy cow, this is what I've been missing. A month or so ago, I ordered some Stixx Mixx flavoring, and it's so good, I can't even really finish my tanks with Hangsen in them any more. It is seriously good, authentic tobacco flavor. American Virginian is the bomb! Keeping me busy rebuilding though - I love a fresh coil & wick, and they don't lie when they say it's a gunker. But sooo worth it.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    I've only tried 3 Stixx and I'm not at all impressed. The A+ was quite good at a week but total blah at 3 weeks.Not a gunker at all. It's clear as a bell.
    Actually, the A+ was probably my least favorite of the 4 I tried. Like real tobacco, I guess, but unremarkable in the flavor dept. I love the American Virginian, it's by far my favorite. The Sweet Brightleaf is very good, but doesn't seem to have the "character" or nuance of AV. The Honduran Ligero is fantastic- just like the essence of a very expensive, smooth cigar. But I can't do cigar flavors as an adv, and it doesn't have quite the throat hit I need.

None of them are very dark, but cut my required rebuild time in about 1/2.

What other flavors did you try?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread