Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricMorr

Jul 2, 2018
Pitman, NJ
Just received my order from bestcigliquid.co.uk last night. So it took a week and half to get across the pond to New Jersey. I can already tell a difference between them and the Stixx Mixx. I open up the concentrate bottle to add to my mix, and I actually get a strong smell, unlike the SM. Now the waiting game for steeping :(

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Detroit
Which one of you uses Hangsen tobaccos?Can you give me a recommendation for dosing and steeping for the following: Hangsen Virginia, Ry1, Ry4, Turkish blended and no.5?

I have No 5, Desert Ship, Highway, Indian, Tab Blended, RY 1, & Turkish, and use them on a regular basis. I've settled in at 4 - 5% for my tastes. Mine normally have a couple of months steeping before they get into rotation, but that's just because of my rotation schedule. I've found Hangsen tobaccos are normally good to go after a week or so. Good luck with them!

EricMorr

Jul 2, 2018
Pitman, NJ
Just received my order from bestcigliquid.co.uk last night. So it took a week and half to get across the pond to New Jersey. I can already tell a difference between them and the Stixx Mixx. I open up the concentrate bottle to add to my mix, and I actually get a strong smell, unlike the SM. Now the waiting game for steeping :(
So I tried out the NET's from bestcigliquid.co.uk. The Captain Jack's is a rich tobacco and chocolatey. Little bit of rum on the after taste occasionally. My favorite of the 3. I'd like more of a tobacco flavor, but I'm afraid if I went more than the 12% on the first test batch, it would be like vaping a Guiness. The lark is exactly as they describe it. Light tobacco with a hint of citrus. Not an all day vape for me, but will be mixed again in the future. The Philosopher's Pipe is just OK. They describe it as being fruity, but it tastes like clove to me. Over powering clove, no real tobacco taste. Not my cup of tea is all. They are good enough to make me order from them again. So I did! Trying After 7, Londoner and the USA Mix. I should add, they all needed a month steeping, minimum.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Yeah Philosopher pipe is an acquired taste...apparently. Definitely get some more. They have a huge range and lots of character in there. You're bound to find a few that will be for you...it was like that for me :thumb:
If you're on facebook, look them up and join. They're very active and you can ask and discuss the flavors.

Last edited:

Rcon

Aug 11, 2016
I have been using bestcigliquid (BCL) in the UK for a few years now. There has been some debate in the past as to whether they use NET's or not but BCL robustly maintain that they do. I personally think it more likely though that they actually use absolutes purchased in bulk, which would make much more sense considering the comparatively low price-point they sell at yet high quality they achieve. To be honest though I've long since stopped caring and these days just enjoy the great tobacco flavour combinations they offer.

As an aside I spent nearly £100.00 on Stixx Mixx last year and was totally underwhelmed and they have long since been flushed away. I have no doubt they were excellent pure extracts, but they made me realise that wasn't the taste I was actually seeking after all (even though I thought it was). In contrast I have nearly 3 litres of various BCL juices in the steeping cupboard at any one time (made up from BCL concentrates) and I love them.

For my tastebuds the stand out BCL tobacco flavours I would recommend to try would be, Honey Flue Cured, Burley, Cohiba, Old Holborn, Old Captain (rich rum & tobacco - pipe like), 565 Virginia and Turkish. Burley would probably be the most natural pure tobacco taste out of them I've tasted and I think it's outstanding. All of them top notch though, IMO.

Mix percentages for BCL concentrates should usually be between 8% to 12%, with 10% being the most popular it seems based on the user feedback I've seen. I personally use 8%-10% and it seems more than enough for me as a low watt MTL tootle puffer. Usual 2+ week steep, 4+ weeks preferable. Burley though is great from 24 hours onwards.

Consider them natural tobaccos with added flavours and you won't go far wrong I think. They come up with some great mixes IMO, whether they are actually NET's, absolutes, or otherwise. Definitely recommended.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Yeah, I read this thread start to finish when I started DIY, too. My favorites were - in order: HS Tab (very well rounded with good TH), INW Flue Cured (bright fresh authentic tobacco flavor), HS Gold & Silver (reminded me of smoking one of my Dads' Luckies). I didn't really like any sweetened tobacco, or any of the pipe or cigar flavorings. SC Cohiba was okay, but not enough TH, and I tired of cigar flavor.

But once I tried Stixx Mixx NETs, that became all I use. The American Virginian and Sweet Brightleaf, and A+. Going from non NET to NET was like going from listening to music from your phone speaker to a live performance at a concert hall.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Yeah, I read this thread start to finish when I started DIY, too. My favorites were - in order: HS Tab (very well rounded with good TH), INW Flue Cured (bright fresh authentic tobacco flavor), HS Gold & Silver (reminded me of smoking one of my Dads' Luckies). I didn't really like any sweetened tobacco, or any of the pipe or cigar flavorings. SC Cohiba was okay, but not enough TH, and I tired of cigar flavor.

But once I tried Stixx Mixx NETs, that became all I use. The American Virginian and Sweet Brightleaf, and A+. Going from non NET to NET was like going from listening to music from your phone speaker to a live performance at a concert hall.

Thanks for the reply Brewdawg. I am finding that I like that I like, for lack of a better term, synthetic tobaccos. I really like the Red Burley from Flavorah and the different notes it has. When I first started vaping I liked NET's primarily, but over time the coil gunk factor and just the dankness of NET's swayed me away.

I've always heard great things about hangsen and flavorah when it came to tobaccos. I just don't know which one to get. I suppose sharing that I like more of a pipe or cigar profile would help.

MartinD

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2017
Can you guys recommend some others I should have in my DIY stash?
INW Black for Pipe,Hangsen Usa Red,CF Parliament,Euroflavors American Blend Gold and maybe Flavorah Kentucky Blend(bad on coils but solid tobacco).CF Parliament and EF American Blend Gold are most realistic tobacco flavors I have tried.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Hey all! I've been reading this thread all the way back to 2015. I just started venturing into DIY and bought a few tobacco flavors that I really like. Red Burley, tantaka, and a cured tobacco- all from Flavorah. Can you guys recommend some others I should have in my DIY stash?
My favorite tobacco is Purilum Sweet Tobacco. It’s a really light tobacco with a subtle sweetness and maybe a nutty ish flavor. That’s the best I can do to describe it so if it sounds appealing give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread