Favourite Tank Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
Well, the Vaporesso Cascade has arrived & am not impressed as of yet. The installed GTM 8 coil was very harsh, no matter which e-juice I tried, had to soak with each change for a few hours with Everclear, followed by the same in hot water after rinsing & drying. Maybe ii was that particular coil, have some more coming, although glad I didn't pull the trigger on three packs, although was tempted to, backed out at 'Pay Now'.:(

Also ordered some GTM2 coils on that day (one pack), these may work better for me (if that one GTM8 coil wasn't a fluke), there's also an included GT coil adapter that works with these plentiful ones, I love the Vaporesso GT 6 & 8 coils.:)

Even at the lowest recommended wattage, the GTM8 was very overpowering, felt more like dry hits more than anything, although coil was primed, tank filled & allowed to stand for an hour. The GTM2 coil was much better around 65-70W in Normal mode. I've been vaping for nearly 5 years & should had been able to handle the minimum of 80W recommended for the GTM8, these coils are smoother than most DIY ones.

Therefore, the TFV8 BBB & Vaporesso NRG tanks are me favorites as of now. Both delivers great flavor, hopefully Vaporesso didn't release the Cascade w/out testing their GTM8 coils extensively, would give the brand a bad name after the fantastic Revenger X Kit, or the NRG tank sold separately. One bad release, followed by many reviews, stands out more than the 10 prior good ones.

Cat

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
Finally have built the Reload RTA Kindbright version (Clone), the verdict is in!:)

Best single core RTA I've ever had the pleasure to use, running 0.18ohms @ 47.5W & was caused by a rookie mistake.:D

Intended to be a dual coil build using a 25 foot roll of fused double core Clapton wire (24/34 SS) purchased, only I didn't give enough wraps. The five on each gave me a low atomizer warning & 0.08 on my ohmmeter, so decided to try removing one coil just to see what happens, ended up with a 0.16ohm coil & it vapes better than any single core tank I've used.

It was also surprising that the cotton didn't burn at the initial 35W I first selected, in fact the vape was weak, so jumped to 40W, then 45W, which as OK, just not quite there. 50W was a bit too much, causing some spitback, so backed off to 47.5W & all is fantastic, plus no leaks!:)

Guzzles juice, although have been hitting the crap out of it, yet it's just lukewarm & highly flavorful in single coil mode. I decided to try that way because didn't want to waste any of the double core Clapton wire, which was somewhere around $15 after discount. Unlike my 100 feet rolls of SS 316L wire, was using what was needed from the spool, not wanting to waste an inch!:D

In case anyone is interested, FastTech still carries the tank (Stainless, to be restocked in 7 days), which is a clone, if living in the US, a lot of shipping time can be saved by choosing the United States epacket option (5-10 days in transit), usually only $1 or so for small items. One time was only 38 cents for a Goon style resin drip tip.

$11.32 Kindbright Reload Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 304 stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

The Blue & Gold versions are in stock & ships the next day.:)

$12.58 Kindbright Reload Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 3ml / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$11.88 Kindbright Reload Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 304 stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

In single coil mode, I rate the Reload RTA Kindbright 9.5 out of 10, the .5 docked are for the slightly rough edges below the drip tip (although not as bad as some YouTube reviewers makes out), the Goon style mentioned above. I received it w/out a tip, the friend who gave it to me may had dropped it. The box had been opened, tank possibly used, he told me to be sure & rinse it good before I started building on it. No big deal, I keep tips around.:)

Once I use the other coil placed back in the box, will try a dual coil setup, although am going to be hard pushed to beat this build.:thumbs:

Guess I had better start learning more on DIY e-juice, because am going to need it!:D

Cat

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I personally like and use the Innokin prism T-22 tank almost exclusively. It is really easy to use. I have three of them. The drop in coils don't need any special priming. I also use the T18 tank on two of my smaller mods. I have the Innokin zenith tank which is also pretty good. Need to get new coils for that one. I had a Nautilus 2 tank that gave me nothing but headaches. I liked it when it worked, but that wasn't very often. May try one again in the future.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Well, the Vaporesso Cascade has arrived & am not impressed as of yet. The installed GTM 8 coil was very harsh, no matter which e-juice I tried, had to soak with each change for a few hours with Everclear, followed by the same in hot water after rinsing & drying. Maybe ii was that particular coil, have some more coming, although glad I didn't pull the trigger on three packs, although was tempted to, backed out at 'Pay Now'.:(

Also ordered some GTM2 coils on that day (one pack), these may work better for me (if that one GTM8 coil wasn't a fluke), there's also an included GT coil adapter that works with these plentiful ones, I love the Vaporesso GT 6 & 8 coils.:)

Even at the lowest recommended wattage, the GTM8 was very overpowering, felt more like dry hits more than anything, although coil was primed, tank filled & allowed to stand for an hour. The GTM2 coil was much better around 65-70W in Normal mode. I've been vaping for nearly 5 years & should had been able to handle the minimum of 80W recommended for the GTM8, these coils are smoother than most DIY ones.

Therefore, the TFV8 BBB & Vaporesso NRG tanks are me favorites as of now. Both delivers great flavor, hopefully Vaporesso didn't release the Cascade w/out testing their GTM8 coils extensively, would give the brand a bad name after the fantastic Revenger X Kit, or the NRG tank sold separately. One bad release, followed by many reviews, stands out more than the 10 prior good ones.

Cat

Give the Cascade another chance! It’s not the tank it’s the coil! The GTM coils suck imo especially the GTM 8 what’s pre installed. I only use the GT coils in it with the adapter and it is FANTASTIC for flavor and clouds. I’ve been mostly using the Ccell ceramic which is stainless steel, GT 4 & 6.

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
Give the Cascade another chance! It’s not the tank it’s the coil! The GTM coils suck imo especially the GTM 8 what’s pre installed. I only use the GT coils in it with the adapter and it is FANTASTIC for flavor and clouds. I’ve been mostly using the Ccell ceramic which is stainless steel, GT 4 & 6.

Come to find out, when I received a 3 pack of the GTM8 coils, these were much better than the one which shipped with the tank & am vaping on it as am typing this post.:D

Evidently, the included coil was bad, even after soaking, boiling & poking holes in the cotton, forcing e-juice in with a fine metal tip bottle, still no good. Am glad to have ordered a pack to give the GTM8 coil a second chance, as well as some extra GTM2 ones.:)

Glad that am now doing some DIY e-juice mixing, with the GTM8 coil, vaping at 90W, would be expensive to purchase single 60mg bottles from my hand delivered supplier. Using the GTM2 coils, not as much e-juice is used, although this won't satisfy those who wants to experience the full 200W of the tank. Note that for many reviewers, most found 125 to 145W to be the 'sweet spot', only those with huge lungs can take the Cascade to the distance.:D

Haven't tried any of the GT coils in the adapter yet, if I get a bad GTM8 coil often, will consider the option. Am not going to pay the price of a 3 pack of coils if there's inconsistent batches.

Very Happy with the Vaporesso Cascade!:thumbs:

Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread