Favorite YouTube vape reviewers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
If I watch any it's Phil Busardo, Dimitris Agrafiotis for actual info, Vaping Bogan, Zophie vapes for grins.
None of them helped make my purchasing decisions.
I really liked SuperXdrifter when he was active.
I don't care for vaping clown shows.

Last edited:

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
I really like Jai Haze. Tons of people hate him, but I like how he hates everything. Points out the faults in everything. I love Vaping with Vic to balance it out. Vic is probably my favourite.

Those are my two go-tos.

Like everyone else, I used to watch Rip Trippers and Indoor Smokers. But I can't stand Rip Trippers at all anymore. The guy is a walking billboard for everything wrong with vape reviews. Almost never gives any critical reviews and doesn't spend enough time with mods to properly review them. He's more first impressions than anything - and always 'the ....'. Indoor Smokers technical knowledge is really dubious, and he gets so much hardware that again I have problem putting any weight behind his opinion. That and the fact that I think 90% of the people here are more knowledgeable than him. Plus I haven't used non rebuildables in over a year.

Rip Trippers lost all my respect when he started pushing his foo-foo magic powder zodiac sign gluten free vegan garbage. Plus he's literally the poster boy for Smok -- the company I think represents (again) everything wrong with the vaping industry.

smok.jpg

I also can't watch Phil Bursado. I think he's a (edited, not appropriate) and i've boycotted him since his thing with Vic. And even with that aside, he's completely the opposite to me. I only DTL, big clouds, big flavours, hate TC and don't use anything regulated with a screen.

I also catch Matt (suck my mod) and Tony B's (vapor trail) videos once and a while - I like those guys. Even though I will never buy the Pulse 80W and think the whole Voopoo chip thing is ridiculous on both sides.

I watch Grimm Green too. More for entertainment than actual vaping stuff. But he's one of the few American reviews that seems honest and doing it for the right reasons. It's just that his videos fit better in the entertainment segment.

Not really fan of Bogan or Twisted420. Maybe i'd like Bogan more if I was still filled with teenage angst, and anything that glorifies 420/pot culture is a complete turn off for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I can't believe no one mentioned DJLsb (Daniel) yet. If I am shopping for a regulated mod or want to know the exact dimensions of something I watch DJLsb and/or PBusardo. I watch them because I want to see the oscilloscope results to see how accurate the device really is. If I set something to 50 watts or 450F I want to know that is what it is actually putting out and those are the ONLY 2 guys that do that. For Phil's reviews I usually just skip to the oscilloscope section of the vid. For DJLsb I just skip the unboxing and disassembly sections. I know DJLsb is honest because he has called out manufacturers that have tried to bribe him or threaten him to give good reviews or have lied about specs, etc. and some products he has straight up called them {excrement}y. If anything he can be brutally honest.

For tanks, drippers, or anything other than regulated mods then I watch nearly everyone else. I will watch almost every review available about the item I am interested in, to get more than one opinion. Although, I don't really care for Rip but will occasionally watch one if his is the only review available at the time or one of only a couple.

I don't get caught up in their personalities (or lack thereof) nor do I care about their personal lives or spats with other reviewers. If they can provide the details I am looking for, to make an informed decision, then that's all I care about.

Last edited:

Raider87

Jul 11, 2014
Mississippi, USA
It kind of depends of what mood I’m in.

I still like Rip, his newer stuff is fast and to the point and his camera work and lighting is great to see what the mod or tank looks like.

Mike Vapes stays active, I like him, reviews a lot of stuff.

Bogan is fun if I have the time, his videos usually run long.
Twisted420 is good for a laugh.

DJLsb is pretty good, gives a technical side.

Suck my mod might be my overall favorite, well rounded reviewer.

On the other side of things, I really don’t like Grim Green, has an annoying personality IMO.
And I flat out can’t stand the bald, sweaty loudmouth that goes by Jai Haze.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
PBusardo is my hands down favorite for completeness. Yeah, he talks A LOT and his videos are LONG, but I usually skip ahead to the meat of the topic. I like how he uses a scientific approach to reviewing and uses sophisticated equipment to test out mods, something most other reviewers don't do.

I also like igetcha69, Abby Vapes, and Suck My Mod. I used to like RIP Trippers before his personality change. Grimm Green is entertaining ("burp") and often has pretty good videos despite having minimal technical knowledge; I think he has ADHD and often gets sidetracked, but that is part of his entertainment appeal to me. Honorable mention goes to DJLsb, another reviewer who takes a scientific approach for his reviews.

Now that Battery Mooch has his own You Tube channel, he is hands down the winner concerning battery advice.

Last edited:

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
I like Vic cause he tells me "don't vape in a van" somthing I do every day. Plus I trust his opinion for some reason.

My biggest take away from Vic is that even if he had 10 subscribers and 20 views per video, it seems like he's the kind of guy who would still be doing it. He seems like a genuine guy.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Zophie Vapes. She's adorable, like a daughter. Also, she's funny.
Legion Vapes. Was my first vaping youtuber with his "5 things" for beginners videos which I found very helpful. I find his red beard to be very sexy. Wish he'd clean that thumb, though.

I watch Zophie just to see her current hair color.

Daniel is always worth a watch. Phil is only worth it if it's a choice when I have some spare days that need to be filled and it's between him and War and Peace.

Otherwise I just don't keep up with any of them. If something that really interests me gets released and I need some visuals like a new tank/deck I'll watch, but other than that I don't find them all that helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread