The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by dannyv45, Apr 15, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Skunk!

Skunk! Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2014
    Las Vegas
    Thanks I am looking forward to trying it:)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2017
    Okay, so I'm nearing the point to order more NET. My first and only was Stixx Mixx. Been using mostly American Virginian and Sweet Brightleaf. Other than N.E.T., who else makes a good flavoring that I might want to try?

• Like Like x 1
  3. sk25411

sk25411 Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    I have been going hog wild on single flavor FA Soho for a few weeks now.

Somewhere along the line, soho tasted like dishsoap to me, and I put it in my steep box. After a LONG time, this stuff is incredible. I’ve mixed a ton of it and it’s just waiting patiently to get delicious again.

Every time I put something else in one of my doggies, I find myself reaching for my Soho tank in no time at all.

Mixing it @14%, steeping over 2 months. Very easy on coils too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. MartinD

MartinD Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2017
    Here's my setup after 6ml SM American Virginian:)
    IMG_20180913_012643.jpg
    Concentrated Parliament (JF,VZ) is must have flavor.I'm using it for last 7-8 months in my daily rotation.2% and month and a half steeping for full flavor.Very cigalike and creamy,goes well with beer and after meal:)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Brewdawg1181

Aug 30, 2017
    Hey, thanks for the replies, guys. But I didn't do a good job of asking my question. :confused:
    I meant to ask specifically for other NET flavorings.

6. Walter Ladd

Walter Ladd Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    RealExtracts.com are the best I know. They sell concentrates of the tobaccos.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. isso

isso Senior Member Verified Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Alberta
    I have been using Hangsen tobacco exclusively for 3 years and i was thinking that nothing will come close to their tobacco. I have tested everything tobacco from most vendors and they all fail miserably until i tasted the INW Black and Dark for Pipe. I was in a shock that they were able to dethrone the King of Tobacco Hangsen.
    I have been vaping these 2 delicious flavors non-stop for the last week and i directly re-ordered one big bottle of each.

Every Tobacco lover who is looking for the best tobacco flavor should try those 2 Inawera perfection.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. Leo Bak

Leo Bak Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2015
    Netherlands
    Yes very nice flavors. Dark for Pipe is nice after either a short steep, like two weeks, or long steep, like two months. In between didn't like it that much. Also the TA Cuban Cigar, Virginia and Garuda might be worth a try.

Still using HS Highway, Concentrated and No.5 aswell.

• Like Like x 2
  9. dennism

dennism Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    I like their am4a, in fact I'm vaping it now.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Brewdawg1181

Aug 30, 2017
    I was a Hangsen guy for a long time. Been doing NETs the last few months, and haven't really been using them lately. I'm not a fan of pipe tobaccos, but INW's Flue Cured is pretty awesome. And their Garuda is nice when you want some cigar character.

• Like Like x 3
  11. snkrumble

snkrumble Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 4, 2015
    Port Huron, MI, USA
    Hopefully its ok to ask in this thread (did not want to start another thread)

Getting back in to making my own I left off with some tobaccos and failed somewhat.

I have a jug of vg and small 30ml bottle of 100mg pg nic so looking to mix some stuff up with what I currently have till my stuff I ordered comes in.

Anyway any recommendations where to start or what to try with what I have?

Hangsen ry4 (only one I have experience with usually run this at 10%)
    Tobacco Cavendish type wg inawera
    Black Cherry for pipe inawera
    Virginia tobacco hangsen
    Shisha Vanilla inawera
    Also have some marshmellow also (used this to sweeten other recipes when I was big on custards).
    Just curious any recommendations for mixing something up sort of sweet tobacco from what I have?

12. ToolmanTexas

ToolmanTexas Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    Grab this calculator if you don't already have it or one to use:
    eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator

I like simple, not complicated, so I would start with the Virginia at 5% and mix one small batch with that only and then maybe another with Virginia 5% and maybe some of the marshmallow at 1%. The Ry4 at 10% sounds good to me and if you dig it there ya go.

• Like Like x 1
  13. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    Missing this thread, I figured it's time for a bump.

Right now, I'm digging on Goofy's Juice; A mix of RY4 Double with hazelnut, peanut butter, graham cracker and AP.

As for single tobacco flavors, here's my current top 10:

1. Red USA Mix - HS
    2. Elder Captain - HS
    3. Maxx Blend - FA
    4. Gold Ducat - INW
    5. Dark Vapure - FA
    6. RY4 Double - TFA
    7. No. 5 - HS
    8. Highway - HS
    9. Tab Blended - HS
    10. 555 Gold - INW
    Honorable mentions are Soho - FA, and Sweet Tobacco - PUR

Happy New Year!

• Like Like x 9
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Brewdawg1181

Aug 30, 2017
    Since I found Stixx Mixx NET flavorings, I'm not doing the others as much. But I do still keep HS-Tab & Highway around. I prefer the Tab most. I'm out of HS Gold & Silver, but like that one as well.

I don't really do them straight up anymore, but tank mix them with NETs. Always wanted to try the HS - Red Mix, but it seems every time I placed a flavoring order, they were out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    I had seen you and others bring up SM. Looks like American Virginia would be a good start. A+ Blend and Oriental 456 also look interesting. NR looks like they're not selling it anymore. Gremlin DIY really doesn't have any reviews. Are you buying directly from SM?

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Brewdawg1181

Aug 30, 2017
    No, they still have them. Just ordered more Saturday. But it's weird to get there on their site. Click Flavorings, then Tobacco, and you'll see Stixx Mixx on the left banner. Here's the direct link: https://www.nicotineriver.com/collections/stixx-mixx-extracts

You can order direct from Ty on his site as well. He sells them at about the same price, but different sizes than NR offers, and he'll do custom samplers if you want. He's a really good guy, and I communicated with him quite a bit before I first ordered. I usually get it from NR, so I can get it with my VG & Nic. If you order direct from him, I've wanted to try the Supreme, but NR doesn't carry it.

I do like the American Virginian best, but Sweet Brightleaf is great, too. A+ is very good, and bold, but more straight ahead tobacco, like an American Spirit... maybe a little less "interesting" flavor than the others, but still very good. Those are my 3 faves from them.

• Like Like x 1
  17. IDJoel

IDJoel Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    That's odd... this is what I see when I go to your link:
    upload_2019-1-4_18-2-46.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    That's what I see too

19. Brewdawg1181

Aug 30, 2017
    Ha! Just tried, and that's what I got too. But they haven't removed SM completely from the menu yet. Guess this explains why they still haven't shipped the order I place almost a week ago. Wonder why they didn't tell me that when replying to my email. This is what I got Thursday (after ordering Saturday):
    We apologize for any inconvenience caused! As of right now I cannot provide an exact ETA as to when it will ship. Due to the sale, holidays, and 4 day weekend we had, we are experiencing slight delays in processing orders. I don’t see why it wouldn’t ship out this week.

Wonder why they didn't just tell me they aren't going to carry it any more. I'll just order from the SM site if they're not gonna ship.

• Like Like x 2
  20. MartinD

MartinD Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2017
    Virginian,A+ and Sweet Brightleaf are coil killers,3-5ml and changing setup.Not worth money if you ask me.A+ is more tobacco-ish but none of them aren't giving you smell of tobacco.Virginian and Sweet are similar tobacco flavors with vanilla clasic and A+ is pecan with tobacco.There are bunch of similar non-natural tobaccos.Only pros are short steping time,2-7 days.Also,that Stixx Mixx owner looks like Del Boy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1