Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art Mustel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2009
I started with 510 cigalikes, then ego and cartos, then appeared the tanks and switched to vivi's, ce4's and family, then aspire bottom coils, then Kayfun and finally Orchids. i continue using my old kayfuns but the orchids are way better (or i like them more-after all they are kinda improved kayfuns) - I have tried several of the modern sub-ohm tanks and no way, I like the Orchids much better. So all my vaping these days is based in drippers, orchids and kayfuns. To me (IMHO) there is nothing better out there.

And back to tobacco flavors, there is a chinese one named Hongtashan (Black Fire) - that is very interesting as standalone or as additive (for those that like some smokiness in ther mixes). it is very concentrated, as standalone, 5 drops or less, in 10ml. It is from the Tobacco Express line of flavors (ECX).

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Now back to tobacco talk. I just recieved a bottle of TFA spearment which I bought to use as a change up when I was in the mood for something other then tobacco. I wanted to see how that would be as a minor note in tobacco. So I took about 5ml's of my american blend and added about .25 of 1 percent of the spearmint (Powerful stuff) and am not sure what to think of it. Kind of an ashy minty dry vape if there is such a thing.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
One of my Bull City orders showed up and now I am steeping some 5ml flavor profile samples. Vapor Teks Real Cig & Wenston. Inawara's Latakia, Classic Camel, Tab Camel, Classic Bright Tobacco, Canadian Type and Dark Tobacco. Each 5ml sample was a 70/30 blend with 3mg nic at 4.5ml and .5 ml of tobacco flavor and had 2 drops of TA Virgina added to it.

I gave a try to the mixture I made the other night of %10 Caps smooth, %2 Hangsen Flu Cured, %2 TA Rustica and %2 Sweet Cream with 1 drop of Western added to the 10ml sample. Could not taste the western at all and the grassy taste of the Flue Cured is way over powering. Hoping a 4 week steep will help this mixture. If not down the drain with it.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
One of my Bull City orders showed up and now I am steeping some 5ml flavor profile samples. Vapor Teks Real Cig & Wenston. Inawara's Latakia, Classic Camel, Tab Camel, Classic Bright Tobacco, Canadian Type and Dark Tobacco. Each 5ml sample was a 70/30 blend with 3mg nic at 4.5ml and .5 ml of tobacco flavor and had 2 drops of TA Virgina added to it.

I gave a try to the mixture I made the other night of %10 Caps smooth, %2 Hangsen Flu Cured, %2 TA Rustica and %2 Sweet Cream with 1 drop of Western added to the 10ml sample. Could not taste the western at all and the grassy taste of the Flue Cured is way over powering. Hoping a 4 week steep will help this mixture. If not down the drain with it.

Yea sounds like that mix needs some steep time. But if you only added 1 drop of western you may need to add more. 1 drop is like half a percent.

Last edited:

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
Has anyone tried extracting tobacco leaves with alcohol? I understand from another thread that the results are fantastic. Seriously thinking about trying it now that someone was generous enough to let me have a good size bottle of 190 proof Everclear. For that I am very grateful.

Tobacco leaves are readily available from sites such as this one. I have tried their Bright Leaf tobacco in a hookah and it is superb.

https://www.leafonly.com

Last edited:

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Now back to tobacco talk. I just recieved a bottle of TFA spearment which I bought to use as a change up when I was in the mood for something other then tobacco. I wanted to see how that would be as a minor note in tobacco. So I took about 5ml's of my american blend and added about .25 of 1 percent of the spearmint (Powerful stuff) and am not sure what to think of it. Kind of an ashy minty dry vape if there is such a thing.

I've been wanting to try some sort of mint for a while but it never seems to make it to my cart. I may pick up some kind of mint chocolate to try because I'm thinking I'd like that as a stand a lone as well.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
I've been wanting to try some sort of mint for a while but it never seems to make it to my cart. I may pick up some kind of mint chocolate to try because I'm thinking I'd like that as a stand a lone as well.

I do know chocolate works very well with tobacco. I use quite a lot of it in my tobacco mixes. Would be an interesting twist with a mint chocolate.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I found the Loranns wintergreen a mighty strong almost medicinal mint thats IMO is a nice change. I made a 3% mix and it overpowered, ruined my glass jug it was in since I can't get the smell out so I just ration the mix into other mixes. I also tried Loranns cream du menthe with a circus cotton candy and its tastes like after8 mints. My all time favorite so far is FW Spearmint in just about any tobacco mix. I really like having a minty taste without the menthol. I've been a menthol smoker so mint in a vape just suits me fine.

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
I'm pretty inexperienced when it comes to tobacco flavorings, but I'd really like to get into more tobaccos, figured this would be a good place to seek advice.

I'm mainly interested in RY4s and adding some tobacco undertones to some juices, and I wouldn't mind doing some straight tobacco recipes either, but I haven't tried enough tobaccos to really know what I'm looking for. I do like a little bit of nuttiness, but I also want a non-ashy, clean and rich tobacco flavor. So, which tobaccos would you vets recommend that I try?

Edit: I've tried some Ry4 flavorings (Double from TFA and Ry4 from FA), but they just didn't have enough tobacco for me by themselves.

Last edited:

Zanaspus

Jun 26, 2014
Columbus OH USA
I'm pretty inexperienced when it comes to tobacco flavorings, but I'd really like to get into more tobaccos, figured this would be a good place to seek advice.

I'm mainly interested in RY4s and adding some tobacco undertones to some juices, and I wouldn't mind doing some straight tobacco recipes either, but I haven't tried enough tobaccos to really know what I'm looking for. I do like a little bit of nuttiness, but I also want a non-ashy, clean and rich tobacco flavor. So, which tobaccos would you vets recommend that I try?

Edit: I've tried some Ry4 flavorings (Double from TFA and Ry4 from FA), but they just didn't have enough tobacco for me by themselves.

Inawera RY4 does not lack for tobacco flavor. Also, when I hear nutty, I immediately think Inw 3 Five

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
Inawera RY4 does not lack for tobacco flavor. Also, when I hear nutty, I immediately think Inw 3 Five

I was actually kind of wondering about the Inawera Ry4, most Ry4s I've tried are too heavy on the caramel and vanilla, but I might just give that one a try. Also, just how nutty is 3 Five?

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
I was actually kind of wondering about the Inawera Ry4, most Ry4s I've tried are too heavy on the caramel and vanilla, but I might just give that one a try.
I don't know if your aware of it, but the lower the number, ie RY3, RY2, RY1, the less caramel and vanilla ... the higher the number, the sweeter it is.
Personally I like the sweeter :blush:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Hangsen highway, Tab, NO.5 are all very good nutty tobaccos with TAB being the nuttest. Hangsen Ry4 and inawera as earlier mentioned are also good choices and they all have great tobacco taste. Read through this complete thread for lots of tobbaco tips and tricks. Your in the right place. RY4's are nothing more then your favorite tobacco with some caramel or vanilla and a sweet or flavored cream added. So trying to make your own is a good project to experiment with. Doing this usually winds up getting the exact RY4 your looking for or maybe something even better. The only limit on that is your imagination.

Last edited:
Reactions: capthook

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
I don't know if your aware of it, but the lower the number, ie RY3, RY2, RY1, the less caramel and vanilla ... the higher the number, the sweeter it is.
Personally I like the sweeter :blush:

I actually wasn't, I always thought RY1 was probably something different... but that goes to show how much I know of tobaccos :facepalm:

Thanks for the tip though, every bit helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread