ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I'm super familiar with the AP Danny, but what are the others,

triacetin

Will give a mix that soda pop fizz unfortunitly TFA no longer carries it. Some taste it at 1 - 2% others need 10 or more percent so always start low and work up.
Some have tried the blueberry candy and said it worked like triacetin but I myself haven't so your on your own with that.
http://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/p-7243-blueberry-candy-flavor-triacetin.aspx?keyword=triacetin

trimethyl pyrazine

As described on TFA
2,3,5 Trimethyl Pyrazine diluted to 10% in Propylene Glycol heart/mid note
nutty musty earthy powdery cocoa roasted peanut
http://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/p-6235-trimethyl-pyrazine-10-pg.aspx?keyword=trimethyl+pyrazine

This is a good additive to add that nutty, musty almost fruity chocolate note when cloning halo prime, tribeca and torque.

methylbutyr aldehyde

As described on TFA
taste description: Musty and rummy, with nutty and cereal notes - caramel and fruity undernotes

(Mosciano, Gerard- Perfumer & Flavorist 23, No. 1, 33, (1998))
Perfumers Apprentice - Methylbutyraldehyde 1% (PG)

Also a good additive to add that nutty, musty almost fruity chocolate note when cloning halo prime, tribeca and torque. This is just a little breadier and drier then the above but with a rummy exotic note

Both the formentioned are knock your socks off powerful stuff so start at 1/4 to a half percent.

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
I have HS Gold and Silver and Virginia that I haven't mixed yet. They both smell like typical HS tobaccos (which is a good thing of course). I was going to mix straight with no additive @ 6% today and see what I think. Anything unusual with these flavors?

Gold & Silver is quickly becoming one of my ADV's. It has a slight cubanish cigar note with a touch of ash to it. Strong and bright vape unlike most of the cuban's I've tried.

The virginia is awesome with 1 - 2% virginia TA and half a percent of EM.

In fact half a percent of EM added to any tobacco mix will thicken and add body to the mix without adding sweetness. At that percent it will actually bring out the tobacco taste.

See look at that I'm actually giving away my little secrets:)

Last edited:

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Gold & Silver is quickly becoming on of my ADV's. It has a slight cubanish cigar note with a touch of ash to it. Strong and bright vape unlike most of the cuban's I've tried.
G&S I didn't mention, as I'm still on the fence about it.
To me, it had no taste at all, and I've gone up to 8%, is that TOO much or not enough, or does it need a complementary flavor added to bring it out ??
I guess I can chalk that up to my crummy taste buds again, ..can't judge something I can't taste :unsure:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
G&S I didn't mention, as I'm still on the fence about it.
To me, it had no taste at all, and I've gone up to 8%, is that TOO much or not enough, or does it need a complementary flavor added to bring it out ??
I guess I can chalk that up to my crummy taste buds again, ..can't judge something I can't taste :unsure:

I also use it at 8%. This mix NEEDS 2 - 3 weeks steeping so try letting it steep for 2 weeks and see if it improves. That should bring out the flavor. I also use 2% rustica TA in it. Also try adding half a percent of EM. BUT most importantly you need to steep it.

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
I also use it at 8%. BUT most importantly you need to steep it.
Yup, all of my juices are 4-8 weeks old at the least.
I mix way ahead of myself. Right now, I'm working on the ones I mixed in January :ohmy:
I just like mixing up new stuff to try ... faster than I can vape :p

What is " 2% rustica TA "
I've been seeing that mentioned lately, on other forums too, but I'm not familiar with it.
Gee's .. after 3 years vaping, I hate to admit there's something I don't know about, or haven't dabbled in. :p

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
I mix way ahead of myself. Right now, I'm working on the ones I mixed in January :ohmy:

I've been seeing that mentioned lately, on other forums too, but I'm not familiar with it.
Gee's .. after 3 years vaping, I hate to admit there's something I don't know about, or haven't dabbled in. :p

I am in the same camp as you are when it comes to steeping. As for Rustica, here is the source, if that is what you are asking:

TOBACCO ABSOLUTE: Samara Botane Aromatic Apothecary

And here the discussion:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/654376-tobacco-absolute-flavor-all-itself.html

Last edited:

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
..................What is " 2% rustica TA "

And just in case you haven't seen this and to add to the confusion/enlightenment here is yet another TA to consider. I love, love, love the Rustica but hope to try this new one some day as well.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/666895-review-brand-new-offering-mothers-milk-tobacco-absolute.html

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Danny, when you say add 1-2% TA Virginia do you mean INW TA Virginia? I hope so. I have plenty of that and don't want to buy more flavors until I use the lifetime supply I've already accumulated. lol

I would assume any high quality virginia TA will work. I presently use TFA virginia that I bought just before they stopped selling it.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
triacetin

Will give a mix that soda pop fizz unfortunitly TFA no longer carries it. Some taste it at 1 - 2% others need 10 or more percent so always start low and work up.
Some have tried the blueberry candy and said it worked like triacetin but I myself haven't so your on your own with that..................

Speaking of fizz I noticed this from looking through the Molin Berry flavors at BC (don't know if it delivers or not, though). Fizzy Cola - Vapers Tek

Has anyone tried any of the Molin Berry tobaccos?

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey

That should be plenty of time. I would have to wonder about the quality of the hangsen flavoring then. I know ECX hangsen has been a dud for many and RTS does sometimes have a bad run with flavoring once in a while.. I use hangsen in the original bottles from bullcity or buyhangsen.com.

rustica TA is this
http://www.wingedseed.com/15322/TOBACCO+ABSOLUTE.html
use it to create a 10% concentrate solution in PG/PGA then add 2% of that concentrate to your mix.

For example

4.5ml PG
4.5ml PGA
1ml TA

Add 2% of that concentrate to your mix.

The TA will be delivered to your door as a waxie like paste. You'll need to warm it to thin it then measure out 1ml and add it to that 9ml base. After you make your concentrate you'll need to steep it in hot water for 2 hours not so much to mature it but to completely mix and desolve it. I found 2 hours in an ultrasonic cleaner perfect. I found that 2 - 3% of that concentrate added to your mix perfect.

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
And just in case you haven't seen this and to add to the confusion/enlightenment here is yet another TA to consider. I love, love, love the Rustica but hope to try this new one of these days as well.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/666895-review-brand-new-offering-mothers-milk-tobacco-absolute.html

That's a really good absolute. In fact if you go to there site you will see my review of it right on there selling page.

https://www.mothersmilkwta.com/index.php/catalog/absolute-ta-tobacco-absolute/

Reactions: X-Puppy

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
... create a 10% concentrate solution in PG/PGA then add 2% of that concentrate to your mix.

I am vaping a 10% mixture of that 10% solution all by itself. Translates into 1% pure Rustica. Nothing wrong with that vape; in fact It's pretty good - not too strong, not too weak.. Anyone try it that way?

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Almost. I evaluated mothers milk TA using 3% of a 10% solution on it's own in an 85VG/15pg base which I thinned just enough to get it to wick properly with saline.. I wanted to see if high VG would mute taste with no steeping and I must say there was no difference between that and a 50/50 which impressed me. 10% may be just a tad to high for my taste.

Last edited:

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
Great thread, Danny V! -You showed me the basics of mixing over a year ago and I am still grateful every day. :) -Here are my go-to tobacco recipes so far:

Tobacco Pear: For each 10ml of base, add 12 drops INW Tobacco Pear, 6 drops INW Dark Tobacco & 6 drops INW DNB. This is just out of this world good!

Clove Tobacco: For each 10ml of base, add 7% Hangsen Turkish, 3% TFA Clove, 1% EM, 6 drops INW Tobacco Absolute Virginia & 6 drops INW DNB. :)

Hangsen goodness: For each 10ml of base, 7% of Red USA or DE or Highway or Turkish or RY1 with 6 drops INW DNB :vapor: -All are excellent in their own way!

RY4 variant- For each 10ml of base, 7% TFA RY4D, 3% TFA Bav. Creme, 3% TFA Van. Swirl, 3% TFA Btrsch, 6 drops INW Dark Tobacco & 6 drops INW DNB.

The latest: For each 10ml of base, 2.5% SC Real Cig & 6 drops INW DNB. Reminds me of Seedmans & TA mixed together which is also excellent.

I also "mentholate" some of the above with 8 to 10 drops of TFA Menthol per 10ml. I smoked Newport type cigs for 25 years. :facepalm:

Looking forward to more ideas from this thread. :)

Last edited:

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
Just like Johnny, I learned the basics from Danny when I first started. One of his simple recipes saved me from going back to analogs - Hangsen Red USA mixed with a bit of TA. It's a cigarette type vape which I am still vaping today. Thanks Danny, we are all your disciples.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dixie1954

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Just like Johnny, I learned the basics from Danny when I first started. One of his simple recipes saved me from going back to analogs - Hangsen Red USA mixed with a bit of TA. It's a cigarette type vape which I am still vaping today. Thanks Danny, we are all your disciples.

So how long have you've been off those stinkies (cigarettes) now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread