Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
Hangsen highway, Tab, NO.5 are all very good nutty tobaccos with TAB being the nuttest. Hangsen Ry4 and inawera as earlier mentioned are also good choices and they all have great tobacco taste. Read through this complete thread for lots of tobbaco tips and tricks. Your in the right place. RY4's are nothing more then your favorite tobacco with some caramel or vanilla and a sweet or flavored cream added. So trying to make your own is a good project to experiment with. Doing this usually winds up getting the exact RY4 your looking for or maybe something even better. The only limit on that is your imagination.

Thanks for the advice, I'll definitiley check those out. I'm curious to try Hangsen's and Inawera's tobaccos, since I've heard a lot about them. I've been meaning to jump into tobaccos and RY4s for awhile now, and when I saw this thread, I figured it was time. If I get some good results I'll make sure to post the recipes here :)

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I'm pretty inexperienced when it comes to tobacco flavorings, but I'd really like to get into more tobaccos, figured this would be a good place to seek advice.

I'm mainly interested in RY4s and adding some tobacco undertones to some juices, and I wouldn't mind doing some straight tobacco recipes either, but I haven't tried enough tobaccos to really know what I'm looking for. I do like a little bit of nuttiness, but I also want a non-ashy, clean and rich tobacco flavor. So, which tobaccos would you vets recommend that I try?

Edit: I've tried some Ry4 flavorings (Double from TFA and Ry4 from FA), but they just didn't have enough tobacco for me by themselves.

I can only tell you what works well for me so ymmv and all that. I tend to like non-ashy, clean and rich tobacco flavors as well so hopefully there's something here you'll like.

Inawera Vanilla for Pipe. Good pipe type tobacco flavor with a hint of vanilla. Great stand a lone or as base for added flavors. No ash that I can taste.

Hangsen Highway. Good tobacco flavors with distinct nut type flavor, great stand a lone or as base for added flavors. Either no ash or at least not enough to tell.

SC (China) Cigar. Good, deep tobacco flavor with maybe a hint of chocolate. Great stand a lone or as base for added flavors. I sometimes argue with myself if the chocolate is there or not but I'm pretty sure that it is. Again, no ash that I can tell.

Pick up your favorite vanillas, caramels, sweeteners, fruits, and so forth and you'll soon have a good variety of great recipes.

I also like the Rustica TA really well and recommend giving it a try when you get around to it. Here's a post with a link in case you haven't seen it. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-absolute-flavor-all-itself.html#post15318077

Last edited:

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
Hey guys, got my DNB in and added 1 drop to the 5ml real cig sample I had. Rewicked a Kayfun, filled it up with Real Cig and gave it a try. At first not sure I liked it but had trouble putting it down so vaped it a bit more... and more...and more. Then while waiting for the forum to get back up I mixed up a 20 ml sample of %10 Real Cig with 4 drops of TA Virginia and 4 drops of DNB. More than likely I will be vaping that tomorrow.

I also received my Mother Milk TA. How do yall suggest mixing that. Its a paste like Rustica is. If I want to mix it into one large batch how much PG would yall suggest i mix it to?

Reactions: GaryInTexas

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Hey guys, got my DNB in and added 1 drop to the 5ml real cig sample I had. Rewicked a Kayfun, filled it up with Real Cig and gave it a try. At first not sure I liked it but had trouble putting it down so vaped it a bit more... and more...and more. Then while waiting for the forum to get back up I mixed up a 20 ml sample of %10 Real Cig with 4 drops of TA Virginia and 4 drops of DNB. More than likely I will be vaping that tomorrow.

I also received my Mother Milk TA. How do yall suggest mixing that. Its a paste like Rustica is. If I want to mix it into one large batch how much PG would yall suggest i mix it to?

You'll find as it sits and matures it will get better and better.
read this thread for how to mix and other info on TA
Tobacco Absolute - A Flavor All By Itself. | ECF

Reactions: chopdoc

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey

Mix it the same way you mix the rustica.

1 part TA to 9 parts pg/pga which will make a 10% solution

GaryInTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
NE Texas, USA

Did you use 10% flavoring on that 20 ml Real Cig? Recommended dosage is 2.5% and that seems pretty strong to me.

1vapeatatime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2012
Nevada
HALO: Prime 15, Freedom Juice, Tribeca, and Longhorn
BWB: Casablanca
HHV: Legend, Dark Horse, Sludge, and Shadow
GLV: Deadly Sin, English Bulldog, Newminster 23, and Pop's Pipe
CCV: Tombstone, Empire, and Ironwood
NICOTICKET: H1N1, Radioactive, and Wadonga(or something like that)
VT: Backwoods
CHARLIE NOBLE: Tripoli

I just bought a 30 ml 18mg bottle of each of the above.....somebody shoot me now!!!!!

But seriously I had a few spare bucks and went juice shopping. I haven't bought a juice in well over 18 months, and got to reminiscing and wondering what it would be like to try some of my old favs and compare them to my own stuff. I also added a few new juices to my list.

I thoroughly enjoy DIYing, and have come up with some awesome juices, but even the greatest chefs( which I am NOT) enjoy being cooked for once in a while, so I decided to buy a couple of juices. That it turned out to be more than 20 is not my fault. I couldn't help myself.

I also bought some Molinberry flavors from VT, but haven't tried them yet.

I guess there's nothing wrong with trying the best of both worlds. HAs anyone else done this since they started DIYing?

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
HALO: Prime 15, Freedom Juice, Tribeca, and Longhorn
BWB: Casablanca
HHV: Legend, Dark Horse, Sludge, and Shadow
GLV: Deadly Sin, English Bulldog, Newminster 23, and Pop's Pipe
CCV: Tombstone, Empire, and Ironwood
NICOTICKET: H1N1, Radioactive, and Wadonga(or something like that)
VT: Backwoods
CHARLIE NOBLE: Tripoli

I just bought a 30 ml 18mg bottle of each of the above.....somebody shoot me now!!!!!

But seriously I had a few spare bucks and went juice shopping. I haven't bought a juice in well over 18 months, and got to reminiscing and wondering what it would be like to try some of my old favs and compare them to my own stuff. I also added a few new juices to my list.

I thoroughly enjoy DIYing, and have come up with some awesome juices, but even the greatest chefs( which I am NOT) enjoy being cooked for once in a while, so I decided to buy a couple of juices. That it turned out to be more than 20 is not my fault. I couldn't help myself.

I also bought some Molinberry flavors from VT, but haven't tried them yet.

I guess there's nothing wrong with trying the best of both worlds. HAs anyone else done this since they started DIYing?

I just recently got back into DIY a few months ago (I quit for about a year) but I'm still vaping some old juice from my previous go-to vendor. But even when that's gone, I might occasionally buy a few bottles if I see some good sales.

Reactions: 1vapeatatime

BTHUNDER

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
Scheiblingkirchen, AUSTRIA
great idea - having a tobacco discussion ... my personal faves so far

Avoria - PURE TABAK
Avoria - WILD SAHARA
Avoria - GOLD ROYAL
Avoria - PLATIN TABAK
Avoria - BLACK CAVENDISH
Avoria - ICE FRESH TABAK

Avoria has some really cool authentic tobacco aromas ... for sure a "must try" ... also some of their other aromas are for sure more than worth a try :) just love these tobaccos

Inawera - MAXX BLEND
Inawera - CLASSIC AMERICAN
Inawera - ORIENTAL
Inawera - RED FOR PIPE
Inawera - CHERRY FOR PIPE
Inawera - VIRGINIA
Inawera - CLASSIC GREEN CIGARILLO

Inawera were my first tobaccos to try and I still LOVE tinod'milano MAXX BLEND ... i constantly try more of them and found quite some that made it into my "juice-bar"

FlavourArt - MAXX BLEND
FlavourArt - ROYAL

Recently I also tried these flavour art aromas - i am totally blown away with their "ROYAL" - really cool aroma!

i am constantly trying out new flavors and also try to experiment with them ... my latest favorite is AVORIA's BLACK CAVENDISH / BLACKBERRY ... a real authentic blackberry really works great for ME with tobaccos ...

have a great weekend out there guys !!!

Reactions: 1vapeatatime

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
......... ... my personal faves so far

Inawera - CHERRY FOR PIPE

i am constantly trying out new flavors and also try to experiment with them ... my latest favorite is AVORIA's BLACK CAVENDISH / BLACKBERRY ... a real authentic blackberry really works great for ME with tobaccos ...

have a great weekend out there guys !!!

I take it the Black Cavendish / Blackberry is a premixed flavor like the Cherry for Pipe? I normally like to add flavors myself, like adding a cherry flavor to a tobacco flavor, because I can control the strength of each flavor in the mix. However, I didn't care much for the couple of blackberry flavors I've tried. Where do you get the Avoria flavors?

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Reactions: smacuser
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread