FDA and Racketeering Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
FDA Running Extortion Racket: Natural Supplement Companies Threatened with Arrest if They Don't Pay Up by Mike Adams the Health Ranger

Now, I know this is based on the natural supplements industry, but I think it is an important read for us to consider.

BIGJIMW - Be warned... it will make you madder than you already are at the FDA...

However, that said, here are some of the most excellent excerpts:

"NaturalNews has learned the U.S. Food and Drug Administration is running a criminal extortion racket designed to drain cash from health supplement companies and shift it into the pockets of top FDA contractors. This organized crime operation has been running for years, and it has operated with impunity because each company targeted by the scam feels isolated and alone, unable to face the astronomical legal bills of going to court and battling the FDA. So one by one, they agree to "settle" with the FDA for crimes they never committed. Part of the settlement, of course, involves the payment of FDA employees or contractors who pocket the money extorted from health companies."

"It is the FDA's position that there is no such thing as any food, beverage, supplement or herb that has any health benefit whatsoever. Merely making such a claim instantly qualifies your product as a "new and unapproved drug," according to the FDA.

Officially, the FDA claims all health products are inert and have no properties other than their macronutrients (fiber, carbohydrates, protein, etc.).

There is only one class of substances that have any biological effect on the human body, the FDA claims: Pharmaceuticals. Only those patented, synthetic chemicals are allowed to be described as having benefits to human health."

Does any of this sound familiar in our situation????

Janetda

ECF Veteran
Oh, I love these guys. Here's a quote from another article, "An FDA panel has voted, with a slim margin, to require "black box warnings" on ADHD drugs following the deaths of hundreds of people who were taking them. If these drugs had been a Chinese herb, of course, the FDA would right now be issuing a nationwide ban and confiscating millions of dollars in inventory at health food stores all around the country. But since it's a highly-profitable class of prescription drugs, the agency is resorting to warnings that are routinely ignored by doctors and patients alike."

Health roundup: Herb bashing, black box warnings and Honey Nut Cheerios (satire) by Mike Adams the Health Ranger

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I take a number of supplements, Lacey, and go back 40 years with my various vitamins and minerals. But that field is the poster for snake oil salesman. I mean there so many CONS out there selling from the covered wagons.

They must have teams of lawyers finding legal ways of saying "this is a magic elixer for what ails you" without ever saying what it's for. They love being imprecise in claims. Everything from cancer to pimples can be thus cured under the same claim. Unless proven, it's a crap claim.

I have no idea what should be done to those who sell this stuff, and I don't want an FDA clampdown on the natural/organic industry, but they do need regulation. I did agree with everything Leaford said awhile back about scientific proof. Without it, no claims should be made. With it, there won't be a problem.

I hope the FDA sues the author of this piece, by the way. If the author can prove bribes and payoffs, blow that whistle to a judge. If he can't, he belongs behind bars for libel of numerous employees. That is shameful reporting, without cited sources. Just damning generalities.

HaploVoss

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Rogersville, MO - USA
The crappy part is about that though is that it completely limits the food and drug industry to big time businesses and not start ups. You can't go get yourself a SBA loan that would cover the endless amount of testing the FDA requires these days - and it *is* very biased. As I've said before my Brother works for one of the major pharma companies and they get things pushed through all the time, while up and coming companies wait for years upon years (so does big pharma in some cases don't get me wrong) by comparison, with no hope for getting a break.

Basically the FDA needs some regulation in my own and several other people already in the industry. They need testing standards that they themselves are forced to abide by once they've decided on them making it reasonably affordable for anyone to come up with, certify, and market their product safely.

As it stands - this just outside the reach of many people seeking FDA approval and we have lost several promising alternatives because of it. Including 2 recent submissions for cancer and AIDS treatment from smaller pharma companies. After nearly 8 years of research the FDA failed both of them on the grounds of 'insufficient testing span'. While they pass many meds for the same treatments with less than 4 years research.

Regardless of e-cigs, health foods, or startup companies... the FDA obviously needs regulation of its own. I'm just not sure that will ever happen.

Take care,
- Hap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread