Not open for further replies.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I feel very safe using them.
well i would only image that they are safe if the same material is used in fish tanks. Fish are very sensitive to things in there water since they are breathing and living in it constantly. I think i will feel pretty safe using ceramic

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
Question, Gdeal? He has respiratory care experience...he's mentioned it on the forum...

EDIT: Unless I'm thinking of Kurt...crap! Boden did research the ceramic wicks, though...

No problem, just didnt recall that. He did send samples of SS to the lab for oxides...they came back ok. And he did a bunch of research on white ceramics, all good as well, as long as you start with the right stuff... :)

eLCruz

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Central Florida
These seem like they'll be weaker than the round ones :(

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Yes they are! I got one just to see when I ordered 3 rounds and the first time my AGA T2 fell over it was toast! Now its in my Kanger T3 BCC, where its working quite well! I'm sticking with rounds, their longevity & strength make up for the minimal performance hit, IMHO. :2cents: ;)

Sent from Jelly Bean'd T989 using Tapatalk Beta 7.

eLCruz

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Central Florida
I ordered mine from tankecigs.com. Get this ........They were a lot thinner than 1/8", and 1/4" shorter than the round ones I had ordered from them a few months back. I emailed them requesting a refund or the correct product. BS!

That was also the case with my slotted. Must be a supplier thing...

Sent from Jelly Bean'd T989 using Tapatalk Beta 7.

PEneoark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2010
Holley, NY
Well I got a response back from the vendor....

Hi Andrew,
I'm very sorry about that! The manufacturer sent me 7/8" by mistake. They were listed as 1.5" length but the last batch I had was 1.75".
I still have some of the last batch so I will sent them out today. New tracking is 9405510200883870683599.
I will send a return envelope for the 7/8" wicks. Please use the bubble wrap to protect them in shipping.
Again, sorry for the inconvenience.
Eric
tankEcigs.com

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
this is so confusing for adhd ocd types (like me)...
I am having a hell of a time with the slotted PC2000's ... is this been covered?

but even a few hot wraps later, I'm getting too much red coils (harsh, burning)... not top hot spots but the whole coil or half of it.

even at .98 Ohms... is it the slots ?

used 30g nichrome which was pretty easy to use....

eLCruz

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Central Florida
this is so confusing for adhd ocd types (like me)...
I am having a hell of a time with the slotted PC2000's ... is this been covered?

but even a few hot wraps later, I'm getting too much red coils (harsh, burning)... not top hot spots but the whole coil or half of it.

even at .98 Ohms... is it the slots ?

used 30g nichrome which was pretty easy to use....

No expert here, but sounds like your coil isn't tight enough. Is the wick staying moist? If not that'll do it, too.
Your coil should look something like this:
puby4u9y.jpg

5a7ytese.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

crss

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Mar 19, 2013
    dev/null
    I set up a 1/8 ceramic (HOT WRAP) 0.8x 0.1 mm FLAT Kenthal wire, friday after work. Here are 2 pictures of the build. Sorry its just an iphone picture. But you will get the idea. It is performing great!! I hate to snap ceramic wicks. I keep the pieces for?? They still work on a tilt.
    s22-1ohm.jpg ribbon+ceramic.jpg
    The end result looks like this
    JM22+Stratus22.jpg
    Still on the 1st tank of Pluid, so it only gets better from here.

ukeman

PV Masher
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2010
    Kauai, Hawaii
    I've got one hot wrap that i'm loving; best i've ever had: narrower but round PC2K and hot wrap 30g .8 Ohms.... so perfect i cleaned it after a few weeks and still going good....left it on the Genesis and cleaned with water/alcohol, brushed it.... didn't want to disturb the coils.....no hot spots...always spot on.

but just can't duplicate it....

ukeman

PV Masher
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2010
    Kauai, Hawaii
    oops ... yeah; i was wrong from the start. its fc2000.
    What is this PC2000? I don't think I've heard of this one.
    so i went back to first post and see that the skinnier wicks don't wick well and thick wire is not optimal....

but hot wrap was supposed to fix that....? i am done with this puppy ... for now; until i get a new game plan (like ss mesh).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread