Favorites losing their flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trips1103

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
North Carolina
I've had several favorite juices from a really wonderful supplier. I know he's changed a few things around, but for the better part, he works with me on flavors and services and has always provided a product I'm happy to spend my money on.

Well recently I had the chance to try the Bloog SPI juice, and for some reason, I can't get enough of it. My other favorites were put away. Now I'm out of the SPI juice, and won't be able to order more until the 14th. My mouth tastes awful while vaping my old favorites, so this is going to be a rocky week.

Has this happened to others? Have your favorites simply lost their appeal to you for similar reasons ... seemingly overnight!? Am I just fickle? I tend to stock up, and I hope that after not having them for a while, I'll feel good about my former favorites again. If not, I'm out of that money.

I haven't had such a strange shift in my flavor preference before .. especially so quickly!

vafromnc

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2011
North Carolina
I've had several favorite juices from a really wonderful supplier. I know he's changed a few things around, but for the better part, he works with me on flavors and services and has always provided a product I'm happy to spend my money on.

Well recently I had the chance to try the Bloog SPI juice, and for some reason, I can't get enough of it. My other favorites were put away. Now I'm out of the SPI juice, and won't be able to order more until the 14th. My mouth tastes awful while vaping my old favorites, so this is going to be a rocky week.

Has this happened to others? Have your favorites simply lost their appeal to you for similar reasons ... seemingly overnight!? Am I just fickle? I tend to stock up, and I hope that after not having them for a while, I'll feel good about my former favorites again. If not, I'm out of that money.
I haven't had such a strange shift in my flavor preference before .. especially so quickly!
I feel your pain. Have you ever considered getting a few DIY flavors to touch up your old juices? Like maybe some caramel to nudge and old RY4 back into life, that sort of thing. It may not make the juice exactly the way it was, but at least it wouldn't be a total waste.

VaperEd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2011
Disney Land
You are not alone. Right now all the flavor I get is in the first vape with any of my e-juice. After that I could not even tell you what flavor it is. The strange thing is I can smell it just fine in the bottle. lol I think my taste buds are getting back at me for the years of analogues. I hope this does not last long.

zara1269

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2010
Ohio
I noticed that in the beginning phases of beginning vaping and quitting smoking many juices lost their appeal fast. So many tasted bad to me or didn't appeal to me after the first few puffs. But I think the longer I am vaping vs not smoking the more I can vape most flavors longer. Personally, I think your tastes buds are in shock when you first quit smoking that after you get used to vaping more the less peculiar your taste buds are.

At least that's my :2c:. :vapor: And I still don't have an all day vape. I use up to 3 flavors or more sometimes of juice a day. It's the beauty of vaping vs smoking.

Trips1103

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
North Carolina
Thank you everyone who responded!

Yes, I'm here again today vaping my "favorites" and I can't stand them. :( I realized what it's like: It's like having a good cup of coffee .. steamy, creamy, or however you like it best. Starts off the day great. But go back to that same cup of coffee two hours later and it's cold, tastes nasty. The essence is the same, and you can tell that what you liked is still there, it's just no longer palatable.

I'll try some type of mint or citrus to cleanse my taste buds. Thank you for that tip.

It seems so odd though, doesn't it?

We can smoke the same type of cigarettes year after year without changing. We can't stand even the smallest change in brand, and we go right back to our select brand when we can. Why is it SO different with vaping? It is because our mind relates it more to a food product now, and after eating the same thing day after day we just get sick of it?

Or are there different types of vaping "families". We have the tobacco family, the sweets, the drinks, the pastry types .. etc. If we switch to a favorite of a different "family" will it help? I don't know. I've been vaping RY4 and Keoke Coffee for so long now, and I don't have any other flavors to trade off right now.

Ah well ... Looking forward to next week. At least I have another flavor I know I like. I just need to get the money, order it, and wait.

Good to know I'm not alone. I felt like a fool thinking something was wrong with me.

Trips1103

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
North Carolina
I am mixing premixed juices together in some pretty strange combinations right now just trying to get some flavor. Maybe I will make a great discovery. lol I would just be satisfied with some flavor.

I've done that in the past.

Ultimately I end up with some variety of vanilla or carmel out of habit.

I need something totally different for these times. A good strong cherry. Or grape.

:ohmy: !! I just remembered I had some Wyatt Earp stashed in a different spot. Crossing my fingers it will work for me for a little bit!

CloudCuckooMan

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2011
Nashville
www.reverbnation.com
I just posted something about this last week. I started vaping in July and lost flavor for the whole month of August...then it came back...then went away again and now my taste buds have pretty much been dysfunctional for almost 2 months. The only juice I can vape and enjoy is Applewood from Vermillion River. All my old favorites just don't taste good anymore...Boba's, BWB RY4, Gorilla Juice, Malty, and it happened seemingly overnight. Especially with the BWB RY4 I finally got a bottle after waiting and waiting for it to be back in stock...vaped it for an hour....then the flavor that I love disappeared and still hasn't come back. I've put all of these flavors on the shelf and come back to them every couple of days and pray that my taste is back but still no luck. I am a very sad man.

VaperEd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2011
Disney Land
Good question mjt. I have noticed my mouth dries out more at night since I started vaping and this makes the top of my tongue just a tad soar. The dryness may be whats causing my taste loss. I had some Irish Mintz from MV and the nic level (36mg) was a little strong for me. I had a sample bottle of the same juice that was (18mg) I mixed it and got it down to about (25mg). It really helped. I vaped it for a few hours and for short periods(say an hour) I can taste my old favorites. The Irish Mintz is delicious for me at 25mg. Of course I had to order a 50ml 24mg bottle right away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread